Ali Marpet Senior Bowl,G, Hobart College Divison III

I had the honor to coach Ali in HS. Led us to our schools only championship game. A smart player that dominated in section 1.

The Bills need a Guard. ( a few)

Check this write up.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/small-school-standout-ali-marpet-putting-tiny-hobart-college-on-nfl-radars-004839486.html

This was his highlight film in HS.

Look how he knocks players down. then picks them up.

Edited by coldstorage5

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great story, and I only wish the best for the kid, but from watching the SB practices it is clear that he needs a lot of work. This may be due, in part, to him transitioning from OT to OG. Hopefully, he lands on a team with a good, supportive coaching staff.

In addition to the talk of Hobart College today on NFLN, there was mention of Ithaca College too. Pretty cool.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

I had the honor to coach Ali in HS. Led us to our schools only championship game. A smart player that dominated in section 1.

Check this write up.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/small-school-standout-ali-marpet-putting-tiny-hobart-college-on-nfl-radars-004839486.html

Cool but needs to sto picking them up, we Want Bullies.

Yes he went from 205 as a junior to 245 as a senior. ( Got a little recruitment from Fordham , that was it)We plan on have a " draft day" party where a bunch of his former teachers and coaches will get together to watch Saturdays game

Edited by coldstorage5

Yes he went from 205 as a junior to 245 as a senior. ( Got a little recruitment from Fordham , that was it)We plan on have a " draft day" party where a bunch of his former teachers and coaches will get together to watch Saturdays game

That's awesome and hopefully he gets drafted.

What I like in a G is smarts and toughness. I think those might be the two most important qualities. A kid from my high school, John Urschel, went to Penn St and is a math genius. He got drafted this year and started for the Ravens in the playoffs.

What I like in a G is smarts and toughness. I think those might be the two most important qualities. A kid from my high school, John Urschel, went to Penn St and is a math genius. He got drafted this year and started for the Ravens in the playoffs.

The Canisius High grad was drafted in the fifth round, the same round the Bills drafted Richardson. Richardson was simply not ready to play. He was overwhelmed and became a major vulnerability for us on offense. At the end of the season with Urschel as a starter and in the playoffs he played as an accomplishedveteran player.

The Ravens are a consistent playoff team and regular SB contenders. That is a tribute to their exceptional talent evaluator in Ozzie Newsome. The Bills have struggled for a generation because their talent evaluators aren't as good at doing their jobs.

For the most part I like what Whaley has done. But he flubbed last year's draft when he selected Kujo in the second round and took the less mobile Richardson over the Penn State player who demonstrated that he was a superior prospect and ultimately a much better player.

This was a case of where the size profile carried more weight than the actual ability to play. In this case it's clear that Ozzie Newsome knew better.

The Canisius High grad was drafted in the fifth round, the same round the Bills drafted Richardson. Richardson was simply not ready to play. He was overwhelmed and became a major vulnerability for us on offense. At the end of the season with Urschel as a starter and in the playoffs he played as an accomplishedveteran player.

The Ravens are a consistent playoff team and regular SB contenders. That is a tribute to their exceptional talent evaluator in Ozzie Newsome. The Bills have struggled for a generation because their talent evaluators aren't as good at doing their jobs.

For the most part I like what Whaley has done. But he flubbed last year's draft when he selected Kujo in the second round and took the less mobile Richardson over the Penn State player who demonstrated that he was a superior prospect and ultimately a much better player.

This was a case of where the size profile carried more weight than the actual ability to play. In this case it's clear that Ozzie Newsome knew better.

I agree with a lot of this. That said, I think our offensive line coaching was a joke. I think good offensive line coaching can improve things. I'm excited to have Kromer here. A big improvement over what we had.

It's hilarious Marrone got hired to be an oline coach when that was probably the worst group on the team.

Well, he can certainly dominate HS kids, that's for sure.

I wish we would take all home-grown talents in the draft whenever possible and reasonable.

Edited by Mark80

I agree with a lot of this. That said, I think our offensive line coaching was a joke. I think good offensive line coaching can improve things. I'm excited to have Kromer here. A big improvement over what we had.

It's hilarious Marrone got hired to be an oline coach when that was probably the worst group on the team.

Regardless of the quality of coaching Richardson, Kujo and Henderson were not ready to play. That is not to say that they can't be developed into productive players. Henderson from a physical and athletic standpoint has the most potential. Even with his impressive physical attributes he was too inexperienced to play on a full time basis. Much too often he was overwhelmed. In my view he should have gradually been given playing time to allow him to accelerate his learning process. Playing him as a regular starter where he struggled hurt his development and the team.

The best OL coach this team has had was D'lessandro (sic). His departure from Buffalo to San Diego was a major loss.

Regardless of the quality of coaching Richardson, Kujo and Henderson were not ready to play. That is not to say that they can't be developed into productive players. Henderson from a physical and athletic standpoint has the most potential. Even with his impressive physical attributes he was too inexperienced to play on a full time basis. Much too often he was overwhelmed. In my view he should have gradually been given playing time to allow him to accelerate his learning process. Playing him as a regular starter where he struggled hurt his development and the team.

The best OL coach this team has had was D'lessandro (sic). His departure from Buffalo to San Diego was a major loss.

It appears we brought in a a quality OL coach....so lets hope for some improvement

This simply cannot be true! I have read here over and over that rookie O-lineman cannot start and produce, whether they are 5th rounders or even 2nd rounders!

Check this write up.

I only watched a few minutes but,

Liked the way he plays under his pads, great leg drive, loves to finish blocks, gets to the second level well.

Dislike, has odd footwork, but, that could get coached out I think. At 305, he's gonna need at least one year of S&C at the NFL level.

Overall, I think the Bills should target this kid for a very close look.