Blount asked if he orchestrated Steelers release

Based on his response when asked, I'd say it does have legs, but as mentioned above, it'll never be proven. But it's not that hard to fathom his agent saying look, I know you want out of here, you throw a public display of attitude (walking out before the game ends), and I'll drop some hints around the league not to claim him on waivers, and we will be all set.

If it had no legs why not just come out and say " no, this is absolutely ridiculous, when I was with the Steelers they were everything I played for, and I'd never have an arrangement waiting with another team. A little smile, and then a " I don't know nothing" seems pretty damn fishy

Even if his agent did advise him in that way, there's nothing to suggest that the pats "orchestrated" a week 11 cutting of Blount. They would have done it 4 or 5 weeks earlier, when they needed him.

As for his reply to the press regarding this question, I have no doubt that he is just trying to stick it to the hapless Steelers for never really playing him. So he's playing this for all it's worth.

As Big Cat says....no legs.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if his agent did advise him in that way, there's nothing to suggest that the pats "orchestrated" a week 11 cutting of Blount. They would have done it 4 or 5 weeks earlier, when they needed him.

As for his reply to the press regarding this question, I have no doubt that he is just trying to stick it to the hapless Steelers for never really playing him. So he's playing this for all it's worth.

Unless the NFL wants to play hard ball and subpoena Blount's text messages.

Remember Gary Anderson, when he deliberately missed field goals for the Bills in the 1982 pre-season because he did not want to play for them?

Yeah, and man was that guy blackballed. He never played in the league again and...was...

Umm, never mind.

You seem to like to give people the benefit of the doubt. He knew what his role would be when he signed the contract. And you're going to honestly say with a straight face that it's not fishy that the *pats* didn't want to pay him FA money but were waiting with open arms when he was released and EVERY OTHER NFL team sat by and said nah we don't need a decent running back?

I just don't buy it.

Unless the NFL wants to play hard ball and subpoena Blount's text messages.

How would they go about that? They have no probable cause. His Cheshire Cat routine this week and a media feeding frenzy isn't grounds for granting an invasion of his privacy.

You seem to like to give people the benefit of the doubt. He knew what his role would be when he signed the contract. And you're going to honestly say with a straight face that it's not fishy that the *pats* didn't want to pay him FA money but were waiting with open arms when he was released and EVERY OTHER NFL team sat by and said nah we don't need a decent running back?

I just don't buy it.

I would give this story (which is old news regurgitated for this week) the benefit of the doubt if he arrived on NE's doorstep the week after Ridley went down.

It was clear early on that Tomlin wasn't enamored with Blount. He was happy ro get rid of him. Based on how little Tomlin used him all season, there is no reason to believe Blount was "tanking".

No one else claimed him. They could have. They didn't. If, after he walked out on the Steelers and was fired for that, he told his agent he wanted to go back to NE only, so what?

How would they go about that? They have no probable cause. His Cheshire Cat routine this week and a media feeding frenzy isn't grounds for granting an invasion of his privacy.

I would give this story (which is old news regurgitated for this week) the benefit of the doubt if he arrived on NE's doorstep the week after Ridley went down.

It was clear early on that Tomlin wasn't enamored with Blount. He was happy ro get rid of him. Based on how little Tomlin used him all season, there is no reason to believe Blount was "tanking".

No one else claimed him. They could have. They didn't. If, after he walked out on the Steelers and was fired for that, he told his agent he wanted to go back to NE only, so what?

If someone decides to press tampering charges against Pats*, it could conceivably get that far if he refuses to provide the information voluntarily and NFL pursues a civil action.

If someone decides to press tampering charges against Pats*, it could conceivably get that far if he refuses to provide the information voluntarily and NFL pursues a civil action.

An NFL investigation into tampering has no subpeona power (see "Deflategate"). In fact the NFL has no such power for any of its investigations.

Has their ever been any tampering case in NFL history where it ended up in civil court? Has any NFL investigation ended up in civil court?

An NFL investigation into tampering has no subpeona power (see "Deflategate"). In fact the NFL has no such power for any of its investigations.

Has their ever been any tampering case in NFL history where it ended up in civil court? Has any NFL investigation ended up in civil court?

You must not support the Pats in their tampering case against the Jets then huh?

It hasn't, because the offending team usually relents to the league, without the need for the league to go further. But if a franchise stonewalls and the league feels there's enough dirt to follow up, a civil case is a near certainty.

It hasn't, because the offending team usually relents to the league, without the need for the league to go further. But if a franchise stonewalls and the league feels there's enough dirt to follow up, a civil case is a near certainty.

It would be unprecedented. Every case of potential tampering has been settled without anyone ever asking for phone text messages (which no one would ever voluntaruly give). Everyone would "cooperate" as much as they have in the past for such things. Even bountygate and spygate resulted in no civil action byt the NFL. This case would be no different.

Woody Johnson blatantly recently tampered with Revis and the NFL hasn't done anything. There is no reason to believe they would go after Blount/NE months after this was nearly a story in the fall. Nor have they looked into Marrone's possible tampering by the Jets.

Unless the Steelers make a complaint (out of embarrassment, I doubt they will), this goes nowhere.

Unless the Steelers make a complaint (out of embarrassment, I doubt they will), this goes nowhere.

That's why I said, if somebody wants to pursue it, the NFL would eventually get the info it needs.

Right now, it's just another shot in a long line of Pats* dirty pool tactics.

That's why I said, if somebody wants to pursue it, the NFL would eventually get the info it needs.

Right now, it's just another shot in a long line of Pats* dirty pool tactics.

I t would get the info it needs the way it always does, without a subpeona. They would find no evidence of tampering, I would guess.

I'm not at all saying the pats* orchestrated it, I'm saying that there more than likely was a wink nod arrangement that oops hey if you just happen to want out of Pittsburgh, we'd gladly welcome you back in a heartbeat, sooooo yeah, just letting you know...

As is always the case in similar situations, it's never one big event, but a culmination of little things that add up.

It's starting to turn on the Pats* and there's way too much noise surrounding that franchise and so much league & media scrutiny that someone is bound to crack the veil of secrecy.

After all, when you have LeGarrette Blounts responsible for state secrets, they will eventually come out.

As soon as the Seminoles and Tally PD (and the State's Attorney's Office) get disciplined for the actual crimes they committed, then we should turn our attention to the NFL rule breaking committed by the Patsies.

Edited by Garranimal

As soon as the Seminoles and Tally PD (and the State's Attorney's Office) get disciplined for the actual crimes they committed, then we should turn our attention to the NFL rule breaking committed by the Patsies.

Or we could talk about a football issue on a football board

:wallbash: