FA QB option: Matt Moore

YoloinOhio

I think Moore is worth exploring in FA. He currently doesn't have a chance to start in Miami as Tannehill doesn't miss games, even when hurt. He's making 4mill/yr because he's valuable to the Fish and is a former starter. He knows the division well. At the very least I think he could be good vet backup, similar to Orton. Thoughts?

@DolfansNYC: Dolphins free-agent profile: QB Matt Moore http://t.co/aOyEdrbcbq#Dolphins

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of all the just plain free agents, he's easily my choice. We could do a lot worse, and often have. Get him in, go after a big trade or bigger guy you probably aren't going to get, and if you don't, let him battle it out with EJ. If EJ beats him out, we may have something. If EJ cant, then that says something too. He can run a ball control game and then get it down field to Watkins and Woods and hopefully a TE.

Of all the just plain free agents, he's easily my choice. We could do a lot worse, and often have. Get him in, go after a big trade or bigger guy you probably aren't going to get, and if you don't, let him battle it out with EJ. If EJ beats him out, we may have something. If EJ cant, then that says something too. He can run a ball control game and then get it down field to Watkins and Woods and hopefully a TE.

At least I've moved on from Sanchez :) I just can't see Rex going there.

I think Moore is worth exploring in FA. He currently doesn't have a chance to start in Miami as Tannehill doesn't miss games, even when hurt. He's making 4mill/yr because he's valuable to the Fish and is a former starter. He knows the division well. At the very least I think he could be good vet backup, similar to Orton. Thoughts?

@DolfansNYC: Dolphins free-agent profile: QB Matt Moore http://t.co/aOyEdrbcbq#Dolphins

might as well but I thought you wanted Johnny Football :devil:

I just hope the decision is impacted more by Roman/Lee than Rex

I assume he would have a big say in the decision. I just think he wouldn't want to hitch his wagon to Sanchez again. New team, clean slate, etc.

might as well but I thought you wanted Johnny Football :devil:

he can start on my Flip Cup team any day

Curious as to why... He apparently wants a chance to compete for a starting job somewhere

He's been in Miami for a while. He has a whole life there. Not sure how long his career has left, just strikes me as a guy who is comfortable. You may be right about wanting an opportunity to start though

Agreed. He's long been on my list of good signings that wouldn't be THE answer but sets a nice floor if things don't work out with plan A

This. Nicely stated, fellas.

He's been in Miami for a while. He has a whole life there. Not sure how long his career has left, just strikes me as a guy who is comfortable. You may be right about wanting an opportunity to start though

all that could be true but in the link I posted, it says he will likely explore options as he wants to have an opportunity to start. Also, he's only 30. And I read that the fish probably can't afford to play the backup QB that much and will look for a cheaper backup since Tannehill is so durable. Edited by YoloinOhio

all that could be true but in the link I posted, it says he will likely explore options as he wants to have an opportunity to start. Also, he's only 30. And I read that the fish probably can't afford to play the backup QB that much and will look for a cheaper backup since Tannehill is so durable.

It frames it as "my impression from talking to him is" not "he told me he wants"

He is on my short list of FAs. I think Moore in FA and draft a QB in the middle rounds and EJ. And, see what those 3 can do. Trading for Bradford or Foles would be a better option. But, Moore would be possibly our best plan B option.