Why Did Spiller Play?

rfk

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think some other team with an OC with a little imagination will be able to make Spiller into an effective weapon. I will be interested to see how that goes. I hope Buffalo doesn't decide to spend whatever it takes to keep him. He's not that special. I keep wondering if he would be better as a slot receiver than as a running back. I doubt I will ever find out.

Pretty tough for Spiller to make a play when he is getting hit, and tackled 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage. This happened with LG Kraig Urbik draped all over Raiders D linemen Antonio Smith in the first quarter. The Bills O line had 7 on 5, and it still looked like a jailbreak. The entire Bills offense is the mistake.

I was admittedly thrilled when they got Spiller. As of today, I have finally seen enough. If he isn't on the team next year, it wouldn't bother me one bit.

If Marrone is still the coach fast forward one year and you will say this about Sammy. It's a joke. You don't dump talent to retain doofuses.

We weren't able to get him in space. If we could get their whole D line and linebackers on one side of the field...and our O line and TE on the other side...that would be groovy.

Why? Hackett would just have him run to the side where the defenders were waiting in an effort to think outside the box.

Pretty tough for Spiller to make a play when he is getting hit, and tackled 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage. This happened with LG Kraig Urbik draped all over Raiders D linemen Antonio Smith in the first quarter. The Bills O line had 7 on 5, and it still looked like a jailbreak. The entire Bills offense is the mistake.

that and the field was re-sodded grass. it was coming out in chunks before the 1st quarter was over. not exactly the best for quick cut guys like CJ.

he will do well on a turf field with a good OC and decent blocking. bills wont re- sign him.

To remind everyone of how badly Marrone has damaged his career.

Huh? Spiller has horrible vision or a complete fear of cutting the ball up field. He consistently seeks to outrun everyone wide to the sidelines rather than fight up field for tough yards. That's been his MO since day one. It's not on the OL or the coach all the time, it's his style. Why does Fred consistently perform better despite have what we might all agree are inferior skills to CJ? Because he runs more north/south and fights for every yard and isn't trying to hit a homerun without being tackled. Spiller is a colossal bust and exhibit one on why a first round RB is a waste. He's been outplayed by the RB taken a few picks later and the team would have been better off with Iupati or any number of players still on the board. Would they have been better with Iupati and Ben Tate instead of Spiller and Torell Troup? Not playing revisionist but it speaks to the bad drafting of this team and the waste of a pick that Spiller is.

Can't wait until someone signs him and this team is burdening by the need to utilize him to justify the puck. Let it go, let it go......