Ali Marpet Senior Bowl,G, Hobart College Divison III

McShay was raving about how good Marpet looked at the combine yesterday.

I think he's going to go third round. Hope we take him.

i would love Marpet in the 3rd but predict Ali gets drafted second round

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@nfldraftscout: I really like 4 guards in this class (Scherff, Cann, Jackson, Marpet) so far. Other than that...not much like yet.

Doesn't like Tomlinson?

Yep. Also seeing some negatives out there on Tomlinson from the film gurus. That he will need a lot of work at the next level.

There you go.

if Chip Kelly can't get Fisher, he'll go after Marpet.. he needs young, mobile guards (both around 300lb) to execute his O. i'm sure Seattle, and other teams committed to integrating ZBS would have both of these young men high on their boards... but he's too light for our immediate need.

Regardless of the quality of coaching Richardson, Kujo and Henderson were not ready to play. That is not to say that they can't be developed into productive players. Henderson from a physical and athletic standpoint has the most potential. Even with his impressive physical attributes he was too inexperienced to play on a full time basis. Much too often he was overwhelmed. In my view he should have gradually been given playing time to allow him to accelerate his learning process. Playing him as a regular starter where he struggled hurt his development and the team.The best OL coach this team has had was D'lessandro (sic). His departure from Buffalo to San Diego was a major loss.

My guess is the quality, and depth we had last year forced these guys in before they were ready. The other half as was previous stated was the OL coaching.

This simply cannot be true! I have read here over and over that rookie O-lineman cannot start and produce, whether they are 5th rounders or even 2nd rounders!

I don't think anyone has ever said rookie OL never come in early and produce. A lot of times OL esp guards and centers come in and play very nicely right out the box. I think what most here have said is that rookie OL aren't always plug and play positions. That sometimes a lot of players in all positions take a year or two to develop. Each player is different and not everyone is ready right out of college to come in and play. Sometimes players have to work on their craft in game and overtime even if they have the physical tools.