Bills to go in little-talked-about direction at QB?

Rubes

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll go on record as saying I don't the Bills to trade for a QB this offseason with the possible exception of RG3. (Obviously, if we could trade for a legit Playoff QB, I'd be OK with that, but none are available). I don't want to waste a pick on someone elses backups or garbage. Sign a couple UFAs, draft a kid and let them all compete EJ.

All the available QBs mentioned in this thread have significant question marks (Does anyone disagree and feel any of the potential QBs are sure things as athlets).

Even if one chooses to pretend one of these "prospects" is gonna be the stud QB we want, the fact is in today's NFL banking on one player to be injury free all season is dicey at best.

The answer seems clear to me for giving us the best shot at finding an adequate QB:

Lower the number of points that your likely adequate at best QB (be it McCoy, Gabbert, Glennon, or even EJ) have to produce and rack up the Ws..

The best thing the Bills can do to assure adequate QB play is to invest in their D to make it possible for the less than stellar QB they are almost certainly gonna get to win games.

All the available QBs mentioned in this thread have significant question marks (Does anyone disagree and feel any of the potential QBs are sure things as athlets).

Even if one chooses to pretend one of these "prospects" is gonna be the stud QB we want, the fact is in today's NFL banking on one player to be injury free all season is dicey at best.

The answer seems clear to me for giving us the best shot at finding an adequate QB:

Lower the number of points that your likely adequate at best QB (be it McCoy, Gabbert, Glennon, or even EJ) have to produce and rack up the Ws..

The best thing the Bills can do to assure adequate QB play is to invest in their D to make it possible for the less than stellar QB they are almost certainly gonna get to win games.

Yes, no sure thing QB is going to drop in our laps (in fact, EJ is probably the best option).

We need to:

1.) continue to build/maintain a premier defense

2.) build the OL and the running game

3.) get better game planning and play calling from the coaching staff

4.) bring in multiple options at QB and let them battle it out for the starting spot. But I would like a starter chosen early in camp so that they can build rapport with the OL, RBs and receivers.

I need a QB that can get the ball to Sammy all over the field and hand the ball off. I really don't believe EJ can get the ball to Sammy consistently. He struggles throwing to WRs, which is not good for a QB.

I think the one free agent who has shown the ability to get WRs the football is Brian Hoyer.

Also people call me crazy, but Kirk Cousins has shown this ability. Mike Glennon has as well.

I need a QB that can get the ball to Sammy all over the field and hand the ball off. I really don't believe EJ can get the ball to Sammy consistently. He struggles throwing to WRs, which is not good for a QB.

I think the one free agent who has shown the ability to get WRs the football is Brian Hoyer.

Also people call me crazy, but Kirk Cousins has shown this ability. Mike Glennon has as well.

I agree he lacks the arm talent necessary to be the guy. People say he only got 14 games before he got pulled. You could tell during that time he couldn't hit the long pass and he lacked accuracy.

The league has changed. The rules now dictate that having a difference-making qb rather than a caretaker qb is the only path to the SB.

Lets just make the playoffs first. Then, as in the case of Manning and the Broncos the stud QB sought them out and now they compete for the SB regularly.

Besides even with the skew toward O its hard to see 3 DL players qualifying for the Pro Bowl with one (the FA acquisition) or two (Gilmore seems to be getting it, not being holy heck for even the best O.

Yes, even a great D is conspired against in this league, but a sack is a sack and this team led the NFL in sacks. Further it produced a ton of INTs even against the best QBs in the league the last few games.

A great D helps improve any difficulties EJ has passing downfield by giving him short fields if they 3 and out the opponent a few times or get TOs.

Tedy Bruschi just said on SC that he thinks the Bills should bring in Sanchez because Rex has won with him before, and the type of offense he will be running he will just need to make key throws and manage the game.

Nobody actually thinks Sanchez is good, but I definitely wouldn't mind him being signed.

Nobody actually thinks Sanchez is good, but I definitely wouldn't mind him being signed.

He's been my choice even before we hired Rex, and everyone slams me but I can't stop. I just think he's the best fit. And I don't have the energy to defend all of his flaws. I know they are there. I still think he's the one. Edited by YoloinOhio

He's been my choice even before we hired Rex, and everyone slams me but I can't stop. I just think he's the best fit. And I don't have the energy to defend all of his flaws. I know they are there. I still think he's the one.

I am not set on him, but do believe we can do much worse. Just say no to RG3

I am not set on him, but do believe we can do much worse. Just say no to RG3

I don't love him. I just don't hate him as much as I do the rest of the available options.hes the best of the FA QBs and while that's sad, it's true. He knows the division, he's won in it, he was a high draft pick for a reason, he's not injury prone, and should be a reasonable contract. I know all of his flaws ... That's why he's available. He can compete with EJ in camp and see who is better in this offense. With a good OL, running game (the plan is to have these) and our weapons in the passing game (and the defense), I think he can win. Edited by YoloinOhio