Michael Moore = Douchebag

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mikey tries to backtrack

DTvD2bbr_normal.jpeg Michael Moore @MMFlint · 3h 3 hours ago

Hmm. I never tweeted 1word bout AmericanSniper/ChrisKyle. I said my uncle killed by sniper in WWII; only cowards would do that 2 him, others

0 replies 145 retweets 180 favorites

Lets see, I know libs are not big on logic but,

Original tweet - " Snipers are cowards"

Chris Kyle was a sniper.

new tweet - "I never said Kyle was a coward"

okay.......................

xSniper-Cartoon-copy.jpg,qresize=580,P2C

Let’s see: if you can’t make the moral distinction between terrorists who aim to kill civilians and a uniformed military person, in a lawfully authorized war, shooting terrorists attempting to bomb your comrades using children dressed in civilian clothes,

then you must be a liberal. With lots of empathy.

The backtrack is hilarious.

"My tweet had nothing to do with the most publicized movie and story of the last month."

Can't wait for the, "people who draw pictures of Mohammed are cowards, my tweet had nothing to do with Charlie Hebdo," tweets.

Edited by FireChan

Mikey tries to backtrack

Lets see, I know libs are not big on logic but,

Original tweet - " Snipers are cowards"

Chris Kyle was a sniper.

new tweet - "I never said Kyle was a coward"

okay.......................

xSniper-Cartoon-copy.jpg,qresize=580,P2C

Let’s see: if you can’t make the moral distinction between terrorists who aim to kill civilians and a uniformed military person, in a lawfully authorized war, shooting terrorists attempting to bomb your comrades using children dressed in civilian clothes,

then you must be a liberal. With lots of empathy.

He had a beautiful follow-up tweet, too, where he explained -pretty clearly referring to Iraq - how snipers were heroes when they were defending their home from invaders who came from 7,000 miles away.

Apparently not realizing he just called the sniper who killed his uncle a hero. :doh:

He's a fat !@#$ing idiot.

He had a beautiful follow-up tweet, too, where he explained -pretty clearly referring to Iraq - how snipers were heroes when they were defending their home from invaders who came from 7,000 miles away.

Apparently not realizing he just called the sniper who killed his uncle a hero. :doh:

He's a fat !@#$ing idiot.

Here is the tweet to which Tom refers........

DTvD2bbr_normal.jpeg Michael Moore @MMFlint · 19h 19 hours ago

But if you're on the roof of your home defending it from invaders who've come 7K miles, you are not a sniper, u are brave, u are a neighbor.

0 replies 451 retweets 477 favorites

And here is the Internet's response........................................lol

B7rh_RYIcAA9_9Z.jpg

Probably not what he meant, but still the smartest thing Michael Moore has ever said

The Chris Kyle biopic “American Sniper,” which was directed by Clint Eastwood, is doing big business at the box office, much to the chagrin of some in Hollywood and others the Left.

Hey, remember when the RNC speech meant Clint Eastwood's illustrious career was over?

B7t9PydCQAEKL6g.png

American Sniper Has Created a Cultural Moment: Here’s Why

At 9:30 p.m. on Saturday night, a packed theater in Franklin, Tenn., was completely quiet. As the credits rolled, some folks were filing out, but many more were standing, still looking at the screen, honoring the man whose life they’d just seen portrayed on the silver screen.

Before the movie, I’d never seen the parking lot so crowded. I had to park more than a quarter-mile away, hidden in the corner of a restaurant parking lot (hoping I wouldn’t be towed), and watched in amazement as people were streaming into the theater from parking spaces scattered far and wide. It almost goes without saying when a January movie release breaks $90 million in three days, but I felt as if I was witnessing an important cultural moment. This movie was striking a chord in America beyond any post 9/11 movie — beyond even the best of movies about the War on Terror, including Lone Survivor. I think I know why.

