So Hackett is gone for sure now?

the bills retain custody for now. the lil' guy must be an emotional wreck with papa marrone leaving so abruptly.

Well he should take him with him because he was such a studly O coordinator .

I wonder what other team will snatch him up if marrone doesn't take him to where ever he lands ..

Edited by T master

I have a feeling Hackett will be a decent OC in the future, but right now he needs to be an assistant sort or something.

His run design, and blocking schemes (at least with our talent) have been a mess. On the other hand, our receivers get open (but our QB ignores them), and the package plays truly fool defenses at times. So it's not all negative.

He also seems like a fun, generally likeable guy, unlike Marrone... so hopefully he can develop as a coach, and have a nice career.... just not here... at least for right now.

Having Hackett as OC was like having Jauron as Head Coach... whatever you did after that was going to be some kind of positive improvement no matter what. I have to believe that with some smart FA moves, a competition HC and OC, we should be able to garner more than 9 wins next year if we can hold this team together defensively. Even IF EJ is the guy at QB.

He is long gone. And when Marrone interviews I guarantee one of the stipulations will be that he CANNOT BRING HACKETT! I really think Marrone opting out is for the best. And I really think Whaley wanted Marrone to fire Hackett and that started the whole rift. All speculation of course but what my educated guess is.

We can only hope the NY Jets hire Marrone, and he steals Hackett away from us.... I for one would be so heartbroken :w00t:

The Bills would have to give him permission to speak to other teams. If Marrone wants him he could offer him an assistant HC job and that promotion would generally allow him to move elsewhere. If I was the Bills I'd try to squeeze a 6th or 7th rounder out of the Jets for the fun of it. Just to mess with Marrone if he wants Hackett so badly.

But on the other hand, letting him go more or less guarantees the Jets offense will be horrible. The other option is for Pegula to just eat the contract, let him sit at home, and hire another OC.

One thing for sure, we don't want Hackett here in 2015 no matter what.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

The Bills would have to give him permission to speak to other teams. If Marrone wants him he could offer him an assistant HC job and that promotion would generally allow him to move elsewhere. If I was the Bills I'd try to squeeze a 6th or 7th rounder out of the Jets for the fun of it. Just to mess with Marrone if he wants Hackett so badly.

But on the other hand, letting him go more or less guarantees the Jets offense will be horrible. The other option is for Pegula to just eat the contract, let him sit at home, and hire another OC.

One thing for sure, we don't want Hackett here in 2015 no matter what.

They can fire him and pay his chump change journeyman salary