What a circus!

finn

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I could have had my wish after the season was over, it would have been for Marrone and Hackett and Morris to be gone, a new QB to be brought in to fight for the starting job regardless of who was left over, Whaley to be put in charge of the team and established as the GM, Schwartz to stay, and the Pegulas to go out and get the best new coach they and Whaley could find, throwing money at that guy as well as Schwartz to stay, even if it meant Schwartz was the new HC, which I have no problem with.

I love this circus.

Me too. Well said.

It certainly an interesting dynamic. The Pegula's are new to football, however, Terry Pegula has played in the big leagues in terms of managment situations. He will look around and make the decisions on his new leadership, with the advice of football people. It will come out OK....in the long term. But, within the time frame of this great defense being able to sustain and take us to a playoff....not so sure. The Bills have Schwartz for two more years by contract.....and, I guess, could hold him. But, I think the Lions are still "topping off" his salary.....and he wants to be be a HC again. So, may be all new coaching leadership in the short/medium term. Folks, I am really really tired of starting over. Will do the season tickets next year, and if they don't progress positively, I am going to dump'em!

"Circus?" LOL! Everything is going great, whether planned or not. Orton, Marrone, and Hackett being gone are addition by subtraction because they were part of the biggest problems of the team. The Bills still have their defense and ST's entirely intact. And Orton and Marrone leaving apparently made Polian decide it wouldn't be "fun" to join the Bills, so that was another bullet dodged.

I agree with the doc. This is already the most exciting off-season in, what, 20 years?

This is great! Can't wait to see how it unfolds.

I dont and Ive written my posts to reflect that. However, out of all the garbage that is leaking and being reported, none of it states there were any negotiations, rather that Marrone was just told "Not yet". I could be wrong, of course. We'll never know.

Actually, one of the first media reports on the situation was that Marrone was asking for extensions for his staff. Your entire premise is based upon the wild speculation that it was the Bills who were asshats(not negotiating) when it could easily have been Marrone who was the asshat(insisting Hackett gets an extension).

I agree with the doc. This is already the most exciting off-season in, what, 20 years?

This is great! Can't wait to see how it unfolds.

Yup, as long they don't hire Shannahan.

Actually, one of the first media reports on the situation was that Marrone was asking for extensions for his staff. Your entire premise is based upon the wild speculation that it was the Bills who were asshats(not negotiating) when it could easily have been Marrone who was the asshat(insisting Hackett gets an extension).

You are correct.

I like your take, and it is hopeful. What i don't like is, and I posted in another thread, if it's true the HC will report to Pegulas, then Polian/Marrone comments help undermine Whaley's influence.

I also find that part worrisome. You would think that Whaley takes it as a slap in the face. But there are a couple teams that have gone further (most recently Philly) where the GM (or the person with those duties, whatever the title) reports to the Head Coach.