Overplayed his hand - M.Mehta with another gem

Reed83HOF

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-no-jets-hurry-coach-gm-article-1.2065829

Doug Marrone, the perceived front-runner, has no real market for his services.

The Falcons are slated to interview him Monday, but the Jets shouldn’t feel any sense of urgency to procure him. He’s not exactly the Falcons’ top choice, according to league sources. The Bears were reportedly interested, but seeing is believing there. Marrone isn’t scheduled for an interview in Chicago.

Memo to Woody Johnson: Marrone needs you. You don’t need him.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Ohio State needs to hire a OC in the offseason.

Sorry I could barely type that I was laughing so hard thinking about Urban's perception of the "Dougg-ernaut" offense.

Urban would never hire Marrone as his OC (thankfully). Can you imagine St. Doug's head spinning as Urban taught him offense? Marrone would be like, "where are all of the oversized slow TEs? We need to get more of them on the field."

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Urban would never hire Marrone as his OC (thankfully). Can you imagine St. Doug's head spinning as Urban taught him offense? Marrone would be like, "where are all of the oversized slow TEs? We need to get more of them on the field."

Urbs: "What is a "slow" TE, Doug?"

Urbs: "What is a "slow" TE, Doug?"

I mean this in the nicest of ways but Marrone is simply not intelligent enough to grasp Urban's offensive concepts. He would never be able to comprehend all of the motion and misdirection, nor the changing pace, formations and personnel groupings. It is just more than St. Doug could ever process. Thankfully Urban is too intelligent to ever consider that guy for his staff.

I mean this in the nicest of ways but Marrone is simply not intelligent enough to grasp Urban's offensive concepts. He would never be able to comprehend all of the motion and misdirection, nor the changing pace, formations and personnel groupings. It is just more than St. Doug could ever process. Thankfully Urban is too intelligent to ever consider that guy for his staff.

Urban's face when asked if he would consider Doug for his staff:

B6UsyzwIYAAI6iR.jpg

Edited by YoloinOhio

Jim Mora w/the right DC & OC combination could be an ideal candidate for the Jets (sure as h*ll beats abandon ship Marrone, his inept OC Hackett and the resurrection of Orton from retirement for the third time in as many years). The Jets fans deserve much better than that trio.

I was in Marrone's corner but I hope he's reading this board with his head on fire.

I was the same way. Brandon must be really pissed given the way he has sponsored Marrone and got stabbed in the back.

I think casserly made it sound like the job's his if he wants it. And marrone figured great I get paid 2x in 2015 and I'm with a head guy I get along better with. Then at least some in the NY media got a hold if it and are trying to derail it .... IMO rightly so. I wonder if Marrone had the chance to go back in time knowing what he knows now if he'd still opt out

Edited by JTSP