How about Michael Sam?

Joaquin1119

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look if I was at a bar playing sports trivia and you asked me to name SEC DPOY's over the last decade, of course I would've guessed some of those names- Peterson, Berry, McClain, Willis, probably Dorsey. Certainly you have been able to deduce from my posting history that I am a knowledgeable football fan. Do I watch the SEC DPOY award ceremony every year or pay any attention to who wins the award? Of course not. So if that is your point, you win.

EDIT: But I just don't understand your point! If the Bills were scouting out a QB from, I don't know, Central Michigan and you happened to hear that he was the MAAC offensive player of the year, would you say "oh that's a nice award, I'm a little more interested now" or would you say, "nope, don't know who has won past awards so I cannot like that he won that award, sorry."

I wouldn't create a topic and opine that he deserves to be a Bill because of it.

I wouldn't create a topic and opine that he deserves to be a Bill because of it.

I would hope not. Nor did I create a topic and opine that the Bills should take a look at Michael Sam. Nor do I want them to. But just because people don't adamantly follow who wins the SEC DPOY every year does not invalidate or cheapen the award- as evidenced by the great players who won it every year from 2005-2012. All of whom except two, Buffalo Joe has never heard of.

I would hope not. Nor did I create a topic and opine that the Bills should take a look at Michael Sam. Nor do I want them to. But just because people don't adamantly follow who wins the SEC DPOY every year does not invalidate or cheapen the award- as evidenced by the great players who won it every year from 2005-2012. All of whom except two, Buffalo Joe has never heard of.

Michael Sam hasn't even played 14 games yet. Can we really assess a player with less than 14 games under his belt?

Michael Sam hasn't even played 14 games yet. Can we really assess a player with less than 14 games under his belt?

We should probably just end this thread on that note. In all seriousness, I sincerely hope that the people who are certain he has nothing to give in the NFL after, again, a pretty good preseason with the Rams last year, are not the same people who have these magical dreams of EJ becoming good someday.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

It's a truism that DEs tend to get more sacks against weak opponents than strong ones. It's also true that DEs often get sacks in spurts.

Should we deduct all of Bruce Smith's multi-sack games from his totals? And all his sacks against weaker opponents?

I'm not convinced that Sam is an NFL talent but your argument doesn't convince me he's not.

Cool man. Look at it how you want. But I implore you to find me a season where Bruce Smith had 78% of his sacks in 3 games against his weakest opponents. Or are you just another guy who takes every discussion to their extreme to make an invalid point too?

And my argument doesn't need to prove that to you, the fact that he's been cut by 2 NFL teams and can't find a job besides dancing on tv should prove that to you. I was just saying that when the OP said he completely dominated in the SEC, that was an utterly false statement.

Edited by Mark80

Had his sexuality never garnered him so much attention, I belive he wouldn't have even been drafted.

Somehow like, Tebow his legend has become that of a clear cut superstar who can't catch a fair chance because of their "social status".

It's like being perplexed Paris hilton or Kim kardashian aren't winning oscars.

Had his sexuality never garnered him so much attention, I belive he wouldn't have even been drafted.

Somehow like, Tebow his legend has become that of a clear cut superstar who can't catch a fair chance because of their "social status".

It's like being perplexed Paris hilton or Kim kardashian aren't winning oscars.

Wow. So you actually think his draft stock went up due to his sexuality? Interesting, you are the first person I've ever heard say that ever. Presumably because teams were eager to bring the controversy and media attention that he would inevitably bring into their locker room?

Wow. So you actually think his draft stock went up due to his sexuality? Interesting, you are the first person I've ever heard say that ever. Presumably because teams were eager to bring the controversy and media attention that he would inevitably bring into their locker room?

Because the NFL hates media attention.

To say we are set at DE is a complete unknown. At this time nobody knows who the 3-4 DE's are. DareuS and who else? The 4-3 DE's are obvious.

They need to bring in at least one or two more DE's. If they had lost Hughes then a pass rusher like Sam would have been wise.

Now I,think however they need to add a 280 lb run stuffer in the second or third round.

To say we are set at DE is a complete unknown. At this time nobody knows who the 3-4 DE's are. DareuS and who else? The 4-3 DE's are obvious.

They need to bring in at least one or two more DE's. If they had lost Hughes then a pass rusher like Sam would have been wise.

Now I,think however they need to add a 280 lb run stuffer in the second or third round.

"A pass rusher like Sam" is never wise BECAUSE HE'S NOT VERY GOOD. It's like saying "we could really use a pass rusher like Aaron Maybin."

Die thread. DIE!

Agreed. Whoops.

Because the NFL hates media attention.

Yes the NFL likes attention. They loved the drafting of Michael Sam. That does not mean that individual teams want unnecessary attention like a marginal NFL talent being the focus of their offseason because he is a gay man. So the NFL liking the attention and individual teams not wanting the attention are not mutually exclusive concepts. Get it?