Hackett learns lot from St. Doug - How to opt out/Join Jax

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hackett seems like a good guy but he just doesn't have enough experience to coach where there's an underdeveloped QB. A young guy learning to be a coach should never be paired up with a young guy learning to be an NFL QB.

Bortles falls in that category. He didn't develop this year to the point where it seems they need to start all over with the fundamentals.

Anyone else wonder if Marrone will accidentally sabotage the OL which will shut down the offense so the team goes winless, Gus is fired mid-season, he takes over as interim HC, "changes the culture" by signing St. Orton for the last 8 games, goes 4-4 to end the season, and is a top HC candidate in 2015 because St. Doug just pulled off another miracle by winning in buffalo AND Jacksonville.

Edited by YoloinOhio

If he claims Marrone held him back, then why would he go back to work with him? Sounds like career suicide to me.

I haven't heard or read any such claims coming from Hackett himself, have you?

I've read speculation, and FredEx was quoted as saying there was innovative stuff Hackett drew up that somehow never made it into the game plan

Anyone else wonder if Marrone will accidentally sabotage the OL which will shut down the offense so the team goes winless, Gus is fired mid-season, he takes over as interim HC, "changes the culture" by signing St. Orton for the last 8 games, goes 4-4 to end the season, and is a top HC candidate in 2015 because St. Doug just pulled off another miracle by winning in buffalo AND Jacksonville.

I can't imagine Orton wants to play for him. And if he sabotages the OL he will look as bad as Bradley.

sounds to me like there's something here we don't know.....why would someone voluntarily pull out of an OC gig at STL to take a non-lateral opportunity with Dougie Fresh @ JAX ??

He didn't have the Rams gig, he was going for a second interview after they found out yesterday that Chudinski was going to remain with the Colts. It's not like he was promised the gig. I assume he thought he wasn't going to get it but don't know that.

He didn't have the Rams gig, he was going for a second interview after they found out yesterday that Chudinski was going to remain with the Colts. It's not like he was promised the gig. I assume he thought he wasn't going to get it but don't know that.

St. Dougie is giving him advice. Canceling his Broncos interview worked out beautifully; now he is the "front runner" for 2016 Time's Man of the Year. Hackett followed suit.

Let see if I've understood the situation: The Bills had a decent team in '14, with the exception of the OL, which declined rapidly in the two years Marrone oversaw it; and the QB which made zero progress in two years under Hackett. So Jacksonville hires those two jabones to run the OL and to coach the QBs? Ah, yeah, well, okay.

Well, he isn't working for Marrone...perhaps he is just staying close to St Doug, assuming he gets a HC job next year. As a pride thing, I am not surprised he isn't staying in Buffalo, though I think it was classy of the Bills to make a pitch for him, as with Peppers.

Well, he isn't working for Marrone...perhaps he is just staying close to St Doug, assuming he gets a HC job next year. As a pride thing, I am not surprised he isn't staying in Buffalo, though I think it was classy of the Bills to make a pitch for him, as with Peppers.

Yes your right he's not working for him but he is stalking him. :oops::oops: