golf fans -- is Tiger Woods done?

truth on hold

3 hours ago, eball said:

Agreed.  And what's with Hossler -- only 23 years old and he already looks like a 45-year old dad?  Talk about soft.

That's an old school golfer's body before the fitness age that was ushered in by Tiger. 

2 hours ago, IslandBillsFan said:

I agree eball.  

I don't know why but I was rooting against Hossler.  I feel bad for him airmailing into the water in the playoff but I was pulling for Poulter.  Also, if you were watching all day Hossler seemed a little bit whiney after shots.  Who knows, he is young and best of luck to him.  

It's a bit harsh, I'll admit, and I certainly have no firsthand knowledge, but everything I've seen of Hossler screams "entitled country club whiny B word" to me.

Masters preview: Tiger's expectations, sleepers to watch
Finally, Masters week is upon us. All eyes this week will be on Tiger Woods, who is making his first start at Augusta National since 2015. Tiger's return to the Tour since his one-year absence for spinal fusion surgery has been quite impressive, and he's spoken about feeling like he can win the tournament. Are you buying that he has a legitimate chance to win? And what would qualify as a good week?

39 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Masters preview: Tiger's expectations, sleepers to watch
Finally, Masters week is upon us. All eyes this week will be on Tiger Woods, who is making his first start at Augusta National since 2015. Tiger's return to the Tour since his one-year absence for spinal fusion surgery has been quite impressive, and he's spoken about feeling like he can win the tournament. Are you buying that he has a legitimate chance to win? And what would qualify as a good week?

Anyone who can finish a PGA event in the top 10 has a chance, so sure he has a chance, but so do dozens of other guys.  And that's golf;  unless you are Tiger from 15 years ago, the odds are very long against any one guy. 

2 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Anyone who can finish a PGA event in the top 10 has a chance, so sure he has a chance, but so do dozens of other guys.  And that's golf;  unless you are Tiger from 15 years ago, the odds are very long against any one guy. 

He knows Augusta well and has a very good track record there with the 4 wins and 8 top six finishes beyond that. I wouldn't sell him short. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He knows Augusta well and has a very good track record there with the 4 wins and 8 top six finishes beyond that. I wouldn't sell him short. 

Certainly not, especially if he sorts out his driver.  The rest of his game seems pretty sharp.  Would be great to have him in the mix on the weekend.

If you EVER have a CHANCE to walk the grounds of Augusta National, you have to find a way to make it happen. Amazing! A practice round might even be better than a final Sunday if you have fewer people and can focus more on the grounds and less on the golf. 

You can’t grasp the changes in elevation unless you walked it. TV doesn’t do it justice. Magnificent. 

http://www.masters.com/en_US/news/articles/2018-04-03/2018-04-03_thursday_featured_groups_announced.html

Thursday Featured Groups Announced

Tuesday, April 03, 2018

Masters digital platforms will stream a Featured Groups channel. This offering, which will begin approximately five minutes before the first tee time, will provide 18-hole, spotlight coverage of two select groupings during both morning and afternoon play.

Thursday, April 5

• 10:09 a.m. – Hideki Matsuyama, Patton Kizzire, Paul Casey
  • 10:42 a.m. – Tiger Woods, Marc Leishman, Tommy Fleetwood
  • 1:38 p.m. – Adam Scott, Rory McIlroy, Jon Rahm
  • 2:00 p.m. – Justin Rose, Dustin Johnson, Rafael Cabrera Bello

21 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

:lol:

You can expect "bababooey" and "hit 'em with the hein" to be on that list as well.  Which sucks.  The Augusta National membership are asshats.

I randomly went on the Masters site yesterday afternoon and watched the threesome of Nicklaus, Player, and Watson finish out the par-3 contest...Watson won it and Nicklaus finished in a tie for 4th.  Incredible.  But the best part, and literally one of the coolest things I've ever witnessed in golf, was when Jack's caddy, his grandson who is 15 and plays H.S. golf, hit a hole in one on the 9th.  The sheer joy on Jack's face, and watching the reactions of Player and Watson, was priceless.

1 hour ago, eball said:

I randomly went on the Masters site yesterday afternoon and watched the threesome of Nicklaus, Player, and Watson finish out the par-3 contest...Watson won it and Nicklaus finished in a tie for 4th.  Incredible.  But the best part, and literally one of the coolest things I've ever witnessed in golf, was when Jack's caddy, his grandson who is 15 and plays H.S. golf, hit a hole in one on the 9th.  The sheer joy on Jack's face, and watching the reactions of Player and Watson, was priceless.

Yeah, saw that on TSN. That was pretty cool. 

I know I am in the minority, and I mean a real small minority, who cant stand Jack Nicklaus. He always sneaks in what a great golfer/architect/person he is..always about him.

This tweet drives me nuts..my 6 Green Jackets..how bout just saying what a special moment it was for you..and make it about your grandson and NOT you.

49 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I know I am in the minority, and I mean a real small minority, who cant stand Jack Nicklaus. He always sneaks in what a great golfer/architect/person he is..always about him.

Nobody really liked Jack, he was despised for his first decade in the public eye.

His work with restricted golf courses ticked off a lot of people in my life, to this day still.

Friday, April 6

• 9:14 a.m. – Fred Couples, Haotong Li, Joaquin Niemann
  • 10:31 a.m. – Phil Mickelson, Rickie Fowler, Matt Kuchar
  • 1:27 p.m. – Tiger Woods, Marc Leishman, Tommy Fleetwood
  • 2:00 p.m. – Patrick Reed, Charley Hoffman, Adam Hadwin

13 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

This tweet drives me nuts..my 6 Green Jackets..how bout just saying what a special moment it was for you..and make it about your grandson and NOT you.

I hear you, I really do.  But think about it -- the man can't go anywhere -- particularly the Masters -- without everyone having their noses six inches up his behind.  What would that do to you?  To me?  We'll never know.  I know that witnessing it live, his reaction was pure joy.  It wasn't about him, he was crying...

On 4/4/2018 at 6:18 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Wow!

Did anybody see what this guy's deal is?  Does that happen all the time to him.  He seemed to know what to do and wasn't too bothered by it...............And, then goes out today and shoots -4! 

26 minutes ago, bbb said:

Did anybody see what this guy's deal is?  Does that happen all the time to him.  He seemed to know what to do and wasn't too bothered by it...............And, then goes out today and shoots -4! 

He said it had never happened before.