The Two Faces of Doug Marrone

He's gone guys. Leave it alone. It seemed most on this board wanted him gone. Can't wait 'till we find a coaching staff. Maybe we can end this Marrone stuff. Getting kinda repetitive, no matter what the title of the thread is.

I can understand your sentiment. But Napoleon and Caesar are gone and people still talk about them. Some people are just interested in history - recent or ancient. My own interest in Marrone stems from the disparity of the picture I had of him before he quit and the very different picture that's developing now. The Mehta articles/tweets and the Casullo interview really shifted my paradigm. Initially, I was disappointed he quit but now I'm glad he's gone. Though it's still hard to filter out all the misinformation, self promotion and character assassination.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand your sentiment. But Napoleon and Caesar are gone and people still talk about them.

Not eighteen times a day in three different threads.

Of course, we don't have LaCornflake tweeting "BREAKING NEWS: Jets considering Julius Caesar for HC!" three times a day, either.

Of course, we don't have LaCornflake tweeting "BREAKING NEWS: Jets considering Julius Caesar for HC!" three times a day, either.

Do you think some of the great historical leaders would make good HC?

HC don't often do the X's and O's... It's about motivation, planning, managing personalities, inspiring...

Edited by TheFunPolice

He's gone guys. Leave it alone. It seemed most on this board wanted him gone. Can't wait 'till we find a coaching staff. Maybe we can end this Marrone stuff. Getting kinda repetitive, no matter what the title of the thread is.

The head coach walked out less than a week ago. If you don't want marrone talk, a bills board probably isn't the spot for you today

HC don't often do the X's and O's... It's about motivation, planning, managing personalities, inspiring...

Well...I bet Stalin would have been awesome. He could motivate people.

The people who think very highly of Doug Marrone are not scrubs or stupids.

Saints HC Sean Payton spoke very highly of him, as did many, many others in the Saints Org. Ex Redskins GM Charley Casserly thinks the world of him. Bill Parcells spoke very highly of him, as did Bill Polian.

His players from his days as the Jets O line coach literally love him, as did the RB's at that time. Curtis Martin thinks Marrone was the best line coach he ever played with, as do a lot of his ex line players. Marrone would be out with the players working with the blocking sled long after the rest of the teams practice had ended.

Marrone's problems in Buffalo stem from being handed some very bad players for the O line. The most experienced starting WR on the team this season was Robert Woods in his second year. Plus most of all was his extremely poor choice for his offensive coordinator.

We seem focused on the least improved area on the team. It's a much better team in Buffalo now than before Marrone arrived. I would prefer if we took that and do what Fred Jackson says the players are doing, "Moving on".

I don't like how he left but he did and I would rather energy and focus be spent on that the team needs to work on (QB, Offense, HC, etc). That's a lot more interesting that quantifying just how big a douche Marrone is.

Well...I bet Stalin would have been awesome. He could motivate people.

That kind of motivation works best when the Enemies of the People get sent to Siberia rather than to the 'niners or Seattle.

It's historically been kind of a problem for the Bills: "Get with the program or I'll trade your a** like we did with Marshawn Lynch"

"Uh...ok coach...Hey, wait a minute, What?"

Edited by Hopeful

We seem focused on the least improved area on the team. It's a much better team in Buffalo now than before Marrone arrived. I would prefer if we took that and do what Fred Jackson says the players are doing, "Moving on".

I don't like how he left but he did and I would rather energy and focus be spent on that the team needs to work on (QB, Offense, HC, etc). That's a lot more interesting that quantifying just how big a douche Marrone is.

You know, I feel you, I really do. But how about this as a suggestion?

-If there's something you want to discuss that isn't being discussed, start a thread on it. If that one fizzles, in a day or so take a different tack and start another. Keep contributing yourself. Try to be funny or insightful or thought-provoking.

-If there's something being discussed that you're tired of, mark those threads "ignore" and don't contribute to them!

-Ditto if there are posters you think are going overboard on a topic or don't find interesting.

Because, you know, barging into a group at a party where people are having a lively discussion about something that apparently interests them and saying "you should all spend your time and energy talking about something else" is always so effective as a party conversation changer, y'know?

I would definitely take Alexander the Great as HC. Like you said, he might not know X's and O's but he was a visionary planner and great leader of men.

Then again, maybe Patton would be a better choice since he could speak English which would probably be a requirement.

I would definitely take Alexander the Great as HC. Like you said, he might not know X's and O's but he was a visionary planner and great leader of men.

Then again, maybe Patton would be a better choice since he could speak English which would probably be a requirement.

lol

Alexander the Great would have the credentials too...

Player: Who are you?

Alexander: I conquered everything we knew of before I was older than most of you. Now let's conquer New England*!

lol

Alexander the Great would have the credentials too...

Player: Who are you?

Alexander: I conquered everything we knew of before I was older than most of you. Now let's conquer New England*!

Let's not forget Genghis Khan. With Subodai as offensive coordinator. They invented the hurry-up offense.

You are of course wrong: http://www.napoleon-series.org/(click through to the forum). The threads on Talleyrand and the one entitled "Westphalian regiments in Spain" have it going on today.

You are of course wrong: http://www.napoleon-series.org/(click through to the forum). The threads on Talleyrand and the one entitled "Westphalian regiments in Spain" have it going on today.

"We have a very active discussion forum with a searchable archives of over 85,000 messages dating back to 2001"

That's "active?" I probably have more than that all on my own...

"We have a very active discussion forum with a searchable archives of over 85,000 messages dating back to 2001"

That's "active?" I probably have more than that all on my own...

:lol:

To be fair, developing an opinion on the Peninsular Campaign is harder to do than forming one on Dave Wannstedt.

Edited by dave mcbride