Chris Palmer joining the Bills

Reed83HOF

Interesting hire...he appears to be a QB guru:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000319371/article/zach-mettenberger-to-begin-throwing-by-next-week-trainer-says

"In a couple of weeks, Mettenberger will head to Test Football Academy in Martinsville, N.J., to train with former NFL coach Chris Palmer."

Maybe Tennessee is looking to pick up a QB and we're making a play for Mettenberger. ;)

Pat Morris is not a bad O-Line coach. I was listening to Joe Buscaglia talk on WGR one day and he made a good point. What is Doug Marrone "known" for? o-line coaching. Every time we've seen Doug Marrone coaching the Bills we would see and watch him be hands one with the line. Every time. Are you going to tell me that that wouldn't demean Pat Morris? It certainly would, and I agree with Joe B.

I realize its throw Marrone under the bus for everything wrong with the team in 2014, and give Schwartz the credit for everything right and a 9-7 finish.

After reading that Marrone didn't even know Jerry Hughes was benched for a time during a game I think most fans came to the understanding that St Doug wasn't involved in any aspect of the defensive side of the ball. I know in my own thinking that after watching Marrone out on the practice field in pre season "hands on" with the O line players doesn't mean he coached them at all past that.

In any event it wasn't Marrone coaching the O line, and it was Pat Morris. The two best players on that line from 2013 really, really regressed over the course of the season in Eric Wood, and Cordy Glenn. The entire offensive coaching staff was bad last year in my view.

I realize its throw Marrone under the bus for everything wrong with the team in 2014, and give Schwartz the credit for everything right and a 9-7 finish.

After reading that Marrone didn't even know Jerry Hughes was benched for a time during a game I think most fans came to the understanding that St Doug wasn't involved in any aspect of the defensive side of the ball. I know in my own thinking that after watching Marrone out on the practice field in pre season "hands on" with the O line players doesn't mean he coached them at all past that.

In any event it wasn't Marrone coaching the O line, and it was Pat Morris. The two best players on that line from 2013 really, really regressed over the course of the season in Eric Wood, and Cordy Glenn. The entire offensive coaching staff was bad last year in my view.

Agreed. And there is no way Morris was teaching techniques, philosophy or strategy without that being Marrone's own version of those.

This could be a similar situation to the Dallas offense with both a run game coordinator and a pass game coordinator.

I'm not overly thrilled with the QB coach David Lee considering how badly Geno played last season. So perhaps this hire was to ensure EJ gets better development.

Didn't the Bills hire a new O line coach? I see Pat Morris still listed on the Bills website. :sick:

I know David Lee gets bashed a lot......

Isnt he the QB coach that got credited with the improvement of Alex Smith? Maybe it needs to be the right KIND of QB

I have always considered the jets qbs to be rather....well....stupid

I have always thought EJ to be a smart QB with trust issues.

I know David Lee gets bashed a lot......

Isnt he the QB coach that got credited with the improvement of Alex Smith? Maybe it needs to be the right KIND of QB

I have always considered the jets qbs to be rather....well....stupid

I have always thought EJ to be a smart QB with trust issues.

Hey, Fitz was pretty smart and I didn't see much improvement after Lee went to work on his mechanics. The jury's out on him as far as I'm concerned (maybe Palmer as well)...