Bills game in LONDON

Peter

Excellent Mbossman2. Thanks for the hard work.

Additionally, having done it already a few times...if you have only one day to sightsee...I highly recommend you use the hop on, hopoff double decker bus. You pay one price for 24 hours and they have stops at every must see location. You can get off for a bit andthen get back on another bus. They come every 15 mins. This is the one I liked the best...www.theoriginaltour.com.

Also, info on the NFL Saturday Street party is as http://www.nfluk.com/events/regent-street.html

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.nfluk.com/events/regent-street.html

The NFL street party on Saturday, October 24.

Additionally, having done it already a few times...if you have only one day to sightsee...I highly recommend you use the hop on, hopoff double decker bus. You pay one price for 24 hours and they have stops at every must see location. You can get off for a bit andthen get back on another bus. They come every 15 mins. This is the one I liked the best...www.theoriginaltour.com.

http://www.nfluk.com/events/regent-street.html

The NFL street party on Saturday, October 24.

That original tour looks like a great idea.

Section BK 209 Row 15. Seats 179-182.

Staying at Ebury Hotel near Victoria station.

Arriving Thursday. Friday all day is the hop on, hop off bus. Saturday is the NFL Street party on Regent street and the the local Bills Backers party at night (sadly it's on the other side of London from the NFL activities). Tubes stop at midnight, but we will figure something out.

Sunday, get up really early and fight the crowds on the tube out to Wembley.

Monday..all day tour to Windsor Castle, Bath and Stonehenge. Tuesday more signtseeing. Tuesday evening, night ferry across to Caen to see the D day beaches and cemetery...then train to Paris on Thursday. a couple of days sightseeing in Paris and flying back on Sunday.

Di

Edited by aussiew

Staying at Premier Inn Wembley Park...walking distance to the train station and the Stadium.

Arriving Thursday. Friday all day is the hop on, hop off bus. Saturday is the NFL Street party on Regent street and maybe the local Bills Backers party at night (sadly it's on the other side of London from the NFL activities). We are hoping they may change it...or just forget it and everyone join in the NFL street party.

Monday..short flight over to Normandy to see the D day stuff and cemetery...then train to Paris. Tuesday...hop on, hop off bus in Paris. Wednesday flight to USA.

Di

We took our kids to Normandy a few years ago. Very, very moving.

We are in section 102, row 27, seats 62-69. We plan on spending about 5 days in London; 4 days in Scotland (Edinborough) and 5 days in Ireland (Dublin). Stopping in Buffalo first and hope to catch a home game before the London game. Flying out of Toronto. Probably staying with my nephew in Notting Hills where he and his wife live.

since i am very grateful that my wife agreed to come with me i need some advice about where to look for hotels as she is most interested in arts.

hopefully she doesn´t expect me to visit all the museums she wants to go to too :D

so please: where is best?

I've had a lot of luck with this place when staying in London. Good prices, good location and very quiet for street noise. http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g186338-d192158-Reviews-Victoria_Inn-London_England.html

The rooms are smaller, but I've never found large affordable rooms in London. Not at any price I can afford.

Edited by driddles

since i am very grateful that my wife agreed to come with me i need some advice about where to look for hotels as she is most interested in arts.

hopefully she doesn´t expect me to visit all the museums she wants to go to too :D

so please: where is best?

Metro London is broken into many districts/boroughs. I would look in:

Chelsea

Kenstingon

Knightsbridge, Belgravia, Mayfair, and St. James (if you have the bucks)

Westminster

Because of London's mass transit system, you can stay further out and be at/near any of the major attractions, museums etc very quickly (except during rush hour).

We are staying In Kensington.

Edited by mbossman2

If you want cheaper options guys then anywhere in the boroughs of Camden or Ealing would provide easy access to central London and the Stadium. Or Brent, Hillingdon and Harrow which are a bit further out from the centre of the City, but close to the stadium.

The thing to focus on when booking somewhere further out is proximity to a underground train network (tube) station. The closer the better for getting around. That is less of an issue the more central you are.

EDIT: If anyone has found somewhere and wants to check it is a sensible location feel free to PM me.

Edited by GunnerBill

Staying at Premier Inn Wembley Park...walking distance to the train station and the Stadium.

Arriving Thursday. Friday all day is the hop on, hop off bus. Saturday is the NFL Street party on Regent street and maybe the local Bills Backers party at night (sadly it's on the other side of London from the NFL activities). We are hoping they may change it...or just forget it and everyone join in the NFL street party.

Monday..short flight over to Normandy to see the D day stuff and cemetery...then train to Paris. Tuesday...hop on, hop off bus in Paris. Wednesday flight to USA.

Di

Awesome!

Arriving Saturday...staying for the game Sunday and in London Monday and Tuesday...then off to Greece for a few days and back to the USA...cant wait!

Awesome!

Arriving Saturday...staying for the game Sunday and in London Monday and Tuesday...then off to Greece for a few days and back to the USA...cant wait!

Cool, makes me miss my Navy days. I definitely liked northern Europe a lot more than the Mediterrean countires. London was awesome and when the mortgage is paid I'm gona go back and hope to take a trip to Europe each year.

No offense to the Jaguars fans. If it was a different team, just maybe I would drop $5g's to go. (Airfare + accommodations + etc.)

Just persoanl opinion, but it makes me MORE likely to want to go. I'd hate to go and lose - much less fun. Who would you rather play if winning is a personal priority?

Of all the vacations I want to take, an ungodly expensive trip to England for a Bills game (against Jacksonville) is unfortunately not one of them.

Amen. We toyed with the idea, have friends in London who'd be happy to host us but figured for the money we'd be better off spending it to go to Buffalo for HOME PLAYOFF games :-)