Islamic Terrorism

B-Man

So - there appears to be absolutely no support for a large military effort in the ME - whether it is the GOP, the DEM or the general public...

You know when people will support a large military effort?

When their burning head is rolling down a flight of stairs, that's when.

Former US Marine: "We created the mess"

Nice subheading on the screen cap.

You know who thinks ISIS is actually a credible threat?

The guy who burned to death and the people whose heads were rolling down flights of stairs, that's who.

Of course you're the troll who was repeatedly proclaiming Sandusky's innocence so I'm sure you have yet to see enough evidence to determine whether ISIS is good or bad.

Edited by 4merper4mer

Ya kinda can't blame the Congress for not acting on AUMF since the guy that sent the request for authorization up to the Hill (POTUS) doesn't even have the courage to correctly identify the group against which military forces will/or not be deployed.

To paraphrase: POTUS dithers while ISIS bulldozes.

I have a new plan for this mess. Well, it's more of a postulate than a plan. But quibbling aside, here it is:

Any part of any country that has been declared a part of "The Caliphate" is no longer subect to UN/Geneva convention protections.

My reasoning is simple. First, the Caliphate is not a legal, recognized country, or singnatory of any of these treaties, so, by definition they are not entitled to protections. Second, apparently the majority of the people in that territory have chosen to live by medieval rules. Fine. So be it. When operating in that territory, we shall also play by medieval rules. Make that clear to every single civilian/supposed non-combatant. We have raised the black flag, and no quarter should be expected by anyone who continues to remain in that territory.

Then, we will see who wants their town/job/kids to be contained in that area, and who does not. IF there are moderate Muslims there, this is essentially the ONLY thing that lights a fire under their asses and get them moving towards proving that ISIS does not, in fact, represent them/Islam. Sun Tzu spoke long and often about the great effects of putting people on "killing ground", meaning: you either fight, win, and live, or you die no matter what. We put these people to a choice: maybe die fighting ISIS, or, definitely die due to us-->Fuel Air bombing your entire town. Hey, I said Medieval, didn't I?

Or, it goes the other way: and we find out that these "innocent civilians" actually: aren't, either word. One thing is for certain. We will get a definitive answer to whether the "majority" or "minority" of Muslims in that territory support the evil that is being done there, or not.

And don't cry to me about fairness. It's every adult's duty to be one. What is the point of "I have to protect my children/stay alive so I can feed them", if all you are doing is consigning them to live in the F'ing Caliphate? :blink: Yeah, an ensured lifetime of slavery, terror, and/or subjugation for your kids...what a parent you are! Sit by and do nothing, and make your street the rest of the world's problem? How is that fair to us? What hope does your cowardice actually bring, to anyone, most of all, your kids?

IF this kinda crap started happening here? At least in upstate, it would be over in days. We wouldn't put up with it. Americans, once the first guy got burned to death down the street, would rise. Most would. And that's the point: I'm not expecting anything that I wouldn't expect from people here in WNY. So, it's absolutely fair.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

• 2 weeks later...

Tunisia Museum Attack: At Least 19 Dead in Shooting

Nineteen people have been killed in a shooting attack at the Bardo Museum in Tunisia, including 17 foreign nationals, Tunisian Prime Minister Habib Essid said today.

In addition, two attackers have also been killed, Essid said, calling it a "cowardly terrorist operation" that targeted tourists.

The tourists were attacked while they were getting off a bus to enter the museum, Essid said, noting this is the first attack there targeting tourists.

The attackers were wearing military fatigues, and when the tourists ran toward the museum to avoid the shooting, the attackers pursued them, Essid said.

Among the 17 tourists killed, the nationalities included Polish, German, Italian and Spanish, Essid said.

An additional 22 tourists and two Tunisians were injured, he said.

More at the link: http://abcnews.go.com/International/tunisia-attack-dead-shooting-museum/story?id=29721565

No mention in the story regarding who the attackers are or their possible motive.

ADDED: The New York Times agrees....................

"The identity and motivation of the attackers were not immediately clear."

Edited by B-Man

I have a new plan for this mess. Well, it's more of a postulate than a plan. But quibbling aside, here it is:

Any part of any country that has been declared a part of "The Caliphate" is no longer subect to UN/Geneva convention protections.

My reasoning is simple. First, the Caliphate is not a legal, recognized country, or singnatory of any of these treaties, so, by definition they are not entitled to protections. Second, apparently the majority of the people in that territory have chosen to live by medieval rules. Fine. So be it. When operating in that territory, we shall also play by medieval rules. Make that clear to every single civilian/supposed non-combatant. We have raised the black flag, and no quarter should be expected by anyone who continues to remain in that territory.

Then, we will see who wants their town/job/kids to be contained in that area, and who does not. IF there are moderate Muslims there, this is essentially the ONLY thing that lights a fire under their asses and get them moving towards proving that ISIS does not, in fact, represent them/Islam. Sun Tzu spoke long and often about the great effects of putting people on "killing ground", meaning: you either fight, win, and live, or you die no matter what. We put these people to a choice: maybe die fighting ISIS, or, definitely die due to us-->Fuel Air bombing your entire town. Hey, I said Medieval, didn't I?

