Sammy V Odell Beckham

JP's Voice

And again, how would ODB have looked on the Bills with the OC, EJ & KO throwing him balls? What about all the teams that passed on ODB and the fact many thought the Giants drafted him a little early too? Would ODB have caught the pass SW did vs. Detroit setting up the GW FG (or was he still injured). No one knows.

How many layers really do blossom after a bad rookie season (i.e. Ebron)? How many high draft picks who put up and ave a good rookie season regress (net of injuries)?

Could go on, but am convinced those unhappy with the trade are more upset that they can't debate who to pick 19th this year, vs. the production.

BTW I asked ages ago for someone to post the ESPN Insider article claiming it was a bad trade.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy with the reading comp problem is you, not me.

I was referring to you when I said "he." I meant that if you had actually been there and heard this first-hand rather than having heard it from someone who had a friend whose barber heard it there, that that it made it more likely that it was true.

Again, you need to read what people have been telling you. This came directly from Whaley's mouth. This wasn't second hand information, it was first. The second hand information are the articles (the magical links you keep requesting and then ignoring).

Straight from the mouth of Whaley, unless you want to call Kelly the Dog--a guy with over 30k posts on this board and a reputation for having reliable info--a liar:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/172744-doug-whaley-joined-la-bills-backers-to-watch-games-this-morning/

(post #15)

And, for Thurman's education, I know Kelly well and respect the hell out of him. We've watched games together for years. It's a 100% fact this was what Whaley said (not just to Kelly either).

Much more about people being desperate to hear what they want to hear and see what they want to see. The Chris Brown and Tim Graham articles absolutely don't prove this, they don't even say that they know for sure.

Like you, being linked and told repeatedly that Whaley said this and you are desperate not to hear or believe it. :lol: You're a riot.

Now I know you're just trolling.

You would honestly make that trade? You'd rather do that than either (a) sign a guy like Julius Thomas, Charles Clay, or Jermaine Gresham or (b) draft a guy like Maxx Williams or Clive Warford in the 2nd round?

That, IMO, is certifiable.

Certifiable is JTSP's specialty. The guy adds nothing to this board, and his several month long crusade against Sammy (which he doesn't even believe himself) is his version of wit.

This post is the book definition of duality.

You believe that Beckham is better than Sammy because the numbers say so, yet you also believe that Ebron is better than Chandler despite the overwhelming difference in their numbers (in Chandler's favor).

I don't think there's a discussion to be had with you on this topic...the logic you're applying just doesn't pass muster.

No I know that Beckham is better and its not only about numbers. Hes simply doing things on the field that Watkins isn't.

You don't even know what day of the week it is, let alone anything worthwhile about evaluating football talent. :lol:

yea mariota is what we need ! Bortles Carr Bridgewater and Manziel all fixed their new teams quickly huh ?

So full of fail, nice name calling though, guess you feel threatened as you dodge his questions for years.

Only one here who can't have a civilized conversation is you. Notice the ebb and flow between thurmal and rob who share similar beliefs ? Grow up joe.

Yeah I dont agree with what Thurman (and if your not lori I aplogize...i really thought you were lori) and Rob have to say.......but they state their case pretty well.....

JTSP....its comical relief

Again, you need to read what people have been telling you. This came directly from Whaley's mouth. This wasn't second hand information, it was first. The second hand information are the articles (the magical links you keep requesting and then ignoring).

And, for Thurman's education, I know Kelly well and respect the hell out of him. We've watched games together for years. It's a 100% fact this was what Whaley said (not just to Kelly either).

Like you, being linked and told repeatedly that Whaley said this and you are desperate not to hear or believe it. :lol: You're a riot.

Certifiable is JTSP's specialty. The guy adds nothing to this board, and his several month long crusade against Sammy (which he doesn't even believe himself) is his version of wit.

You don't even know what day of the week it is, let alone anything worthwhile about evaluating football talent. :lol:

Remember remember, Robert Woods "slow in pads and not physical" in November.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/171732-i-hate-to-be-a-downer-but-robert-woods/

Oh, and JTSP hated to be a downer.

Remember remember, Robert Woods "slow in pads and not physical" in November.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/171732-i-hate-to-be-a-downer-but-robert-woods/

Oh, and JTSP hated to be a downer.

:lol:

That's when I truly realized the depths of JTSP's trolling. Calling Woods not physical, when physicality is the man's calling card, should have JTSP branded an idiot for here to eternity in a football sense.

