Bledsoe update

COACH85

I'm guessing the Blesoe decision will be announced sometime in the beginning of next week. The Super Bowl is taking all the headlines and rightfully so. I imagine Tom D. will wait until next week to make the decision public.

I'm really excited because as much as I like Bledsoe as a person, he doesn't have the skills and qualities needed to take the Bills to the next step. Although Losman will go through some growing pains, their is no doubt the talent is there and while Bledsoe has peaked, the sky is the limit for Losman...............not to mention it will be much more exciting to watch Losman run an offense then Bledsoe. The best part of all this will be not having to watch Bledsoe talk the talk before a big game against a solid team, only to see him come up with a horrific performance time and time again and then say "we all played bad" when most of it was a direct result of his poor play. Lets face it, our defense is AWESOME, but when the offense can't get first downs and turns the ball over against good teams (like is always the case with a Bledsoe led team), the defense is constantly on the field and eventually it wears down and the good teams pull away from the Bills.

I fully believe that we are one good strong quarterback away from winning a Super Bowl. Although its way too early to annoint Losman as that kind of quarterback, its a hell of alot better chance to go with him then the likes of a Drew Bledsoe.

Also, I sure wish we didn't extend Bledsoe's contract last year.....................we would have had that extra cap money THIS year to re-sign Williams and Jennings without a problem.

P.S. How about that great kicker from Ohio St. to be our second or third round pick? He kicks the heck out of the ball from all distances and Lindell needs to go.

Kickers don't usually go that high but the reports on him all have him going easily on Day 1 of the draft.

P.S. How about that great kicker from Ohio St. to be our second or third round pick?  He kicks the heck out of the ball from all distances and Lindell needs to go.

Kickers don't usually go that high but the reports on him all have him going easily on Day 1 of the draft.

228270[/snapback]

Great idea...I wonder why no one has thought of that yet.

:lol:

The kicker is Mike Nugent

I'm guessing the Blesoe decision will be announced sometime in the beginning of next week.  The Super Bowl is taking all the headlines and rightfully so.  I imagine Tom D. will wait until next week to make the decision public.

I'm really excited because as much as I like Bledsoe as a person, he doesn't have the skills and qualities needed to take the Bills to the next step.  Although Losman will go through some growing pains, their is no doubt the talent is there and while Bledsoe has peaked, the sky is the limit for Losman...............not to mention it will be much more exciting to watch Losman run an offense then Bledsoe.  The best part of all this will be not having to watch Bledsoe talk the talk before a big game against a solid team, only to see him come up with a horrific performance time and time again and then say "we all played bad" when most of it was a direct result of his poor play.  Lets face it, our defense is AWESOME, but when the offense can't get first downs and turns the ball over against good teams (like is always the case with a Bledsoe led team),  the defense is constantly on the field and eventually it wears down and the good teams pull away from the Bills.

I fully believe that we are one good strong quarterback away from winning a Super Bowl.  Although its way too early to annoint Losman as that kind of quarterback, its a hell of alot better chance to go with him then the likes of a Drew Bledsoe. 

Also, I sure wish we didn't extend Bledsoe's contract last year.....................we would have had that extra cap money THIS year to re-sign Williams and Jennings without a problem.

P.S. How about that great kicker from Ohio St. to be our second or third round pick?  He kicks the heck out of the ball from all distances and Lindell needs to go.

228270[/snapback]

How about that great kicker from Ohio St. to be our second or third round pick?  He kicks the heck out of the ball from all distances and Lindell needs to go.

228270[/snapback]

No way... we signed Owen Pochman. We're set at K for awhile. :lol:

Hey Jerky, "a couple of weeks" from a January 20th post means a decision is very possible next week. For you to respond "wtf" just because of someones opinion translates into YOU needing to relax and take a chill pill. If you get that uptight over somebody elses opinion, you must really be a miserable person.

A Solution Looming For Bills Quarterback Spot?

Joshua Gregory - Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 4:47 PM

(WGR 550)-Buffalo Bills General Manager Tom Donahoe made an appearance on ESPN's Mike and Mike in the Morning show today and addressed a number of issues on the team.

He said that the team will be addressing whom will start at quarterback for the 2005 season in the next couple of weeks. Donahoe commented that both Drew Bledsoe and J.P. Lossman bring different intangibles to the game and that the Bills need to make a decision as to where the team is headed.

