Richard Sherman blasts Goodell/Kraft relationship

YoloinOhio

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole point I was trying to make is that it doesn't matter how good you are, if you make yourself enough of a problem for WHATEVER reason you can get blackballed. What Lynch and Sherman are doing are arguably worse for the league's image than anything else people have been blackballed for before. They're coming right out and criticizing the league and how they run their business repeatedly. It's not impossible for it to get to a point that the league simply tells teams they better not sign them or else.

Dude, give it up. You sound like a fool.

Who even decides when to fire a commissioner? I can't believe he hasn't been yet.

the owners.

ironically, if all the coaches mess around with stuff like this, him playing "gotcha" might be more offensive to them than a lot of the things that fans find upsetting.

Who even decides when to fire a commissioner? I can't believe he hasn't been yet.

I'd imagine it would have to originate with the "compensation committee," of which the GQ article today mentioned Kraft, Ross and McNair are members. Since all three provided circle-the-wagons, out-of-touch responses with regards to Goodell in that piece, I'd say he's pretty safe. They are 32 individuals though, and no 32 folks agree on everything. The article mentioned Tom Benson of the Saints as one guy they believe isn't on the Goodell bandwagon.

Please. Kermit the Frog could run the NFL and have the same results.

Amen brother.

Blows my mind they still haven't canned him after all this crap. If the NFL is going to go down like the Titanic some day, it'd almost definitely be Roger doing the steering.

I think the whole "he makes them money and takes all the hits so they don't" might not be as solid as people think. As mentioned above, Kermit the freaking Frog could have run this league the last half dozen years and done the same job. You also have this stunning (for me at least) revelation in GQ:

From 2010 to 2013, the league's under-50 audience declined 10 percent; this season, The Walking Dead repeatedly trounced the NFL on Sunday night. In a recent Bloomberg Politics poll, fully half of Americans said they wouldn't let their sons play football (in similar polls, the numbers skewed even higher in left-leaning demographics), and only 17 percent said they believed the game will grow in popularity over the next twenty years.

I knew about the Walking Dead stuff and chalked it up to unusually crappy prime time football this year, but the loss of young viewership? The pessimism of the average fan? You can't make that crap up.

Edited by TheLynchTrain

Wow the Pats* will crush these guys

But it's OK... The Orcs had their day in the Hobbit before the good guys sent them packing

I think the Seahawks are going to crush the Pats...I thought so, even before the deflation of balls was known (my prediction late in the season)...it only makes me feel more confident...I hate both teams, mind you...but the one way to beat the Pats is to get a ****-ton of pressure on Brady...I think the Seahawks can do that...and I also think this scandal is going to be a huge distraction for the Pats. I realize, they are not normally a team that most would think would succumb to "distractions", but I think it is already un-raveling them to a degree...I hope I am right! :lol:

Edited by Buftex

The article mentioned Tom Benson of the Saints as one guy they believe isn't on the Goodell bandwagon.

you mean he didnt like several coaches and players being suspended in unprecedented fashion without access to evidence against them? weird.

this instance, as ive said a few times, if a lot of teams are on the edge with rules and instead of a "friendly reminder" roger went nuclear with a public shaming and large penalty, might be the type of thing that puts him out of favor with his employers. no one likes not knowing when their employee will embarrass them -- but we will see.