RIP Joe Cocker

Gugny

http://www.bbc.com/n...t-arts-30582761

Only 70 years old. Sad day. RIP.

Saw Cocker in concert a year or two ago. Just amazing! His band was incredible and Joe was in very fine form. Less "fidigity" than I remember from the past.

RIP Mr. Cocker. You were one of the great ones.

Dave Mason stuff

Funny thing is Mason opened for Joe that concert. I'm a huge Mason fan and saw him a few years earlier, with his band, and he KILLED. His guitar playing has actually improved quite a bit as has his voice--and he was always good. But opening for Cocker it was just him and his guitar player (Johnnie Sambatataro). They clearly phoned it in. I've never seen Dave phone it in before and it was disappointing. In the past, when he played acoustic shows with Jim Krueger, I thought he was even better than with a full band. But not this time, unfortunately. I thought he and Joe would jam on a few tunes, but he just made an obligatory appearance on Feelin Alright and didn't seem to give it his all on that one, either. Kind of bummed. But Cocker was so good, I forgot it quickly.

Not sure I remember hearing that version before. So gutteral as opposed to van's smoothness. Joe Cocker while a major star I think was never truly appreciated as being as good as he really was, even by me. Still think he and Belushi is one of the greatest moments in pop history.

RIP Mr. Cocker.

You did something I didn't think possible; you did a better job on "Into the Mystic" than Van Morrison.