Do not Root for the Patriots Ever!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why I'm rooting against the Patriots (in no particular order):

1) ungrateful, obnoxious fan base: living in Boston for 14 years, one thing that got old real fast was the pink hat fan base (basically another way of saying bandwagon fans). This is absolutely true. They are all good people and most of my friends are Pats fans, but when it comes to the Patriots their DNA alters and they become blind to anything approaching rational thought. Prior to Bledsoe and even Brady, the Patriots were a distant third and maybe even behind the loyal and dedicated Bruins fans for most followed team.

2) cheating suspicion: perhaps the biggest consequence of cheating is that your future successes will always be questioned, not just your past ones. This is where I come out on the deflated balls. It's just too plausible that they did this purposely. It's also plausible that there is a ton of things that they've done that they haven't been caught doing. In the end, I can't trust this franchise and won't give them the benefit of the doubt.

3) luck and jealousy: let's face it, the pats got incredibly lucky with both Brady and Belicheat. Good for them, which leads me to my next point, their success has made me jealous (to a degree because having that success with the cloud of suspicion that hangs over it isn't as enviable of a position).

4) AFC East beat downs: the fact that the Pats are in the AFC east has been the biggest contributor to the Bills playoff drought. If they've taken questionable liberties with the rules and that contributed, all the more reason to root against them.

I'm rooting hard for the Patriots so the jealous hometown excuse-makers will be further enraged. To all those sniveling cry babies who are so consumed by this trivial issue and blowing it out of proportion you need to concentrate your energies on uplifting a mediocre franchise instead of denigrating the most successful franchise over the past generation.

It is pathetic and embarrassing when losers make excuses for why they lose and why others win. When all is said and done many of the frenzied posters with their what ifs postulations(including Kelly the Dog) need to apologize to alphadog because not only has he been right on this issue but also because he has been the most mature on this issue.

Couldn't agree more.

Wouldn't it make it that much more sweet if we knocked off the SB champs twice next year then eliminated them at home in a playoff game? Ok, so the kool-aid is in hand but the bottom line is Rex, the Bills and fans will be that much more motivated next year if the Pats are the champs vs. SB losers...so much more at stake and our chance to get respect from around the league.

If the Pats win it will be very disappointing. One solace is that the Pats do not usually do well against a good defence, example the Giants in the 2008 Superbowl. They were also pushed around by the Packers at Lambeau. I don't like the Seahawks but i hate the Pats even worse and for the sake of Spygate and Deflategate I hope the Pats lose this one badly.

Edited by Profitspro

Why I'm rooting against the Patriots (in no particular order):

1) ungrateful, obnoxious fan base: living in Boston for 14 years, one thing that got old real fast was the pink hat fan base (basically another way of saying bandwagon fans). This is absolutely true. They are all good people and most of my friends are Pats fans, but when it comes to the Patriots their DNA alters and they become blind to anything approaching rational thought. Prior to Bledsoe and even Brady, the Patriots were a distant third and maybe even behind the loyal and dedicated Bruins fans for most followed team.

2) cheating suspicion: perhaps the biggest consequence of cheating is that your future successes will always be questioned, not just your past ones. This is where I come out on the deflated balls. It's just too plausible that they did this purposely. It's also plausible that there is a ton of things that they've done that they haven't been caught doing. In the end, I can't trust this franchise and won't give them the benefit of the doubt.

3) luck and jealousy: let's face it, the pats got incredibly lucky with both Brady and Belicheat. Good for them, which leads me to my next point, their success has made me jealous (to a degree because having that success with the cloud of suspicion that hangs over it isn't as enviable of a position).

4) AFC East beat downs: the fact that the Pats are in the AFC east has been the biggest contributor to the Bills playoff drought. If they've taken questionable liberties with the rules and that contributed, all the more reason to root against them.

You missed

5)Favored by the nfl. Hence the no calls, or fake pi calls. Any team can win if you get ref help.

Couldn't agree more.

Couldnt agree more?

The guy is rooting hard for the pats.

You're rooting harder?

Wow. I wont ask the obvious question. But damn.

Couldnt agree more?

You're rooting harder?

He can't be rooting harder for the Pats than I am because I'm at the maximum level. By the way what is the obvious question?

You missed

5)Favored by the nfl. Hence the no calls, or fake pi calls. Any team can win if you get ref help.

Couldnt agree more?

You're rooting harder?

I'm rooting for the Pats so we can put to rest this loser, homer mentality (which I know it won't do anyway). The fact that half the front page of The Stadium Wall (a Bills website, in case you forgot) is littered with pathetic threads about the Parriots "cheating" is, well, pathetic.

My favorite is "how many Super bowls have the Pats won since Spygate? 0! Hahaha!" Wait, how many Superbowls have the Bills won? And how many Bills playoff appearances since the Pats have been to 6 SBs?

If you read the article, you will see the Magary completely belittles the whole deflate gate story as idiotic, citing it as a perfect example of manufacturing a scandal out of nothing. Here's the required recipe:

"A gap in the news cycle.

A worthy target; someone people already dislike. (Like Don Imus! Remember the Imus thing? That happened because F Don Imus.)

The lingering presumption that the target has done SOMETHING wrong at some point in life, so you may as well nail them for this.

A story with a great deal of unknowable information in it… holes that I can fill using MY IMAGINATION.

Sex and/or racism and/or and/or violence and/or balls."

Exactly - he belittles deflategate because it's a joke. The fact that most Bills fans on this board have got their panties in a wad about it is embarassing.

I'm rooting for the Pats so we can put to rest this loser, homer mentality (which I know it won't do anyway). The fact that half the front page of The Stadium Wall (a Bills website, in case you forgot) is littered with pathetic threads about the Parriots "cheating" is, well, pathetic.

My favorite is "how many Super bowls have the Pats won since Spygate? 0! Hahaha!" Wait, how many Superbowls have the Bills won? And how many Bills playoff appearances since the Pats have been to 6 SBs?

So, I come up here out of the basement that is known as PPP to read a few threads and I find out that proclaimed Bills fans are rooting for the Number One Cheats* of all time? A team that makes the Black Sox look like choirboys. They are the equivalent of a guy that nails the prom queen with the help of a date rape drug and then not only brags about it, but is encouraged to do it again by the likes of you. How anybody who represents themselves as a Bills fan could root for the John Milton created team of Kraft, Belicheat, Brady, Wilfork and Bianca is a mystery. You and your ilk are likened to a Kevin Lomax that actually succombed to Christabella. You have crossed the traffic spikes on a one-way street. There is no turning back. Enjoy your life as a pillar of salt as I return to PPP to once again feel clean.