Polian's Failure

jahbonas

Polians greatest failure in my opinion was not signing Reggie White when he was available, How often do u have a chance to pair the 2 greatest Defensive Ends in history. This would have been devastating for opposing Offenses. Reggie & Bruce both playing on there natural sides. Reggie played left end & Bruce played right end so they wouldn't had to adjust. This non move cost us anywhere from 3-4 Superbowls. We would have been the greatest team in history. Ralph & Bill dropped the ball on this, especially considering that Reggie mentioned Buffalo as a possible destination he would like to play at.

Edited by NastyNateSoldiers

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Polians greatest failure in my opinion was not signing Reggie White when he was available, How often do u have a chance to pair the 2 greatest Defensive Ends in history. This would have been devastating for opposing Offenses. Reggie & Bruce both playing on there natural sides. Reggie played left end & Bruce played right end so they wouldn't had to adjust. This non move cost us anywhere from 3-4 Superbowls. We would have been the greatest team in history. Ralph & Bill dropped the ball on this, especially considering that Reggie mentioned Buffalo as a possible destination he would like to play at.

I doubt the old salary cap levels would have allowed this option to survive for long or if it did then simply subtract the Bills ever signing a few of the high quality players (Bennett/Paup/etc) or have any ST depth).

Remember when the Bills had the lead at halftime against the Cowboys? Then they gave the ball to Emmitt Smith. Nobody could tackle him. Especially Jeff Wright the undersized nose tackle.

Edited by bmur66

Ah yes 1988. Smerlas blocks last second field goal by the jests.

Buffalo wins first division title in years 9-6. Goal posts come down. remember it like yesterday. Most Jests fans cannot remember that game for some reason.

I was at that game. Indelible memory seeing that giant Smerlas paw emerge from the line to block a chip shot!

Remember when the Bills had the lead at halftime against the Cowboys? Then they gave the ball to Emmitt Smith. Nobody could tackle him. Especially Jeff Wright the undersized nose tackle.

and a million turnovers, Kelly going out (prob should not have played) in the 2nd quarter. Too much to ask Reich.

I doubt the old salary cap levels would have allowed this option to survive for long or if it did then simply subtract the Bills ever signing a few of the high quality players (Bennett/Paup/etc) or have any ST depth).

Bills didn't have cap problems till 99, They had the money to sign Reggie and they still could of signed Ted Washington and Puap I don't remember any of them breaking the bank

Besides were talking bout Reggie White, who cares if we would have to cut someone down the line the point is adding Reggie to our D would have helped win against the Cowboys in both Super bowls and could have helped propel to even more after that.

Edited by NastyNateSoldiers

Wow, this is the first I'm hearing about those SB losses and I'm riled up and ready to hold all accountable. I must have missed this while watching Pete Sampras and Steffi Graf win Wimbledon.

In January? No wonder everyone was looking for them in June.

My biggest problem during those years is that Steve Tasker wasn't used as a slot WR more. I think we would have been the Welker of his time.

A lot of jokes in this thread, but this is true. The few times Tasker played WR he had a lot of potential

'88-'99 ain't 5-6 years...but you're a Jets fan, so we understand.

The rest of the planet earth would graciously give you 89-94. But since it's such a limited percentage of your total existence I think we will let you guys have those extra years. It would be like playing basketball with a retard and calling them Out for double dribble. It's just not right.

Add in 1988 AFC EAST Champs and 1989 playoff appearence

by the way - NY Jets 23rd in that decade

For all of Planet earth to see

NFL : Regular season wins in the 1990's

Years Years

in in

Franchise Bowl Playoffs W L T

San Francisco 49ers 1 8 113 47 0

Buffalo Bills 4 8 103 57 0

Dallas Cowboys 3 8 101 59 0

Kansas City Chiefs 0 7 101 59 0

Miami Dolphins 0 7 95 65 0

Add in 1988 AFC EAST Champs and 1989 playoff appearenceby the way - NY Jets 23rd in that decadeFor all of Planet earth to seeNFL : Regular season wins in the 1990's                       Years    Years                         in      inFranchise              Bowl   Playoffs   W     L     T San Francisco 49ers      1        8     113    47     0Buffalo Bills            4        8     103    57     0Dallas Cowboys           3        8     101    59     0Kansas City Chiefs       0        7     101    59     0Miami Dolphins           0        7      95    65     0

This proves Polian sucked.

Didn't want to start a new thread, but have a theory: Polian gets elected to hall this weekend and then announces he's joining the bills. We're still looking for a czar and it's far from the lift he might of thought it to be post Dougie. The franchise seemed hot to hire someone for this role and we haven't heard much since Polian "turned them down." I'm probably wrong, but seems Infinitily plausible that he didn't want to jeopardize getting elected.

Didn't want to start a new thread, but have a theory: Polian gets elected to hall this weekend and then announces he's joining the bills. We're still looking for a czar and it's far from the lift he might of thought it to be post Dougie. The franchise seemed hot to hire someone for this role and we haven't heard much since Polian "turned them down." I'm probably wrong, but seems Infinitily plausible that he didn't want to jeopardize getting elected.

As soon as they hired Rex I had the same thought. That is 75% of the load Polian was refering to. Problem now is can he co-exist with Rex.