We need a coach who can win without a superstar QB, and I have one in

peterpan

The bottom line is watching the Bills get crushed on Sunday and getting the media to start talking about Marrone being fired.I have nothing against the man other then he is a conversative .500 coach and I believe he will never produce a winner here.Also how many free agents are going to want to come play for this guy after what happened with Mike Williams, they guy is a loser who would have already been fired had he taken the job with Browns instead on Buffalo.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess I was wrong about him being a CFB lifer -

Urban Meyer on potentially coaching in the NFL: "Not right now." Interesting.

Im telling you, he's going to want to "prove his worth at the highest level". Even though many of us know College is the better stage anyways.

Urban Meyer had some family issues and has no interest in taking on an NFL job. He's made it quite clear which is why you don't see him being considered. How could you want a guy as a coach and not be aware of that?

Not yet anyways. Too new to tOSU still.

But in 4-5 years, with a couple more Championships under his belt, and Bob Kraft offering him $10mil/yr to replace the retired Belichick, I bet he becomes our worst nightmare.

But in 4-5 years, with a couple more Championships under his belt, and Bob Kraft offering him $10mil/yr to replace the retired Belichick, I bet he becomes our worst nightmare.

Meyer will be in his mid 50's by then.

Meyer is maybe the best college coach. Stay there. I just do not think the money or trying to 'prove' something will lure him to the pro's. He is smart enough to reach out to Saban and Spurrier and ask them their opinions of what the NFL is like.

He could have an NFL job today if he wanted it. He has had personal family issues which keep him from considering the NFL. He KNOWS what the NFL is like and the impact on his family. It's why he is not interested.

He could have an NFL job today if he wanted it. He has had personal family issues which keep him from considering the NFL. He KNOWS what the NFL is like and the impact on his family. It's why he is not interested.

Right, but he doesnt want one today. Ask him again in a few years when tOSU is old news.

Meyer will be in his mid 50's by then.

Meyer is maybe the best college coach. Stay there. I just do not think the money or trying to 'prove' something will lure him to the pro's. He is smart enough to reach out to Saban and Spurrier and ask them their opinions of what the NFL is like.

You guys dont need to convince me. I know that College ball is a better situation for these guys. Shoot, if I were a HC, Id stay in the college scene too.

He doesnt need to reach out to Saban or Spurrier or Harbaugh, just like he doesnt need to reach out to Chip Kelly, or Pete Carroll, or Jimmy Johnson.

Each of these guys are their own man, and each will think "Yeah, I can do it" at some point. Urban's time will come. To think he wont seriously consider it in a few years is just naive.

edit: Mid-50s wont have anything to do about it either. Pete Carroll was 62 when he won last year, Bill Belichick is 62, Fox is 59, mid-50s is not old for a HC.

Edited by DrDareustein