Browns part ways with Kyle Shanahan

YoloinOhio

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Schwartz has not proven he is head coach material IMO; no teams are asking to interview him for head coach.

I would rather a new head coach brought in and Schwartz be kept as DC but given additional title of assistant head coach.

He has 2 years (one more than most of current staff) and has time to beef up his qualifications for second chance.

Must be nice to have a daddy who gets you everywhere in life.

Little Shanahan has rode his dad and Kubiak's jock. I question how great of a coach he is without them.

How did you feel about Wade Phillips?

PS - you'll like this: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2015/01/05/with-so-many-successful-father-son-coaching-partnerships-under-their-belts-the-redskins-should-totally-hire-wade-phillips/

Still, having examined the evidence, I guess I’d have to argue that the Redskins have, in fact, attempted to win with a father-son coaching tandem. Six times, in fact.

“I’m no Mike Leach, but if I’ve learned one thing about football, it’s this: If you want to work with your dad, get him to coach for Dan Snyder,” Dave McKenna wrote shortly before the Shanahans arrived. “The nepotism binge hasn’t paid any dividends for Snyder: None of the coaches on the family plan left here as winners. It hasn’t worked for anybody else, either. For folks who think the Shanahans’ arrival means another Lombardi is coming to Ashburn: I looked at the coaching staffs of all Super Bowl winners and couldn’t find a single father–son duo. The closest I came was with Weeb Ewbanks, head coach of the 1969 champion New York Jets, who had son-in-law Charlie Winner as linebackers coach.”

Edited by dave mcbride

I heard that reported yesterday and almost spit out my coffee. There is speculation it was the owner as well. What a mess over in Cleveland. Im surprised a guy like Shanahan didnt walk off the field right there and then. I wouldnt have blamed him.

These guys have their cell phones on and read texts during the game?

Great DC. Would never want as a head coach. IMO, Kyle S has never proven to even be a good OC on his own.

I liked Wade as a head coach - 30-18 for the Bills (I count the just give it to 'em game as a win) and 1-1 in the playoffs (I count home run forward pass as a win too).

I liked Wade as a head coach - 30-18 for the Bills (I count the just give it to 'em game as a win) and 1-1 in the playoffs (I count home run forward pass as a win too).

Def one of our better coaches but those were loaded teams. Schwartz seems like he might be like Wade, better DC than top dog.

I just don't see Kyle as an elite developer of talent. I'm liking Bevell more and more.

Def one of our better coaches but those were loaded teams. Schwartz seems like he might be like Wade, better DC than top dog.

I just don't see Kyle as an elite developer of talent. I'm liking Bevell more and more.

I really don't have an opinion about Kyle Shanahan. The Browns were 27th in points and 23rd in yards this year. They were 27th and 18th the year before - basically the same. Hard to tell from that given the problems on that team.

At Houston, they were 14th in yards with Mike Sherman as OC in 2007, and 3rd and 4th the next two seasons with Shanahan (Schaub QB'd all three seasons). The year after Shanahan left, they were 3rd again.

The one thing that worries me is the bouncing around - you wonder about loyalty with a guy like that. The Cleveland departure doesn't inspire.

Liking Bevell? Based on?

Like his work with Wilson and Jackson in Minnesota. They don't have a great oline and possibly the worst receivers in the NFL. Plus, it would be great to have a coach who's greatest accomplishment was a SB instead of a Pinstripe Bowl. :)

I really don't have an opinion about Kyle Shanahan. The Browns were 27th in points and 23rd in yards this year. They were 27th and 18th the year before - basically the same. Hard to tell from that given the problems on that team.

At Houston, they were 14th in yards with Mike Sherman as OC in 2007, and 3rd and 4th the next two seasons with Shanahan (Schaub QB'd all three seasons). The year after Shanahan left, they were 3rd again.

The one thing that worries me is the bouncing around - you wonder about loyalty with a guy like that. The Cleveland departure doesn't inspire.

Yeah, I think he was covered up by great I offensive coaches like his dad and Kubiak. Too risky IMO.

Like his work with Wilson and Jackson in Minnesota. They don't have a great oline and possibly the worst receivers in the NFL.

I've read this on here many times, that the Seahawks have horrible WRs. While they don't have any big name guys, when I watch them, which is often, the WRs they do have seem to do a really good job at catching the football.

Michael Silver ‏@MikeSilver 3m3 minutes ago

The Browns' offensive players are really excited about Kyle Shanahan's departure. If by 'really' I mean 'the opposite of'

Dumb tweet. But you get the point.

I can't stand Mike Silver.

I've read this on here many times, that the Seahawks have horrible WRs. While they don't have any big name guys, when I watch them, which is often, the WRs they do have seem to do a really good job at catching the football.

They don't threaten a defense at all. No speed or size. The threat of Lynch and Wilson running is the main reason they get open. They are one of the least talented groups in the NFL.

They don't threaten a defense at all. No speed or size. The threat of Lynch and Wilson running is the main reason they get open. They are one of the least talented groups in the NFL.

If you say so. When I watch them I see WRs getting open and making good catches. Not very many drops. No big sexy names, but they get the job done.

Edited by reddogblitz