Bledsoe update

COACH85

As much as everyone thinks it's time for Drew to go, I gotta disagree.

I won't say hands down he should be the starter in 2005. I'm in favor of an open competition or giving JP the job and then see if he can live up to it in preseason.

I think the best situation for the Bills is to keep Drew as no worse than the #2 guy. If something happens to JP, do we want a guy coming in who has known this offense for a full year less than Drew has? While that may not be horrible, depending on who that QB is, I'd rather have a guy who knows this system better than the new free agent.

I don't see Kurt Warner coming here, either. If he didn't want to be a backup in New York, why would he in Buffalo?

228677[/snapback]

I agree, that's what I'm hoping for anyway. Let the best man win and if its JP, let Drew be number two. As long as he doesn't pitch a fit about it let him stay. The cost of cutting Drew and grabbing a decent vet backup will be about the same as keeping him. I don't want JP to be handed the job, I'd rather see him earn it.

As much as everyone thinks it's time for Drew to go, I gotta disagree.

I won't say hands down he should be the starter in 2005. I'm in favor of an open competition or giving JP the job and then see if he can live up to it in preseason.

I think the best situation for the Bills is to keep Drew as no worse than the #2 guy. If something happens to JP, do we want a guy coming in who has known this offense for a full year less than Drew has? While that may not be horrible, depending on who that QB is, I'd rather have a guy who knows this system better than the new free agent.

I don't see Kurt Warner coming here, either. If he didn't want to be a backup in New York, why would he in Buffalo?

228677[/snapback]

Finally, someone else is starting to see the light! :D

Apply your comment about Kurt Warner to Jeff Garcia (if the Lions don't get Drew Brees, they WILL sign Jeff Garcia!), and many of the other options being bandied about, and you will see that Bledsoe makes the most sense for the Bills, and the Bills make the most sense for him!