The Return of David Lee?

I think EJ had a lot of great opportunities to run but chose was coached not to.

Fixed.

So much handwringing over a QB coach and an OL coach. Unreal.

Agreed. I'm neither thrilled nor upset with the Lee hiring. To me, it's just meh.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A young QB has the HC, the OC, the QB coach, his teammates (often a veteran QB), his own QB coach in the off season, and his own instincts to listen to about how to play the position better. We're going to have zero clue if David Lee helps or hurts EJ this season, or whomever the Bills QB is, and regardless of whether they play great, good, average, poor or pathetic.

I think the mechanics coaching made Fitz overthink and he regressed as a result. Who knows if that was lee's fault, or Fitz's? I have got to think it's tough to teach an old dog new tricks.

I thought it was the London Fletcher hit that ruined Ryan F, never was the same. he was playing purty good up till that. Lee or No Lee.

Better to have a qb coach than to not have one at all.

ALA Marrone.

Wasn't Lee credited with helping to install the read option the year Miami started using it heavily? If so, it would seem to fit with what Roman may want to do with EJ. Perhaps Lee helps EJ become a better running QB.

now you got it.

Wildcat baby !

Fixed.

Agreed. I'm neither thrilled nor upset with the Lee hiring. To me, it's just meh.

I think some of the QB coaches responsibility is not necessarily is not to change mechanics. More of the getting a QB a personal manager advocating what the head coach wants from the player and finding out what the player can give. I think its easy to read too much into it.

Should be interesting for sure to see what Roman and Kromer want to do.

gotta think executing read option should be an honest threat get the kid moving.

He never did learn how to work the pocket that was given him... Buts that another story isn't it.

I think having a QB coach is good for a young QB....

For a veteran like Fitz? Not so much

Like i said John. It depends on what the head coach thinks he wants and or can get from the QB. QB coach as you know spends all his time with those guys from play calling to practice reps. Not just the physical side.

I guess i am just glad we have one, even though his previous experience doesnt look overly appealing at this point : )

In the three months leading up to camp, Lee raised Romo's point of release 18 inches in order to keep him from having passes batted down. He also worked hard to make sure Romo's lower body was working in conjunction with his upper body.

EJ's biggest mechanical problem right there. Hopefully Lee can work on that and Roman and Rex can change his mindset so he's not playing like a robot and just let his natural ability take over.

According to some reports, Rex wants to bring David Lee in as the QB coach.

We all may remember Lee, the guy who introduced the wildcat to the NFL, as the coach who Gailey hired to help Fitz with his mechanics.

Thoughts?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2325799-rex-ryan-to-buffalo-bills-latest-contract-details-comments-and-reaction?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

If you like Rex, why wouldn't you automatically accept his hires?

If you like Rex, why wouldn't you automatically accept his hires?

Generally, I do.

Lee is a little different because we have prior experience with him. Plus, Rex tends to be loyal to a fault.

But I'm not unhappy with this hire. Just curious about what others may be able to add to the story.

Believe it or not, it makes me feel good to see this on the board. I'm curious who will step forward to defend Haggy.

I will. The biggest problem with Van Halen is that Eddie does not work well and play with others. Hence the revolving door of lead singers for the band, Michael Anthony's ouster, etc. No question that DLR's reign with Van Halen created the "classic" songs we all know and love. But their last big single "Jump", showed that the band was moving in a much more commercial direction, with Eddie adding synth and keyboards. Van Hagar kept moving in that direction, with hits like Why Can't This Be Love, Right Now, When It's Love, etc. My favorite, Where Eagles Fly, is the best showcase of Sammy's talent. Van Hagar may have been different, but I think it was every bit as good as Van Halen. At the end of the day, Van Halen hasn't done anything of any consequence in at least a decade, because only Eddie's family can stand to be in a band with him. Rock on, TSW!