But, now he knows ODB is better. That should tell everyone that ODB is about to have a terrible sophomore slump, not because he isn't talented, but because JTSP couldn't predict the weather five minutes from now even if he was living in the Weather Channel's studios.

:lol:

That's when I truly realized the depths of JTSP's trolling. Calling Woods not physical, when physicality is the man's calling card, should have JTSP branded an idiot for here to eternity in a football sense.

But, now he knows ODB is better. That should tell everyone that ODB is about to have a terrible sophomore slump, not because he isn't talented, but because JTSP couldn't predict the weather five minutes from now even if he was living in the Weather Channel's studios.

I actually would like to know what makes ODB "better" then Sammy Watkins past this years stats......

Im not saying they shouldnt be taken into consideration....ODB did in fact have the better year......but does that constitute him being the better player?

- Sure was nice to have a coach that shelved him till he was completely heathy.....unlike Sammy who played through 3 separate issues

- Sure was nice to get all those balls thrown to him.....unlike Sammy who our OC couldnt seem to come up with ways to get the ball to him

- Sure was nice to have that super bowl QB throwing to him.....unlike....well you get the picture

The thing is I bear NO ill well against ODB......I hope he has a great career....he doesnt play in the AFC East or in the AFC period.....it really is a shame that we have fans that seem to truly HATE our players for no reason like JTSP

To me, Beckham "looks" like the better player. He's fluid and has that doesn't look like he's trying appearance, whereas Sammy is pumping those limps very fast. I think Watkins is very good - top 10 potential. I just rank Beckham's present and future a little higher - top 5. Also, the stats speak for themselves.

To me, Beckham "looks" like the better player. He's fluid and has that doesn't look like he's trying appearance, whereas Sammy is pumping those limps very fast. I think Watkins is very good - top 10 potential. I just rank Beckham's present and future a little higher - top 5. Also, the stats speak for themselves.

Thank you for that insightful analysis

Ok, who let their 5th grade kid get on the computer?

So beckham is faster? Definetly means he will have the better career. Just ask Tj Graham, Marquise Goodwin, and Ted ginn jr.

Their combine 40 times were the same. ODB isn't better because of a straight ahead speed advantage, he's better due to:

- hands

- route running

- yac

- versatility

- coming out of breaks

- not giving up on plays

- elusiveness

- vertical

- body control

- doesn't shy away from contact

- draws more attention away from the defense

Edited by JTSP

Their combine 40 times were the same. ODB isn't better because of a straight ahead speed advantage, he's better due to:

- hands

- route running

- versatility

- coming out of breaks

- not giving up on plays

- elusiveness

- vertical

- body control

Laughable. It's the exact opposite of the scouting consensus on both players. You are making stuff up as lack of top end speed, strength vs. press, and route running were the three biggest concerns about Beckham coming out. Why didn't OBJ have the unprecedented college career for a WR instead of Watkins?

GO BILLS!!!

Laughable. It's the exact opposite of the scouting consensus on both players. You are making stuff up as lack of top end speed, strength vs. press, and route running were the three biggest concerns about Beckham coming out. Why didn't OBJ have the unprecedented college career for a WR instead of Watkins?

GO BILLS!!!

Because he was the No. 2 WR on his college team?

Now I know you're just trolling.

You would honestly make that trade? You'd rather do that than either (a) sign a guy like Julius Thomas, Charles Clay, or Jermaine Gresham or (b) draft a guy like Maxx Williams or Clive Warford in the 2nd round?

That, IMO, is certifiable.

doing some more research on Ebron, Id definitely trade him for Watkins and our 2015 1st and 4th back.

He was doing things in college that Chandler clearly cannot. The leaping ability and one-handed catches speak for themselves, but I also note he's more physical and can hold his ground, unlike Chandler who plays too light and easily pushed around.

He'd be an instant upgrade at the position and really help us move the chains and give us the desperately needed red zone boost. Lions was a tough rotation to break into with Mega, Tate @ WR, and Pettigrew and Fauria @ TE. But that said he still managed to be the leading TE on the team, and his #'s weren't far off from Tony Gonzalez rookie season. Ebron + (for example) one of the top 15' WRs like Cooper, White or Parker beats Watkins + Chandler IMO .... and we get a 4th that could have value too

Edited by JTSP