When did you first start to dislike Marrone?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanna revise a little more history? Say you hated the hire from Day 1 and you knew he sucked. Go big!

Are you looking up everyones old posts? Or are you just picking on TC today? :/

Edited by mastershake

last season.. after watching our receivers running sloppy routes, and dragging defenders into each others routes - he threw receivers coach Ike Hilliard under the bus, rather than own up to the fact that all this took place on Hackett's watch.

wouldn't that be Hillard's fault and getting rid of him was the smart thing to do.

I was all for keeping him around. Too many coaching changes have been a big part of the problem with the Bills.

Can't say I liked his game management, or his OC, or the state of the OL .... BUT, I felt the team was improving.

I was surprised by the opt out clause. I expected Polian to come in and consult/ advise, especially after reading that he likes Marrone.

Doug left due to greed, thin skin, uncertainty, greener grass in NYC, and a bad relationship with the GM and possibly others.

Polian is not coming because the Bills now need more than consulting and he is not up for it. Don't believe the crap about him listening to Doug trash the team.

This could be a great opportunity to improve our coaching staff, or not. Never a dull moment with this team. Someday maybe the excitement will actually be on the playing field.

Go Bills!

Hey Firechan, thanks for the research into my posts. I am a Bills fan, and I root for them to win football games. If he's in charge, I'm going to support him. Like him or not. When Chan was in charge, I rooted for victory. But I pay attention to what's going on.

I didn't say I hated the hire from day one. I said I was a bit underwhelmed. That ain't hate. My dislike started to emerge when he did those things in camp. But if that's what he uses to motivate people....he is our coach. Like I said in another post.....9-7 not too bad. If you want to look at more of my BS, you'll see I have been asking for a new OC and OL coach for a long time. I've supported the talent on that line (3 all americans drafted last year, why did they lose their ability?). I was hoping that we would bring in anybody to get those guys to play together.

When I read that Marrone was chastising Hughes publicly, I did not like that. A short time later he allegedly blew up on the sidelines to Whaley. That's not cool. Not cool at all. In fact, if you want to do more research, and I hope you don't because it's a waste of time, you'll see that I criticized his press conferences too, as having absolutely nothing to say. I hated the punts on 4th down. I thought they were gutless and compared them to Gregg Williams punting on 4th and 2 from New England's 31 yard line in 2004, which I believe may have killed my mom.

I'm not some idiotic kid. I asked a question. When did you first start to dislike Doug Marrone. I never was fully on board, but when he told Hughes he didn't have to be on our team I started to dislike the guy. Please post some more of my thoughts if you please. I don't see any reason to question what I said. It's all consistent.

Not to get into semantics but....

That's when I disliked the guy.

I can't make up my mind if I like the guy or not.

Sorry man, not trying to single you out. You're definitely not the only one.

Firechan, you got me. Semantics.

I wanted to support him, even though he creeped me out. I am glad he's gone, really. I think he's a bit of a psycho.

We're all here because we are Bills fans. Man, if we met, I'd buy you a beer and we'd probably have more in common than you think.

As someone who watched the Bills games with TC, I can confirm that he hated Doug, and Hackett, and Orton with all of his might.

I still don't hate him; not until some of what we've heard the past two days is confirmed.

I don't like him, however. Pretty much ambivalent. An offensive mind who put together a ****ty offense and got to a winning season on the back of his DC.

He really started to irk me this past training camp when he was riding guys like Hughes and Woods. Just didn't understand it. I'm glad he left. It might be a little chaotic right now but I believe Pegula and Co. will build off the progress that the team has made.

I'm a wait and see type of guy, and when I saw him on the practice field tutoring Colin Brown and others I said OK, now lets see what happens.

Six games into the 2013 season Colin Brown was so bad he was cut off the team, and Doug Legursky took over at LG. I knew right then and there he was a poser.

As someone who watched the Bills games with TC, I can confirm that he hated Doug, and Hackett, and Orton with all of his might.

Now Bob, I have been watching the Bills with you for years. You are probably my best Bills Fan Friend. But I never said I hated Doug or Orton. Hackett, yes he had to go. I accepted Marrone as the coach and supported him. Orton just puzzled me. He had ability at times, but his best attribute seemed to be throwing the ball at Fred Jackson's feet.

As soon as I heard the Bills hired a coach from Syracuse, thats when I started to dislike him. Syracuse football stinks! Always has.... always will. I'm glad he's gone. Now take Hackett with you too, you friggin bunch of conservative pansies!!

I can't understand those saying that Marrone is somehow disloyal, weak, etc., for leaving the Bills. Take the emotion out of it and how is it not an incredibly easy economic decision for him? That $4MM can go straight to the bank and take care of his children and grandchildren. If someone told you today that you could be cut a check for one year's pay and go find a comparable job tomorrow, what would you say?

At training camp he never stopped to talk to the fans before or after practice always said he had a press conference. I use the say the fans are more important but he keep waddling away. Screw him

I defended him until yesterday.

Same^ I understood him for some weird reason but I always thought of him as a prick. Who cares if we improve. We were trending up overall and didn't see the sense in bashing him. I thought it would be all great as long as we got a new OC and some better guards. Now... I HATE HIM WITH THE FIRE OF 1000 SUNS

He really started to irk me this past training camp when he was riding guys like Hughes and Woods. Just didn't understand it. I'm glad he left. It might be a little chaotic right now but I believe Pegula and Co. will build off the progress that the team has made.

i didn't understand the Mike Williams situation (can we try him again?!). He was too 'my way or the highway for the pros. The more I think about it 1) sitting Urbik for too long 2)letting stevie go 3) Mike Williams ... Seemed like he would tell Whaley "go ahead bring in whoever you want then if you aren't going to me about it anyway. Doesn't mean I'm going to play them". That's the feeling I got that made me think of him as a prick