Mike Glennon an option at QB

jahbonas

Tampa getting the top pick will draft a QB and likely will move 2rd year QB Mike Glennon.

The Bills scouts did like Glennon and many in Tampa thought it a mistake Lovie Smith went with McCown.

He could be in the mix - also paid on rookie salary for 2 more years.

2014 6 games 57% comp pct 10TD 6 INT 1400yrds 83 passer rating (16 games = 27TD 15INT 3600yrds)

2013 13 games 60% comp pct 19TD 9 INT 2600yrds 83 passer rating (16 games = 21TD 10 INT 3200yrds)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He played ok at times in his rookie year. He did not, however, play well this year. Lacks mobility in the pocket and is inaccurate on those same short and medium crossing routes that EJ struggled on. He would be a disaster in this offense though no doubt some fans on here would love him because he does often just step back and then chuck it as far down the field as he can.

All I can say is when I watched NC State vs FSU in EJ and Glennon's last season, I was way more impressed with Glennon. Admittedly, I have not watched too many Bucs games to have an opinion on him in the NFL, but he does have a rocket arm.

Tampa getting the top pick will draft a QB and likely will move 2rd year QB Mike Glennon.

The Bills scouts did like Glennon and many in Tampa thought it a mistake Lovie Smith went with McCown.

He could be in the mix - also paid on rookie salary for 2 more years.

2014 6 games 57% comp pct 10TD 6 INT 1400yrds 83 passer rating (16 games = 27TD 15INT 3600yrds)

2013 13 games 60% comp pct 19TD 9 INT 2600yrds 83 passer rating (16 games = 21TD 10 INT 3200yrds)

Stop grasping at Straws! This is guy belongs on the pile with Tebow and the rest of the like.

Stop grasping at Straws! This is guy belongs on the pile with Tebow and the rest of the like.

Yes I see the comparison to Tebow

Tebow

2011 14 games 46% comp pct 12TD 6 INT 1700yrds 73 passer rating (16 games = 13TD 6 INT 1960yrds)

Glennon

Yes I see the comparison to Tebow

Tebow

2011 14 games 46% comp pct 12TD 6 INT 1700yrds 73 passer rating (16 games = 13TD 6 INT 1960yrds)

Glennon

The Bills salary cap model calls for building a strong defense/special teams first. This means that this is the type of QB who works in that model. I think this is a reasonable guy to kick the tires on.

Why would we replace average with average? IMO, we should only be looking at QBs with PROVEN talent beyond what is on our current roster. A lateral move servers no purpose.

Those numbers are Glennon as a ROOKIE - not a 10 year vet like Orton who we know is as good as you see.

Orton will $5.4 milion/year in 2015 - Glennon on a 3rd rd rookie QB salary is locked in at 2 more years near 800k & 900k

If you have a PROVEN veteran QB that fits within our cap formula (we do have the highest paid defense in NFL) then I am all for it and please share the name. Glennon's name pops up as a POSSIBILITY because it looks like a very thin market.

Our scouts liked him out of college - its likely they take a look again.

But he isn't a fit in our offense. We need a guy who can hit those short and intermediate crossers, move about and use play action off our run game. Glennon isn't a fit. He isn't even a better fit than Orton. I'd be amazed if the Bills took a punt on him.

We need a guy who can hit those short and intermediate crossers, move about

Oh really? Our staff instructed EJ to not scramble and Orton is in no way mobile

and use play action off our run game.

1- Bills just had their lowest total of running yards in a 16 game season

2- Why would Glennon not be capable of faking a run and throwing?

Edited by jahbonas

The Bills salary cap model calls for building a strong defense/special teams first. This means that this is the type of QB who works in that model. I think this is a reasonable guy to kick the tires on.

I don't think you're going to be "kicking the tires" on Glennon in the usual sense of the "yeah, he's available on the open market, bring him in".

He's cheap, he's shown he's able to play NFL football at least as well as McCown, and he'll cost the Bucs 1/10 as much. McCown is owed $5 million next season with no dead money, Glennon is owed $675k (source: OvertheCap.com). After 11 years, what you see is surely what you get with McCown, whilst Glennon looked like he had a "sophmore slump" and in his 3rd year, could still improve.

Even if Tampa does draft a QB, they have every reason to cut McCown and keep Glennon as a cheap backup unless they are offered something juicy as a trade. So what juice do you want to squeeze from elsewhere on the team to "kick the tires" on this guy?