Who do you want to be named next Bills HC?

YoloinOhio

New Bills Head Coach  

294 members have voted

1. 1. Of the current candidates, who do you hope is hired to be HC?

• Dan Quinn, DC Seattle
    • Pep Hamilton, OC Indianapolis
    • Darrell Bevell, OC Seattle
    • Frank Reich, OC San Diego
    • Adam Gase, OC Denver
    • Jim Schwartz, DC Buffalo
    • Mike Shanahan, former HC of Raiders, Broncos, Redskins
    • Rex Ryan, former HC of Jets
    • Josh McDaniels, OC Pats*
    • Hue Jackson, OC Bengals
    • Teryl Austin, DC Detroit
    • Pat Shurmur, OC Eagles
    • Kyle Shanahan, OC Cleveland
    • Greg Roman, OC San Francisco

Agreed, with a caveat. He obviously needs to have a plan at O-Co in order to make the offer.

Re-no more money for Scwartz withthe same amount of years.

Make Donnie Henderson or Pepper Johnson D-Co.

The problem is finding a new OC.

Basically, the candidate you choose must have the best plan at QB/O-Co.

I'm not worried about the Defense, with that Defensive line. Any competent D-Co can make that defense work.

The Front 7 is a strength and the Back 4 are quality.

Worst case if Schwartz did leave any D-Co would job at the opportunity to be the D-Co with that roster.

It would take a dinosaur from 80s to screw that roster up (WanStache I'm looking at you.)

lol who remembers this thread?

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/167234-is-jim-schwartz-a-dinosaur/?fromsearch=1

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the Photoshop job.

When Pettine and Byrd left, I thought no big deal.

When they hired Schwartz I believe the majority of us thought, 1 and done until he gets a HC interview.

So if Schwartz left after this year I think it would just meet expectations for most.

As far as the defense performance on the field, I would prefer if Schwartz stays but I'm not going to sweat it too much. The team is majorly talented, plus they get Kiko back.

Kiko and Brown behind Kyle, Dareus, and Mario is all the core of a killer difference. Plus Aaron Williams has turned into the on the field general of the secondary. You don't need a D-Co with that crew they can call the plays themselves.

The D-Co's job is just to not screw it up.

Scwartz also allows Pegula a shorter ramp to tear down the FO if he wants to bring in a Czar and re organize.

You can **** can Schwartz after two years as HC and it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

If you bring a new guy, then restructure then **** can the new guy after a season or two, the Bills organization looks like crap.

The problem now, is if you interview the entire cast of Ben Hur (which is happening now) then you choose Schwartz it looks like no one wanted the job and Schwartz was the last man standing.

New TBD fan poll.... let's hear it

Names listed are those who have been reported as confirmed interviews with Bills, or the Bills having interest in.

Bevell assuming he'll take the job and says the right stuff about working with Schwartz and defensive continuity

Schwartz if not assuming he has good ideas about how to fix the O and who to bring in as OC

Why not a lot of support for McDaniel? He's a great offensive mind and he would certainly be able to help us vs the Pats twice a year. He might be young to be a head coach and I would rather he be offensive coordinator, but if the only way to get him is to give him head coach then do that and make Schwartz assistant head coach and in charge of everything on the defensive side.

Even though I would prefer an offensive minded head coach under the circumstances, I had to vote for Quinn.

I think Schwartz has been solid as our DC. He implemented a new defensive system, despite the successes we had the year before, and created player buy-in and made it work almost instantly. Paired with with a good OC, he could win some games. But his failure in Detroit worries me.

It's hard to evaluate Gase when a superstar veteran runs his offense. Of course it's productive.

I think Frank Reich might be a good HC someday but right now, Yikes!, his resume is thin.

I think the Lions are still topping up Schwartz...that is paying the difference between his bills salary and what he was making as HC. Hence, if Schwartz asks for his release....and it is granted....he will be fully paid by the Lions. A deal as good as Marrone has btw. Now, if Schwartz is passed over for HC, imho, he will ask for his release and let the new annointed guy pick his own DC......that is pickup his marbles and go home, as they say. Schwartz came here to be HC...make no mistake...in fact, I speculate that he knew about the Marrone "clause" and thought his chances were the best being the "in house" candidate for HC. Didn't you wonder about the lightning quick timing of Schwartz arrival after Pettine left? I did not understand, really, until the Marrone clause became public......anyhow, thats how I am reading the tea leaves.

I have been saying Pat Shurmur for months. I am glad he is getting an opportunity to interview. He is a realistic option for the Bills with HC experience who never got a fair shot in CLE. Research his complete background before you declare him a typical retread. Mike Shanahan is a retread with a Napoleon complex.

I would like to know why Trestmen once again is on the out side looking in ? The guy is a offensive coach both QB's & a coordinator for years in the NFL & isn't that where our team needs the most help is at QB & the offense ?

Seems like a no brainer to me , put Schwartz as the HC to keep the D the same & keep him happy & bring in a Trestmen or some one that has his kind of resume .

Done deal !!

This

I was somewhat surprised that last time I looked, 85% were in favor of the hire. When was the last time that happened? Before never?

In Pegula We Trust?

Btw, we are right now getting a look at Adam Gase's O without a great QB. And, Colts D has not been good all year

Meh