How about Marc Trestman as OC?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't watch enough of the Bears, did he butcher it or did Cutler kill anything they had going?

You nailed it! Some fans want to bring Cutlet here though. (Get it Chicken CUTLET)

There's NO WAY Marrone will admit mistake and dismiss Hackett. He may sacrifice Pat Morris though, like he did Ike Hilliard.

Trestman would be amazing. We could win with EJ if Trestman was our OC.

I think this is the primary reason for my suggesting this.

EJ wants to lead this team, we want him to succeed, and the defense is there for a deep playoff run. The Bills will not be picking in the draft until the 48th pick, so coaching must be a priority now.

Once you bring in a guy like Trestman he would be able quickly determine if EJ can be a winning Bills qb; if not, we move on. And trust Trestman to help select someone he could groom into a winning QB.

Trestman would do way better than Hackett, He has succeeded with offenses all over the NFL and had one of the best offenses in CFL history in Montreal. Despite what the snobs say about the CFL I think that example is especially important. Trestman came into a league with a lot of different rules in which he was unfamiliar and learned really fast and created an offensive juggernaut. He could do it again here but please leave Cutler out of the equation!!

Just say no. He was just fired because his offense was awful.

So that one season erases all of the decades-long success, carefully documented elsewhere in this thread? At any rate, i don't follow the Bears, but I would be surprised if offensive play calling was their main problem this year.

Seems to me Trestman is a more successful version of Chan Gailley--a guy who knows offensive football but is not cut out to be a head coach. He would be a huge upgrade, but I'm guessing St Doug would do everything in his power to prevent it.

Edited by mannc