Do you approve hiring Rex Ryan as HC

/dev/null

Do you approve hiring Rex Ryan as HC  

463 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve hiring Rex Ryan as HC

the contract has a lot to do with it. I also think he lacks heart. And that bothers me. Guys like Brady, Rivers, Luck - they act like every play is their last. Cutler seems like he's collecting a paycheck. That is part of why I think he hasn't been successful. And that's not coachable.

I saw some of that in Orton, and it tore me up as a fan.

my biggest problem with Cutler is all the poor decision making and ints other than that he's great B-)

wow. maybe a poll should have been done before he was announced hc. i'm betting the results would be considerably different.

It's all about the Koolaid bro B-)

They always are. If you'd suggested the Watkins trade the day before the draft most people would have called you an idiot. The next day Whaley was a genius.

actually...

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hail yes! Solid coach and he brings a swagger this team needs. Get a good offensive coordinator in there and lets roll. He inherents a qb problem but home run Terry and Kim! Most defenses are hybrid s anyay, but that defense should be in the top 3 and I think it could only help free agent season.

This is a painful hire. There is nothing that excites me about this. We just hired a guy that went 4-12. I wonder how many times in NFL history a guy that just came off that type of season he just had have been hired as a head coach by another NFL team right away. I have zero idea why this makes anyone happy.

Brian Bilichick and John Fox to name two very recent and very good ones.

Hell no!

He's a proven loser! He's not even a .500 coach. What makes anyone think he's going to change? Clueless!

How many coaching candidates had HC experience much less held "winning records" in the league? To think we could've hired a coach with an overall winning record is a bit delusional. Rex was hampered by a crap GM in NY. I look at the intangibles. He's very well respected around the league. The players LOVE playing for him and will play their hearts out for the guy. (Did you see the Bills player tweets about the hire?) He's a defensive mastermind and although we have a monster D already I think it's been expressed during the interview process and he's smart enough to hire smart coaches for assistants on the offensive side and facilitate a turn around on that side of the ball. I love this hire.

APPROVE !

Note my first post in Dec when ya'll were still swinging on Marrones Jimmy blaming Hackett for the inept offense. Do i think Hackett belongs in the NFL - NO. However, ultimately Marrone was responsible.

Has anyone been direct and asked DM Why his O-line sucks? I think he is confusing effort with results. If he was an O-lineman, why does his O-line look like one of the worst ever fielded in Buffalo. With the exception of Levitre, it is essentially the same as last year and the Bills led the league in rushing.

Let me ask you? If Rex Ryan coached this present team, do you think we would have had more success? I bet you we would. IMO DM is in way over his head. He has been out-coached in several games. Why did he wait so long in the Raider game to go to the no huddle?? He is an absolute idiot. The offense started moving the ball effectively.

This defense kept him in every game and even won most of them despite his and Hacketts disfunctional offense. Unfortunately that may be enough to keep him around another year so next year I expect much of the same. Likely regression.

:wallbash:

It is not necessarily my first post ever on TBD, just under this screen name. However, I grew really tired of the flaming I took for expressing my frustration that the Bills repeatedly passed on this QB named Russell Wilson. Hmmm. ya'll are such great and knowledgeable fans :worthy: How did that work out?

Just look at the amount of love Sanchez has been getting here lately. Ironically by many of the same people trashing him as the Jets QB. While there are some with great knowledge here many even most comments on TSW are nonsensical.

Rex Ryan is the best thing to happen to this team in a long time. The players will love to play for him. I cant wait to see how the players respond. Marrone provided little to no inspiration to this years team..... that came from Fred Jax, K. Williams and Boobie.

FIGHT ON MY MEN

Neutral. I consider him an upgrade to Marrone both in game and for making halftime adjustments as well as the PR pluses. But he is a below .500 coach so far and very defensive minded, and the Bills currently have Schwartz for that. Could be great, or a bust, or more likely somewhere in between. Time will tell.

I feel like he would show up at Big Tree and have beer and wings with the fans and talk about how much he hates Belichik and Brady and how he's dying to get Sammy into space.

@MMehtaNYDN: Biggest winners today: Buffalo Bills fans

Yeah but I don't want a coach who will show up at Big Tree and talk, I want a coach who will put every fibre of his being into beating Belichick and Brady and getting Sammy into space.

I think this is a great hire.

Rex is a passionate coach who players love and love to play for. He isn’t afraid to be bold and gutsy which is something the Bills have been lacking for as long as I can remember.

I really don’t think his coaching record is a fair assessment of him as a coach. He did make the AFC championship in his first 2 years and then the GM really lost it and started depleting the teams roster/talent.

CBF