Do the Pagula's have a Plan?

gjv001

Looks like they do, as they didn't want to give Hackett an extension :wub:

:lol:

What about Reich, guy is mensa so more brains would be a plus in this organization.

This was a power play by Marrone that he lost which I think speaks volumes about the Pegulas.

Hire Reich and keep Schwartz...wouldn't everyone be happy with that?

such as ...

I am glad Morrone is gone. Why would a head coach ask for a contract extension based on a 9 - 7 record, with a team that should have been at least 11 - 5. Let him prove himself first. Also, he breached common business protocol by taking the Orton retirement to Pagula himself. That info should have traveled to Whaley and then to Brandon and then to Pagula. What Marrone did was disrepectful of the organization and clearly shows he is not a team player. I also wonder if Pagula indicated that Hackett had to go and Marrone wouuld not do it.

:lol:

What about Reich, guy is mensa so more brains would be a plus in this organization.

such as ...

Do you really need it explained to you? Common sense should give you all you need

This was a power play by Marrone that he lost which I think speaks volumes about the Pegulas.

What? He asked for an extension, didn't get it, and by opting out he got an additional $4 million dollars (per NFL.com).

Knowing this now, I don't see how he WOULDN'T opt-out. Good for him.

If this was Pegula's way of pushing him out, good for him too, but I don't think it's a power play by anyone. All parties probably ended up satisfied here.

What? He asked for an extension, didn't get it, and by opting out he got an additional $4 million dollars (per NFL.com).

Knowing this now, I don't see how he WOULDN'T opt-out. Good for him.

If this was Pegula's way of pushing him out, good for him too, but I don't think it's a power play by anyone. All parties probably ended up satisfied here.

Absolutely.

GO BILLS!!!

Marrone going wasn't a great thing, but his OC & O line coach going will be.

Buddy Nix won't be given a new contract, and he will finally be gone.

Bill Polian is expected to be the new president of football operations late Jan.

Then there is this~ :worthy:

"During a midseason appearance on PFT Live, Tim Graham of the Buffalo Newssuggested that the Pegulas would pursue Bill Cowher, if/when a coaching vacancy arises. The former Steelers coach, who led the team to a Super Bowl win nine years ago, has from time to time mused about a return. Now eight years removed from the sidelines, his name rarely comes up as a viable candidate for vacant jobs."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/31/whats-next-for-the-bills/

Let's see buys the team, never gives a public vote of confidence for Marrone, Knows about buyout clause, gets 4 million dollars of positive

PR from fan and media for not having to fire a 9-7 coach who has been praised for effort thru Bills turmoil of a season

A self made Billionaire, plan you bet-cha and a 4 million dollar fall guy-sweet

Edited by rumblefish

It's been reported that Marrone was unsuccessful in his attempt to obtain contract extensions for him and his staff from the Pagula's. Do the Pagula's have a plan?

yes, not to keep the egotistical maniac and his minion Hackett on long term when their offense stinks.