Or, it goes the other way: and we find out that these "innocent civilians" actually: aren't, either word. One thing is for certain. We will get a definitive answer to whether the "majority" or "minority" of Muslims in that territory support the evil that is being done there, or not.

And don't cry to me about fairness. It's every adult's duty to be one. What is the point of "I have to protect my children/stay alive so I can feed them", if all you are doing is consigning them to live in the F'ing Caliphate? :blink: Yeah, an ensured lifetime of slavery, terror, and/or subjugation for your kids...what a parent you are! Sit by and do nothing, and make your street the rest of the world's problem? How is that fair to us? What hope does your cowardice actually bring, to anyone, most of all, your kids?

IF this kinda crap started happening here? At least in upstate, it would be over in days. We wouldn't put up with it. Americans, once the first guy got burned to death down the street, would rise. Most would. And that's the point: I'm not expecting anything that I wouldn't expect from people here in WNY. So, it's absolutely fair.

The Geneva Convention doesn't work that way.

And ISIS isn't restoring the Caliphate. They say they are, yes, but they're quite possibly more ignorant about the Caliphate than you idiots here are. The Abbasids would never have put up with ISIS' bull ****.

Yemen: Bombs kill 137 at mosques; ISIS purportedly lays claim

Sanaa, Yemen (CNN)The Sunni terror group ISIS purportedly claimed it committed Friday's bombings that killed scores of people at two mosques frequented by Shiite rebels in Yemen's capital -- an attack that would mark ISIS's first large-scale attack in the Arabian Peninsula country.

At least 137 people were killed and 357 wounded when suicide bombers, pretending to be disabled and hiding explosives under casts, attacked the mosques in Sanaa, according to Yemen's state-run Saba news agency.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/20/middleeast/yemen-violence/index.html

Edited by B-Man

Yemen: Bombs kill 137 at mosques; ISIS purportedly lays claim

Sanaa, Yemen (CNN)The Sunni terror group ISIS purportedly claimed it committed Friday's bombings that killed scores of people at two mosques frequented by Shiite rebels in Yemen's capital -- an attack that would mark ISIS's first large-scale attack in the Arabian Peninsula country.

At least 137 people were killed and 357 wounded when suicide bombers, pretending to be disabled and hiding explosives under casts, attacked the mosques in Sanaa, according to Yemen's state-run Saba news agency.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/20/middleeast/yemen-violence/index.html

I always found it odd that terrorists are most effective at killing other muslims.

Doesn't matter who they kill though because we're all deserving of life. Those guys need to be dealt with once and for all.

The West lacks the conviction to do that. They, like the Saudis will spend to keep it away from their turf. But crushing them? That requires much more than what the political mosaic that is the West can muster. There was no power vacuum in the ME when Bush left office, but given the political realities of regime change in the US, that was as unsustainable as a hot air balloon with the gas heater turned off.

and now Sunni al-Qaeda terrorists have chased out 100 U.S.Special Ops forces from a Yemeni base after seizing a nearby town:

A day after suicide bombers attacked a pair of mosques in the Yemeni capital, the U.S. military decided to pull the remainder of its troops out of the rapidly fragmenting nation, CBS News confirmed Saturday.

CBS News national security correspondent David Martin reports that the withdrawal of about 100 special operations troops would be completed within hours.

Martin reports that no direct threat prompted the decision. Instead, it was the overall deterioration of the country.

NBC hears something a little different from its sources:

proxy.jpg?t=HBhaaHR0cDovL2kyLmNkbi50dXJu

This comes just days after DoD officials admitted to having misplaced over $500 million in military supplies in aid previously sent to the region to support the now-deposed Hadi government. U.S. officials still cannot account for those supplies; the U.S. military evacuations have made it impossible for the intelligence community to track them.

Meanwhile our "leisure" president was doing two of these three things...............can you pick them out ?

obamaweb22s-2-web.jpgthumbnailca32u449.jpg?w=700prt_200x200_1381571085.jpg

Am I the only one here who thinks we should do the Machiavellian thing and allow ISIS to exist? Who's their biggest enemy? US? Or Iran?

If we let them kill each other, we could see some benefit, no? If Shiites and Sunnis are killing each other, they can't be killing us or Israelis.

Am I the only one here who thinks we should do the Machiavellian thing and allow ISIS to exist? Who's their biggest enemy? US? Or Iran?

If we let them kill each other, we could see some benefit, no? If Shiites and Sunnis are killing each other, they can't be killing us or Israelis.

You know what nobody likes to see?

Another human being's head rolling down a flight of stairs, that's what.

You know what nobody likes to see?

Another human being's head rolling down a flight of stairs, that's what.

Speak for yourself. If those heads are the heads of sunni and shia extremists I'm ALL FOR seeing them roll down a flight of stairs.

