[closed]What if Marrone doesn't get hired?

Never underestimate the power of the Ownership blackball, The word can travel quickly.........don't hire this guy!

He called a prospective President of the team then trashed the franchise.....DO NOT HIRE HIM!!

He may also be viewed as a quitter......not exactly the guy to instill trust with the players

Edited by HOUSE

I don't see what appeal he has for being hired as a hc. He was clearly out coached in games he should have won, he was carried by a defense which he had little to do with, his offense regressed under him, his specialty with the oline made good players average. So his resume should say I make bad teams average and good players average. If going 8-5 as a head coach of syracuse means you can waltz around the NFL as a head coach than coaching is becoming a weatherman type job where you can be wrong everyday and still have a job

Edited by BILLriant

My prediction is that he'll end up getting hired for a couple of years and then fired because of the same issues that we've had with him.

His gametime decisions are questionable and so are his personnel decisions (Hackett, Caveman, Urbik, etc).

His attitude is where the desire to have him as a coach comes from, but as we know, that can also be a negative in this media hyped, PC world.

He is a quitter, he holds a grudge like a woman and he has no loyalty. Just a few days earlier, he "joked" with the media that buffalo was stuck with him for another year. Who would hire this guy? He hasn't really done anything impressive sincenter he arrived.

he's a rat too

A source close to the situation told The News that executives from previous owner Ralph Wilson’s regime – eager to maintain their power – badmouthed Polian in Marrone’s presence during the season. After Marrone exercised his exit clause Wednesday, he told Polian what he’d heard. Polian relayed that information while informing Terry Pegula on Thursday of his decision to remain an ESPN analyst, the source said.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/pegulas-get-involved-as-bills-begin-coaching-search-20150102

He is a quitter, he holds a grudge like a woman and he has no loyalty. Just a few days earlier, he "joked" with the media that buffalo was stuck with him for another year. Who would hire this guy? He hasn't really done anything impressive sincenter he arrived.

Thats awesome....and very true.

My worry is that teams will slow down and think this all through...and then not hire him. See, I REALLY want him to get the Jets job.

That he is any sort of "hot" candidate shows how little the rest of the league thinks of Buffalo. This is one time I hope that perception persists.

My worry is that teams will slow down and think this all through...and then not hire him. See, I REALLY want him to get the Jets job.

That he is any sort of "hot" candidate shows how little the rest of the league thinks of Buffalo. This is one time I hope that perception persists.

I don't know. Woody probably got a chub when he heard the news about Maroon leaving because his squad just kicked the **** out of the NYETS twice this year. Just like Fitz really wanting to win the Buffalo game this year, those two against Gangrene probably meant more to St. Dog. This kind of thing happens. Ralphie had a thing about Miami because he wanted that franchise in 1959, but was denied it and settled for Buffalo's.

Haha; great take. I would love to see him get the jets job too. Let's see him bring his attacking offense to New Jersey!!