NFL Comish Goodell declines Interview on NBC W/ Bob Costis

Unfortunately my busy schedule this week did not allow time to sit down with Mr. Costas, but I trust Friday's press conference covered all the key areas of interest. I'm sure all fans are looking forward to an exciting Super Bowl as much as I.

Mr Kraft is pleased.

Olbermann is savaging Goodell and the league on his show daily.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are a true fan of the NFL, you better hope somehow that !@#$ Goodell is removed from office, or the league will soon be a shell of why we love it.

He gets my "!@#$ of a lifetime" award, and I would love the chance to knock the smirk of his face!

If you are a true fan of the NFL, you better hope somehow that !@#$ Goodell is removed from office, or the league will soon be a shell of why we love it.

He gets my "!@#$ of a lifetime" award, and I would love the chance to knock the smirk of his face!

exactly what do you think will happen if the owners fire him and pick another mouthpiece to take their lumps in public?

Come on, tell us all about it.

He has made the game secondary to revenue, how much money do the owners and the league need?

6 games in London, taking games and revenue away from home stadiums and fans.

Officiating confidence at an all time low under his watch.

Constantly looking to go to 18 games. Do I need to go on as to how he's killing the game?

Get someone in there who knows and has played the game, not an arrogant prick that has nothing but dollar signs in his sights.

Football should be about the GAME first, and all the other intangibles should be secondary.

He has made the game secondary to revenue, how much money do the owners and the league need?

6 games in London, taking games and revenue away from home stadiums and fans.

Officiating confidence at an all time low under his watch.

Constantly looking to go to 18 games. Do I need to go on as to how he's killing the game?

Get someone in there who knows and has played the game, not an arrogant prick that has nothing but dollar signs in his sights.

Football should be about the GAME first, and all the other intangibles should be secondary.

Goodell had nothing to do with the decision to go to London.

Goodell had nothing to do with a push for 18 games.

Goodell had nothing to do with the NFL's decision to focus on defensive PI.

These are ALL decisions of the owners.

How can you possibly not know this?

He is a Freaking idiot. Here we have the host network

televising the game and he refuse to go on the air to

represent his league and 32 teams.

This is really just one more reason why this

guy needs to go

I was hoping you were talking about Costas.

Mr. Weo, I don't think you're totally correct, here. Goodell has stated many times how he wants games in London, how he thought an 18 game schedule was a great idea, etc.

Sure, the owners like some of his ideas that make them more money, but as I previously stated, the game is unraveling right in front of us, the people that love it, and the buck stops on his desk!

Take a poll and see what the fans (and players, for that matter) think of this guy. I'm certain you will find that the vast majority echo my sentiments regarding him.

Mr. Weo, I don't think you're totally correct, here. Goodell has stated many times how he wants games in London, how he thought an 18 game schedule was a great idea, etc.

Sure, the owners like some of his ideas that make them more money, but as I previously stated, the game is unraveling right in front of us, the people that love it, and the buck stops on his desk!

Take a poll and see what the fans (and players, for that matter) think of this guy. I'm certain you will find that the vast majority echo my sentiments regarding him.

You're kidding, right? "His ideas"?

He's paid to say those things. He's also paid 30 million to be the focus of nutty fans who "hate" the NFL. It keeps the 32 men who run the league comfortably in their 32 individual mints printing free money.

Again, am I wrong on the problems I've stated? Absolutely not! When the league grew and flourished, it was under the direction of Pete Rozelle, and Paul Tagliabue.

Did you hear people wanting to run them out of office? No. Did you hear the boos reign down last night when Goodell presented the trophy? Damn right you did!

Hey, if you are a Goodell fan, god bless you. I hate the arrogant ass, as do many fans.

If things don't change soon, and some new direction brought in, it won't be long and I will be telling you, "Sorry, but I told you so."

Again, am I wrong on the problems I've stated? Absolutely not! When the league grew and flourished, it was under the direction of Pete Rozelle, and Paul Tagliabue.

Did you hear people wanting to run them out of office? No. Did you hear the boos reign down last night when Goodell presented the trophy? Damn right you did!

Hey, if you are a Goodell fan, god bless you. I hate the arrogant ass, as do many fans.

If things don't change soon, and some new direction brought in, it won't be long and I will be telling you, "Sorry, but I told you so."

You have demonstrated over and over that you don't understand what Goodell does and does not do. He works for the owners. He has made them far richer and their teams more valuable than any commissioner before him. Nobody called for the heads of Rozelle and Tagliabu because there was no way for them to do so. There was no social media--certainly not like today. Rozelle and Tags never had to worry about NFL players beating their wives and kids. They didn't care about that stuff, nor did the public. They oversaw the widespread use of steroids in the league. No one cared. They buried everything back then because it was easy to.

Today, everyone is a social commentator from his laptop or phone.

Edited by Mr. WEO

I realize he works for the owners, but he still is the one in control of the league, where the buck stops. Why do you think he was getting so much heat over the Ray Rice deal?

I do agree with you on the social media aspect of today, that's true in so many areas today. In some ways it's good, in a lot of ways it is very detrimental.

I seem to remember fans calling for Tagliabue to be tarred and feathered for various reasons.

I realize he works for the owners, but he still is the one in control of the league, where the buck stops. Why do you think he was getting so much heat over the Ray Rice deal?

I do agree with you on the social media aspect of today, that's true in so many areas today. In some ways it's good, in a lot of ways it is very detrimental.

He's just not in control of the league. He's essentially the NFL spokesman. Everything he did in regard to the Ray Rice "incident", he did with the full knowledge and support of the owners. Go check out the love that the Ravens owner and staff tossed to Rice after the story of him hitting his wife first broke almost a year ago. They were standing behind him 100%, and weren't going to punish him at all---until the second video came out and they quickly chickened out and dumped him. And Goodell took the entire shitstorm himself. The Ravens owner was unscathed.

That's why the owners won't fire him. he's paid to take the punches and they know how he's the perfect punching bag.

I would said no to an interview with Costas. Costas would have grilled him and that takes away from the event. Set it up for a later date.

He's just not in control of the league. He's essentially the NFL spokesman. Everything he did in regard to the Ray Rice "incident", he did with the full knowledge and support of the owners. Go check out the love that the Ravens owner and staff tossed to Rice after the story of him hitting his wife first broke almost a year ago. They were standing behind him 100%, and weren't going to punish him at all---until the second video came out and they quickly chickened out and dumped him. And Goodell took the entire shitstorm himself. The Ravens owner was unscathed.

That's why the owners won't fire him. he's paid to take the punches and they know how he's the perfect punching bag.

Weo for the win.

He is a Freaking idiot. Here we have the host network

televising the game and he refuse to go on the air to

represent his league and 32 teams.

This is really just one more reason why this

guy needs to go

completely agree. Costas is a great interviewer and would of asked the kind of questions the Commish would crumble under.

Obviously the guy is hiding himself until he can get a controlled interview

He's garbage. The worst commissioner in NFL history. A chimpanzee could have taken the position of commissioner and made the league just as much money with less scandal. The NFL is the most popular sport, and no commissioner will be able to change that. However, where Rozelle and Tagliabue brought class to the position, Goodell brought corruption and low character.