Donahoe also spoke about the status of running back Travis Henry. While the team gave Henry's agent permission to seek out possible trades with other teams last week, Donahoe stressed that any moves would obviously need to benefit the team overall and not just any deal would be approved.

Dude wtf!!

TD says a decision will be make in the weeks ahead and you all think "OMG 2 weekS" deadline is up WHERE IS THE DECISION.

It is going to be awhile yet.  R E L A X

228296[/snapback]

I thought I remembered TD saying a that they would come to a decision on the QB situation within two weeks, specifically. That only implied that the Bills would decide within two weeks, not that Drew (if given the less play, less play option) would have made his decision within two weeks. It seems that there are so many wishing Drew were gone, that they are just assuming that he is being forced out. TD is very careful, normally, about the way he phrases things. One of the many "NFL insiders" on FOX SPORTS radio said, earlier this week, that as of yet, the Bills had not asked Bledsoe to take a pay cut. This implies to me, one of three things:

#1- they are going to stand pat (not likely IMO)

#2- they are not feeling rushed to make a decision (which in itself implies that they are maybe not as anxious to see Bledsoe gone, as many fans seem to be), and are trying to work up a contract proposal that is fair to both the Bills and Bledsoe, and won't alienate Bledsoe to the point where he feels he can't come back!

or

#3- They have already decided that they are going to release him before March 1st, so there is no point in renegotiating a contract! Given the QB landscape out there, I think #2 is the likeliest option.

i will be very suprised if Drew is back with the Bills next year.

i doubt they will trade him....i foresee they cut him and take a 4.something cap hit.

Some hack was on local sports talk radio yesterday and made a good point. The Browns are considering cutting Jeff Garcia. I would not be thrilled with him, but he fits the same style of play that I expect to see from JP Losman....which in turn makes sense to bring in a vet that plays the same style as your star of the future.

how much could Losman learn from Bledsoe, Kurt Warner...etc.?

Some hack was on local sports talk radio yesterday and made a good point.  The Browns are considering cutting Jeff Garcia.  I would not be thrilled with him, but he fits the same style of play that I expect to see from JP Losman....which in turn makes sense to bring in a vet that plays the same style as your star of the future.

228478[/snapback]

A verry valid point. I am not really high on Garcia, but I think he could do alright here. We have good WR's for the most part, a good running back, and a decent o line (not great by any means). If we could get him cheap I wouldn't see why we wouldn't give him a look.

i will be very suprised if Drew is back with the Bills next year.

i doubt they will trade him....i foresee they cut him and take a 4.something cap hit.

Some hack was on local sports talk radio yesterday and made a good point.  The Browns are considering cutting Jeff Garcia.  I would not be thrilled with him, but he fits the same style of play that I expect to see from JP Losman....which in turn makes sense to bring in a vet that plays the same style as your star of the future.

228478[/snapback]

Not a bad idea for a year, my only concern would be Garcias arm strength. Just look at how many times this past year weak armed QB's struggled in Buffalo.

As much as everyone thinks it's time for Drew to go, I gotta disagree.

I won't say hands down he should be the starter in 2005. I'm in favor of an open competition or giving JP the job and then see if he can live up to it in preseason.

I think the best situation for the Bills is to keep Drew as no worse than the #2 guy. If something happens to JP, do we want a guy coming in who has known this offense for a full year less than Drew has? While that may not be horrible, depending on who that QB is, I'd rather have a guy who knows this system better than the new free agent.

I don't see Kurt Warner coming here, either. If he didn't want to be a backup in New York, why would he in Buffalo?

As much as everyone thinks it's time for Drew to go, I gotta disagree.

I won't say hands down he should be the starter in 2005. I'm in favor of an open competition or giving JP the job and then see if he can live up to it in preseason.

I think the best situation for the Bills is to keep Drew as no worse than the #2 guy. If something happens to JP, do we want a guy coming in who has known this offense for a full year less than Drew has? While that may not be horrible, depending on who that QB is, I'd rather have a guy who knows this system better than the new free agent.

228677[/snapback]

I am with you.

Plus it makes lousy financial sense. You take a 4 million dollar cap hit, to pay another million or so for a veteran....basically equal $ as just making DB your backup. It's a zero sum gain.