Especially if we dont have to pull the trigger.

Speak for yourself. If those heads are the heads of sunni and shia extremists I'm ALL FOR seeing them roll down a flight of stairs.

Especially if we dont have to pull the trigger.

I think you're mixing up the rolling heads with the people standing at the top of the stairs.

The Geneva Convention doesn't work that way.

And ISIS isn't restoring the Caliphate. They say they are, yes, but they're quite possibly more ignorant about the Caliphate than you idiots here are. The Abbasids would never have put up with ISIS' bull ****.

I said all quibbling aside. I know how it works, and you are quibbling. You know damn well that these guys are illegal combatants. And whatever, because its not like the holes aren't there to poke, blah, blah...enough with that.

The Abbasids aren't here to say anything, so who the F cares what they would say? ISIS is here, now, and are you really going to try and parse word from deed...with these clowns?

You are arguing that we shouldn't take them at their word, because they are ignorant of their own history, and therefore don't know what their own word means. or its ramifications, or they aren't "doing it right"? What the F is this? :blink: Some sort Islamo-affirmative action? We should lower the bar for these idiots, because what, they are Muslim/Arabs/from the ME?

Now who is being a racist/religious zealot, etc.? Cramming all ISIS into the same box and labeling it "ignorant, therefore not worthy of using the word Caliphate, as defined by DC_Tom"?

This is retarded. You're telling me that no one in ISIS is aware of the history/laws/abuses/realities of the old Caliphate? Or, you are telling me that there is no way they aren't doing exactly what they are saying, because ALL of them, especially their leaders, don't know what they are saying? :lol: No one, in all of ISIS knows what they are actually trying to accomplish, or how to get there, because none of them know what a successful Caliphate looks like?

Well, either you're an unmitigated moron for arguing against my postulate, because it would absolutely separate those who know, from the truly ignorant,

or, you're guessing, and this entire thing is going to turn into the madness of Pol Pot's Cambodia in about 6 months, and flame out in 3 years, when there's no one left to kill,

or, you're finally going to have to admit that total chaos, which starts another world war, is what far too many Muslims(in the millions), and certainly the Iranian regime, believe has been pre-ordained, and, that this ISIS douchebaggery is simply an opening move in that game.

If it's the latter? Then by all means, please tell us when/wher to expect the Mahdi...since you are the arbiter "doing it right" when it comes to all thing Islam. This way we can drone strike him immediately, and get his whole Islamo-Vaudevillian Cluster!@#$ cancelled.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

This is retarded. You're telling me that no one in ISIS is aware of the history/laws/abuses/realities of the old Caliphate?

Yes.

ISIS is not Islamic. They're a particularly brutal biker gang, and should be treated as such.

Yes.

ISIS is not Islamic. They're a particularly brutal biker gang, and should be treated as such.

Well then, I don't recall biker gangs being entitled to any sort of combatant protections, so, my postulate remains unscathed.

But, you know what I am perhaps more sick of than the term "indie pop", and the absolutely illogical, never mind pure sucky, pairing of those two words?

The entire time between 9/11 and now, when what "is Islamic" and what is not: has become 100% an argument of convenience for innumerable assclowns.

"Islamic" has no real meaning anymore, because the word has been so bastardized, so twisted, by the demented, but, also so twisted the other way, by the differently demented, such that for them, nothing at all is ever Islamic, even when Islam itself is directly referenced, by the first set of demented people via direct quotes from the damn book itself, which guide their atrocities.

Due to all this twisting, how can Islam have a real definition for either set of assclowns?

But despite the assclowns, the truth remains: Islam is not only a religion, it is also law, and a political ethos, and it has been since its founding. The book itself, its prophet and it's followers have been defined, and have defined themselves, in these terms, also since its founding. Why anyone is willing to contort themselves to avoid using the word truthfully and honestly...is an utter mystery to me.

However, it is a mystery of I am tired of thinking about, because it's become clear that this stopped being about philosophy, and started being about douchebaggery ~2005.

Look: Physicist means physicist. We don't change it's definition because some of them F up, or a lot of them F up. We don't even change it's definition when it is proved beyond all doubt that all of them were totally wrong, like when Einstein showed up. That is because words mean things, and physicist means physicist. They study what they study, and believe what they believe.

In 1000s of Mosques and Madrassas, they study what they study(nothing but utter garbage, the antithesis of education), and believe what they believe. But, when they act on those beliefs, we are told "That is not Islam"?

It's amazing to me that all this time, effort, resources, and $ is spent, by parents, and students, who self-identify as Muslims...all so they can study, believe and act on...what: "is not Islam". :wacko:

I look at the University of Notre Dame, which "is Catholic". Then, I look for the Islamic equivalent...and I ask: IF there was one, would it truly be "Islamic"?

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Then what the heck are you paying her for?

I hope for her sake and the sake of your wallet that it is not for her to listen to you read back your War and Peace posts.

It's scary to contemplate what type of disease could be transferred by that lubeless mind !@#$- 50 paragraphs of oy vey