Obama's 2015 Budget Proposal

Nanker

What part of my previous explanation, chewed, swallowed and digested by the board, do I need to repeat?

If you cut federal spending, and raised taxes to cover the difference, it would hurt consumer spending, which is a huge part of the economy. Ronald Reagan's budget deficits helped economic growth. All that extra spending and tax cuts boosted the economy, all while doubling the national debt

So at what point does our national debt and the cost to service that debt become a problem for you? Is there a point at which we should all be concerned?

Edited by keepthefaith

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Can you explain to us why we should ignore the CBO report and not be concerned with $18T in debt and growing?

Because it's a Republican Congress. The CBO's only accurate when Congress is controlled by Democrats...so we take them at their word when they evaluated the ACA, but now they're liars.

POOR PRESIDENT OBAMA. AMERICA HAS DISAPPOINTED HIM AGAIN.

In L.A., Obama addresses Washington’s dysfunction: ‘I did not say I would fix it.’

Actually, you kinda did.

Oh, well — off to the next golf trip/fundraiser!

From your link:

Obama in 2008, saying he would fix Washington's dysfunction http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/21/debate.transcript/

Retweet
Favorite
More
CH36cuNWEAAosko.png

POOR PRESIDENT OBAMA. AMERICA HAS DISAPPOINTED HIM AGAIN.

In L.A., Obama addresses Washington’s dysfunction: ‘I did not say I would fix it.’

Actually, you kinda did.

Oh, well — off to the next golf trip/fundraiser!

Been saying this for eight years: The thin line between imply and infer is where Obama attempts to sleep at night..with all the other failed leaders. At this point, not even his party takes him seriously. He needs to come to CA where the money flows and they'll give him cash freely before taking in 18 holes in the 1% world where the water is still permitted to water the lawns.

Ah, just like the grocery store that triples the prices and then has a half off sale.

Grocery stores do that? I know furniture stores do. And there's a Persian rug chain in the area that had a "Going Out Of Business" sale for about six years running.

CHOCOLATE RATION RAISED TO TWENTY GRAMS A WEEK!

Politico Editor: Falling GDP Is Good.

Watching the Leftists spin the Obama Recovery / green shoots / Summer of Recovery / Summer of Recovery 2.0 / Summer of Recovery 3.0, winter causes economic slowdown, etc I am often reminded of that old MadTV skit Lowered Expectations

CHOCOLATE RATION RAISED TO TWENTY GRAMS A WEEK!

Politico Editor: Falling GDP Is Good..

During the Cold War, Americans turned to GDP as a way to measure whether capitalism was trumping Communism, and meanwhile the Soviets developed their own version of GDP to prove that their system was better.
[...]
Rather than nurturing the GDP fetish, we should instead look to a better accounting of collective needs and the best way to meet those.

Translation: now that we've defeated the Soviet Union, we should emulate them.