First — and most important — it’s a phenomenal movie. America is awash in “message movies,” left and (recently) on the right. While there are some people who’ll attend movies just to make a statement, most of us want to see good movies, with the right statement merely an optional bonus. American Sniper is better than good. It’s one of the best war movies I’ve ever seen, and is now in the pantheon of my all-time favorite movies of any type. Bradley Cooper is outstanding, and the movie pulls off something I’ve never truly seen in a war film: It creates fully realized characters both inside and outside the combat environment. By the end of the movie, we feel that we understand who Chris Kyle was, who is wife is, what they endured, and what motivated them. They’re not one-dimensional heroes but fully realized people who did heroic things.

Second, it tells a story that America isn’t told. I’ve beaten this drum for a while now, but one of my core criticisms of movies about the War on Terror is that they flinch — not when telling of the horrors of war for American soldiers — but when describing the true nature of the enemy. American Sniper goes where no movie has gone before in showing how the enemy uses children, kills children, and savagely tortures its enemies (Kyle discovers a torture room in Fallujah, and its portrayal is very close to reality). The movie isn’t excessively grisly (so wide audiences can see it), but one doesn’t need to show the close-up of a terrorist killing a young boy with a power drill to understand what just happened. When Kyle describes the enemy as “savages,” you know exactly why, and you agree with him.

More at the link:

The Chris Kyle biopic “American Sniper,” which was directed by Clint Eastwood, is doing big business at the box office, much to the chagrin of some in Hollywood and others the Left.

Hey, remember when the RNC speech meant Clint Eastwood's illustrious career was over?

Eastwood is an excellent director whose films make money for whatever studio produces it, so his career was never in jeopardy. However, did you notice who was not nominated for best director...

The next time the trashy right wing media attempts to portray itself as somehow in any way superior to the "main stream media," "Liberal media," "drive by media" or whatever they call it now, just remember this nonsense. Who gives one crap?

Oh look, Michael Moore said something!

The next time the trashy right wing media attempts to portray itself as somehow in any way superior to the "main stream media," "Liberal media," "drive by media" or whatever they call it now, just remember this nonsense. Who gives one crap? Oh look, Michael Moore said something!

WTF are you talking about?

The next time the trashy right wing media attempts to portray itself as somehow in any way superior to the "main stream media," "Liberal media," "drive by media" or whatever they call it now, just remember this nonsense. Who gives one crap? Oh look, Michael Moore said something!

I don't care who said it or who's reporting it....It's a pathetic comment. His backpedaling is even more of a train wreck. Call it what it is...and stop acting like Michael Moore is a 'nobody' in the realm of modern politics. I'm not saying he deserves to be influential, but to act like he has no public forum is ignorant...and, in your current view, also convenient.

I don't care who said it or who's reporting it....It's a pathetic comment. His backpedaling is even more of a train wreck. Call it what it is...and stop acting like Michael Moore is a 'nobody' in the realm of modern politics. I'm not saying he deserves to be influential, but to act like he has no public forum is ignorant...and, in your current view, also convenient.

Fine, you think what he says is important. I don't. If we started a thread for everything Rush Limbo said that was pure outrage we never have a thread about anything else

Enjoy your little tempest in a tea pot

Chris Kyle wasn't a coward, but he wasn't a good person either. The man was pathological liar, and pretty much lied about everything. He constantly made up stories about killing random civilians once he got state side. He made up some story about shooting carjackers that never happened, and he lied about camping out ontop of the Super Dome and shooting random people after Katrina. He also lied about Jesse Ventura insulting the SEALs, and Kyle supposedly punched him in the face. Turns out that was also a lie, and Kyle's estate is paying millions to Ventura.

tldr; Turns out Chris Kyle was a pathological liar, and most of the stories in American Sniper are probably as made up as the other ones Kyle liked to tell.

Edited by Fingon

Eastwood is an excellent director whose films make money for whatever studio produces it, so his career was never in jeopardy. However, did you notice who was not nominated for best director...

I wasn't even aware that Eastwood was the director until I read this thread. I guess that says something about how they're choosing to market this one. Then again, if Cooper is as good as they say he is (still need to go see this movie), they're marketing it exactly as they should.