I hate Marshawn Lynch

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's more like a big FU to the NFL and if we acted like at out job we would be out the door.

Au contraire, Barbarian, I don't know about your profession but mine has its share of folks who are well known to be absolute jacka** dou**eballs. But they succeed and/or deliver and thus are tolerated or even rewarded, despite behavior that would get ordinary folks sh*tcanned.

What you're asking for is ridiculous. I've found plenty of the post-game stuff that Fred and Kyle say interesting. Sorry if I don't have specific lines about a specific game. You may think all that dumb drama and controversy is the only interesting content players give, but I much prefer when they talk about football.

Again, you are saying that it is interesting but literally can't remember any of it. I love those guys but I could probably give almost the same answers as them depending on what I saw in the game. It isn't just them but pretty much all players. It is just a bunch of clichés and canned lines. Here is a sample postgame from a game that a team lost in the last 2 minutes to a bad team on the road, "We fought hard for 58 minutes out there but we just couldn't close the deal. We need to take better care of the football. It's hard to win in this league when you lose the turnover battle. That's a good team over there. They have 53 guys getting paid to play this game just like we do. It is never easy to win in this league, especially on the road. They just wanted it more than us out there and took advantage of our mistakes. It hurts right now but we've got a game next week and a chance to redeem ourselves. We need to start shifting our focus to next week."

Original content is the only time that it is ever interesting. Part of the reason this Pats stuff is so interesting is because they are being forced out of their little comfort zone. Listening to Belicheck give scientific reasoning for the deflated balls was interesting. Listening to ____ player talk about how good Seattle's secondary is, is not.

I am 100% with Yolo and C Biscuit on the subject. The guy clearly has anxiety issues and it is not doing anyone any good to jam a microphone in his face. They should just leave him alone. If this were a regular workplace and he were being harassed by his employer to do something that contributed in a negative way to his well being he would be able to sue. The garbage NFLPA doesn't protect him in this case. Instead of being able to sue he is actually punished if he doesn't put himself in this uncomfortable situation. Can't they just let the guy be?

if he went and got a doctors note, i wonder if it would change.

I could use Fred Jackson's whole interview from last year when he was asked about his age as an example. I found it extremely interesting that he thinks he'll still be able to produce for 3-4 more years in the league. And I don't think he would have said that unless he really believed it.

I totally agree and that would fall under the original content. When they have something to say I am all for hearing it. I just don't need them to be forced to address the media if they have nothing to say.Richard Sherman is maybe the best example of this. He is arrogant but also extremely intelligent. He is someone that I love to hear from.

if he went and got a doctors note, i wonder if it would change.

I would think that Hipaa laws would come into play?

I totally agree and that would fall under the original content. When they have something to say I am all for hearing it. I just don't need them to be forced to address the media if they have nothing to say.Richard Sherman is maybe the best example of this. He is arrogant but also extremely intelligent. He is someone that I love to hear from.

I would think that Hipaa laws would come into play?

Where did the "extremely intelligent," story come from? I see it bandied about all the time.

He has at least a Bachelor's Degree in Communication from Stanford and went back for his Masters as of the beginning of 2013.

Sherman received an athletic scholarship to attend Stanford University, where he played for the Stanford Cardinal football team from 2006 to 2010. He began his career at Stanford as a wide receiver and led the Cardinal in receiving as a freshman in 2006 while being named a Freshman All-American. He caught 47 passes over the next two years before suffering a season-ending knee injury after playing in the first four games in 2008. He switched to cornerback after his injury due to team need and made 112 tackles over his final two years, with 6 interceptions. He was part of the 2010 Stanford Cardinal team that finished 12-1, a school record.[2]

Sherman was a member Phi Beta Sigma fraternity and graduated from Stanford University in 2010 with an undergraduate degree in communications.[citation needed]

He returned for his final year of eligibility in order to begin a master's degree.[

Au contraire, Barbarian, I don't know about your profession but mine has its share of folks who are well known to be absolute jacka** dou**eballs. But they succeed and/or deliver and thus are tolerated or even rewarded, despite behavior that would get ordinary folks sh*tcanned.

I second this. Not every job is the same. There are plenty of prima donnas in my line of work and as long as they make money, no one cares. The world ain't fair, so what?

I believe he has a Masters Degree in Communication from an Ivy League School. It came up when people were calling him a thug after that crazy postgame interview he game after last year's bowl.

He completed a years worth of work on his Masters Degree in his final year of college eligibility at Stanford. He is very intelligent - and can also be obnoxious - IMO. I find what he has to say very interesting and often meaningful, except for when he publically belittles other people. To me, that part is classless. Edited by YoloinOhio

He completed a years worth of work on his Masters Degree in his final year of college eligibility at Stanford. He is very intelligent - and can also be obnoxious - IMO. I find what he has to say very interesting and often meaningful, except for when he publically belittles other people. To me, that part is classless.

I certainly have a lot more respect for him than I do Lynch. Lynch is just.... dumb. I thought that even back when he was with the Bills because of his interviews.

Sorry if this has been covered but I don't want to take the time to go through 12 pages: I just think it is ridiculous that the players should be forced to do interviews like the dumbass press is entitled to anything. Players get paid to play, not talk to dipshyt reporters who generally ask stupid questions and only look to create controversies. If you are going to force players to talk to anyone you should require them to do charity work like visiting local childrens hospitals, or Boys and Girls Clubs, or things like that. Screw the media.

He completed a years worth of work on his Masters Degree in his final year of college eligibility at Stanford. He is very intelligent - and can also be obnoxious - IMO. I find what he has to say very interesting and often meaningful, except for when he publically belittles other people. To me, that part is classless.

I agree with this. Apparently there is more to the Crabtree story though (if his brother is a good source): http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24414782/report-michael-crabree-tried-to-fight-richard-sherman-at-charity-event