Sammy V Odell Beckham

JP's Voice

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes its so eas y to determine this after one year

I'm not bothered by the fact that Odell had a better rookie season than Watkins. I'm not bothered that that Whaley traded a first round pick to move up a few spots. If Odell turns out to be a regular all-star then more power to him and the Giants. It's apparent our front office had a conviction that Watkins is a special talent and he is going to be a dynamic player for us. Anyone who watched the Bills last year saw a receiver who periodically flashed special game breaking abilities.

If Whaley upgrades the OL and upgrades the caliber of qbing where Watkins is more involved in the offense then the trade up makes sense for us. If Whaley doesn't take steps to upgrade the level of qbing and improve the passing game then the trade up was a wasted effort to add a dynamic player whose talents are under-utilized.

Is EJ the type of passer who can maximize the abilities of Watkins? (I have my doubts.) Or is another qb going to be brought in who is capable of improving the passing game and get the most out of our dynamic receiver? That's Whaley's challenge. If Whaley can't put this high octane receiver in a better position to succeed then Whaley made a bad decision with the trade up.

My prediction is that OBJ could see a sophomore slump.

I want to believe (oops, billieve) that too. It seems likely with Cruz coming back. Then again, I hope Sammy rockets to stardom in his second year, but I'm worried about offseason injuries and the QB situation.

Sammy is a great find, we've blown many draft choices in the past. Sammy is a winner and a great threat.

Comparing him to others is useless. Be glad we've got him. He'll be the best.

The past is past, we need positive attitudes for next year. Griping and complaining now is useless.

Sammy had a nice rookie year, and could definitely develop into a solid #1 receiver with the right QB. That said, IMO there is a legit chance Odelle Beckham could become the greatest wide receiver of all time. He's that good. It's simply unfair to compare Sammy to this guy.

Sammy had a nice rookie year, and could definitely develop into a solid #1 receiver with the right QB. That said, IMO there is a legit chance Odelle Beckham could become the greatest wide receiver of all time. He's that good. It's simply unfair to compare Sammy to this guy.

Your right.....one of them is smaller....missed 4 games due to injury.....and had better QB throwing him the ball....

oh

And he was also TARGETED more....meaning he was given MORE chances to make plays

You do remember what team this is, right? We probably outsmarted ourselves, like usual.

The Giants had Sammy over ODB. But, you know, same old Bils trading up for the best WR and offensive prospect in the draft. Outsmarting themselves with a great WR. Just imagine if there's a decent DB or LB at #19? The horror.

The Giants had Sammy over ODB. But, you know, same old Bils trading up for the best WR and offensive prospect in the draft. Outsmarting themselves with a great WR. Just imagine if there's a decent DB or LB at #19? The horror.

You know the interesting thing about all this is usually the complaints of not having the 19th pick revolve around not being able to draft that ever elusive QB....you know the one that WONT BE AVAILABLE AT 19.

Every need that we have (with the exception of QB) there are free agent veteran players that can fill those needs

OG

TE

RB (although I hope we draft one)

Free agents will be available.

You know what wont be available? A player of Sammy Watkins potential.

I applaud Doug Whaley and the job he has done.

I am so sick of NFL analysts grilling Whaley on the Sammy trade. Yeah Beckham had a phenomenal year with NYG but look who he had throwing him the ball! Eli got the ball to his playmaker. Orton and EJ could not do that regularly enough! I would love to see if Eli was throwing the ball to Sammy. I don't think that there would be any debate then!

If we got a gunslinger like Cutler, he would make a star out of Sammy and Woods. Yeah he would have some bad interceptions, but I think our defense would be able to recover. Get Sammy someone who can get him the ball so we can stop listening to idiots criticize the trade.

More Cutler talk. ...yea....

Both Beckham and Watkins got hurt over the summer. Coughlin put Beckham on the shelf until he was healthy. Marrone played an injured Watkins in a meaningless preseason game, and the guy was clearly hampered for much of the season.

Exactly e-ball. Maroon is a douche. It's really too bad we never were able to see Sammy completely healthy. I believe he had three injuries throughout the year, but still kept playing.

Hopefully, he'll come in healthy and well conditioned for next year. Then the analysts will fawn over him like they. Did with Beckham after "the catch". I have to admit that was the most athletic catch I've ever seen, and I've been watching football for over 40 years.

I am so sick of NFL analysts grilling Whaley on the Sammy trade. Yeah Beckham had a phenomenal year with NYG but look who he had throwing him the ball! Eli got the ball to his playmaker. Orton and EJ could not do that regularly enough! I would love to see if Eli was throwing the ball to Sammy. I don't think that there would be any debate then!

If we got a gunslinger like Cutler, he would make a star out of Sammy and Woods. Yeah he would have some bad interceptions, but I think our defense would be able to recover. Get Sammy someone who can get him the ball so we can stop listening to idiots criticize the trade.

Golly, this is a whole new perspective.

Never heard it put quite this way before.

An eye-opening revolutionary slant on things.