Obama's 2015 Budget Proposal

Nanker

Politico: The College Loan Bombshell Hidden in the Budget: Obama’s new repayment program comes with a record $22 billion shortfall.

“In obscure data tables buried deep in its 2016 budget proposal, the Obama administration revealed this week that its student loan program had a $21.8 billion shortfall last year, apparently the largest ever recorded for any government credit program.”

This is why I advise students not to count on Income-Based Repayment or similar programs being around when they graduate.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every now and then even a squirrel............ Oh speaking of squirrels I'm still waiting on how buying a $100 bond magically turns into $200.

First he has to explain how balancing the federal budget hurts the economy.

I'll go make the...well, you know...

Every now and then even a squirrel............ Oh speaking of squirrels I'm still waiting on how buying a $100 bond magically turns into $200.

What part of my previous explanation, chewed, swallowed and digested by the board, do I need to repeat?

First he has to explain how balancing the federal budget hurts the economy.

I'll go make the...well, you know...

If you cut federal spending, and raised taxes to cover the difference, it would hurt consumer spending, which is a huge part of the economy. Ronald Reagan's budget deficits helped economic growth. All that extra spending and tax cuts boosted the economy, all while doubling the national debt

What part of my previous explanation, chewed, swallowed and digested by the board, do I need to repeat?

If you cut federal spending, and raised taxes to cover the difference, it would hurt consumer spending, which is a huge part of the economy. Ronald Reagan's budget deficits helped economic growth. All that extra spending and tax cuts boosted the economy, all while doubling the national debt

Oh, you want to cut spending AND raise taxes? I'm sure that plan would work well at the discretion of a bunch of toads who think lower gas prices is the right time for a new gas tax.

Why not just cut spending? Coburn's Wastebook had $30B without even blinking. We could cut billions more by just canceling tens of thousands of useless projects, sell off properties, and cut sole-sourced contracts. We could save millions just by addressing government credit card fraud. There is plenty of money available to balance the budget without raising taxes on a single person.

But a nutsucker like you couldn't imagine doing anything that didn't include raising taxes.

Easy. It's got a front side and a backside. See, it says $100 on both sides. [/gatard lodgik]

Wait...tax cuts and budget deficits are a good thing? So now you support Bush's economic policies?

Wait...tax cuts and budget deficits are a good thing?

No, according to gatorman, they're not a good thing UNLESS you simultaneously raise taxes to offset the cuts, which he insists would be bad for the economy, and that's why you should never balance the federal budget.

You take that. I've got the bricks and Molotovs.

Ok but i suggest we segregate our customers. I know for a fact after whiskey and Valium mine are so going to want to buy from you and that's jusf a bad combo. Or as we call it here in Oakland....Saturday night.

Or, I could compensate you for referrals resulting in sales.

Actually you don't have to compensate me for the referral. Let me do some life insurance on them. I can get you your life license and put you on the policies and your get a cut on the comp there. And I make a killing investing the DB proceeds. It's a win win win win kind of thing.

Actually you don't have to compensate me for the referral. Let me do some life insurance on them. I can get you your life license and put you on the policies and your get a cut on the comp there. And I make a killing investing the DB proceeds. It's a win win win win kind of thing.

I had my life and health licenses years ago.

Shouldn't take much to get them reinstated.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker