Marrone/Whaley season ending PC today @3PM

Exactly. Why the heck is Marrone playing Pears at guard? Or musical chairs with the rest of the line? He was handed a semi competent OL and turned it into one of the worst units in the league.

Yep. It's impossible for the line to be an excuse for Marrone. His coaching "specialty" aside, we know what the players were capable of.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether we all like or hate Orton, or whether you love or hate EJ, I think we can all agree that what you say here is correct.

There is no doubt about that whatsoever. I am not sure of Orton's career earnings or well he has managed his money, but he obviously wanted to pad his retirement nest egg with 1 more big pay day this year and he most certainly did not want to live the rest of his life with a messed up knee or whatever.

While this is not exactly the Jim Kelly Warrior school of football or a particularly likable move on Orton's part, you can see what he was doing and why. I still don't like it though.

Everybody retires eventually.

Orton leaves Buffalo with a winning record. Sadly, not many former Buffalo QBs can say that.

I wish him well.

what to make of this chain of command issue

marrone was texting Pegula directly informing him of Orton's decision to retire

I thought this was kind of strange too. It's smacks of "look at me boss, I know everything". This should have been a discussion between Pegula and Whaley.

I thought this was kind of strange too. It's smacks of "look at me boss, I know everything". This should have been a discussion between Pegula and Whaley.

i'm going a different way...

he already knows he's staying when polian comes in (who said marrone should be considered head coach of the year) and was given the contact info by terry himself.

it's whaley (who seemed nervous today) who is on the hot seat with Polian's son as GM.

Whether we all like or hate Orton, or whether you love or hate EJ, I think we can all agree that what you say here is correct.

There is no doubt about that whatsoever. I am not sure of Orton's career earnings or well he has managed his money, but he obviously wanted to pad his retirement nest egg with 1 more big pay day this year and he most certainly did not want to live the rest of his life with a messed up knee or whatever.

While this is not exactly the Jim Kelly Warrior school of football or a particularly likable move on Orton's part, you can see what he was doing and why. I still don't like it though.

just putting this out there.. KO may have had his bell rung at some point preceding all those odd reactions to potential contact. anyone who's ever been on queer street knows your first reaction is to cover up.

One thing that was interesting to me, was Whaley using the term "regressed" multiple times when talking about Offensive players. I hope he sees that pattern and they do something to improve the coaching on that side of the ball (OC and OL).

Another thing they could look at doing, if they dont can Hackett, is what Dallas has done over the past couple of years. They've brought in 2-3 additional coaches to help with playcalling and gameplanning, while keeping the existing coaches, and it certainly paid off this year.

Didn't we do that last off season?

Didn't we do that last off season?

Yep, and Dallas did it 3 years in a row before they found a combo that worked.

the more coaches the better, it can't hurt

but what has paid off for dallas is 3 first round offensive lineman opening holes and protecting a franchise QB.

Perhaps that helped, but I would say that the focus on fixing their OLine and commitment and ability to run Demarco Murray were primarily responsible. That said, I would be ecstatic if the bills brought in a new OL coach and someone to look over Hacket's shoulder, assuming they intend to keep him.

Both of you make great points about their Offensive line. It was definitely the reason they were able to be so successful in the run game, and therefore on Offense in general.

Where I think the new coaches came in was getting them to actually stick to the run and not out-smart themselves in Garrett's historically pass-happy offense.

They had Garrett, Callahan, and then brought in Linehan to help in the passing game, and had a change up in who was calling plays.

I watched Hackett abandon the run when it was working too many times this year. And even worse, abandon it for 2 horrible pass plays, and then punt.

If they keep Hackett, Id like to see someone with some clout come in as OL coach and "Run Game Coordinator" or something like that.