Hackett leaving Henderson out to dry

Bocephuz

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We should change the title of this thread to leaving Henderson out to dry is Hackett. I read "Hackett is leaving" and I got excited becaus I thought i could refer to Nate Hackett as our former offensive coordinator. Then I read the rest of the title and was disappointed. Again.

"Leaving Henderson out to dry is Hackett"

Now say it in a Yoda voice!

Our Offensive coordinator runs more screen passes than anyone I've ever seen (screens should be used as a disruption play to slow down aggressive D, not an every passing down play), failed to adjust for the fact that Mack was abusing Henderson (chip him, keep a TE in etc) and all year long has continued to think he is smarter than other coaches by bucking successful trends to win games. He doesn't seem to ever game plan for a particular opponent, it seems to be the same generic plan rolled out week after week. He doesn't seem to look at the opposing teams strengths and weaknesses, he gets an idea in his head and runs with it. This team has flaws well beyond OC, but just like the overall team starts and ends with the HC, the offense is the responsibility of the OC and Hackett is in wayyyyyy over his head.

Nate Hackett please pack your things and go see Jill in human resources.

Our Offensive coordinator runs more screen passes than anyone I've ever seen (screens should be used as a disruption play to slow down aggressive D, not an every passing down play), failed to adjust for the fact that Mack was abusing Henderson (chip him, keep a TE in etc) and all year long has continued to think he is smarter than other coaches by bucking successful trends to win games. He doesn't seem to ever game plan for a particular opponent, it seems to be the same generic plan rolled out week after week. He doesn't seem to look at the opposing teams strengths and weaknesses, he gets an idea in his head and runs with it. This team has flaws well beyond OC, but just like the overall team starts and ends with the HC, the offense is the responsibility of the OC and Hackett is in wayyyyyy over his head.

Nate Hackett please pack your things and go see Jill in human resources.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with this. Can't Hackett's film shows a guy that seems to think good offense is all about reps and execution.

It's like two guys looking at a huge stone wall. CH says, "If we run into it often enough, we might find a way through it."

Meanwhile another coach might say, "Uh-huh. I think we'll be running around this here wall."

Yes, I thought the same thing. They did not adjust, even when it was brazenly obvious that Henderson was getting toasted again and again. Not even backs or tight ends chipping. Hackett is just bush-league - the entire organization and fanbase are paying for Hackett to learn (slowly) on the job.

Your last sentence is spot on and its sad for us while we watch Hackett fail at his living dream at our expense!!

Unfortunately, I have to agree with this. Can't Hackett's film shows a guy that seems to think good offense is all about reps and execution.

It's like two guys looking at a huge stone wall. CH says, "If we run into it often enough, we might find a way through it."

Meanwhile another coach might say, "Uh-huh. I think we'll be running around this here wall."

Exactly right and well said.

I would only add that Marrone is of the same mindset.

They are the same guy.

Makes me wonder how far ahead we would be without Nate if Doug is still around.

Glaring inexcusable error. At very least give him TE help.. At most put in Hairston. Clearly he hit the rookie wall .. And whether it was Mack or Tuck or whoever he was abused all day.. And Hackett did absolutely nothing to adjust. That more than anything cost us the game. I'm no Orton acolyte but he was under pressure all day today.. Hard to fault him too much

I'm glad you brought this up. It wasn't just yesterday either. I've seen this going on all year. Our Oline obviously can't pass block their way out of a paper bag, however Hackett Jr./Marrone don't help the guys at all with TEs or RBs. I've seen it time after time this season where we're in the shot gun with one or no RBs. TEs are there, but once the balls snapped they and the RB (if there is one), go out for passes leaving only 5 guys who can't block to protect Kyle.

I always thought that it was Offense 101 that if your OLine is having trouble protecting, you leave a TE in to block.

I'm glad you brought this up. It wasn't just yesterday either. I've seen this going on all year. Our Oline obviously can't pass block their way out of a paper bag, however Hackett Jr./Marrone don't help the guys at all with TEs or RBs. I've seen it time after time this season where we're in the shot gun with one or no RBs. TEs are there, but once the balls snapped they and the RB (if there is one), go out for passes leaving only 5 guys who can't block to protect Kyle.

I always thought that it was Offense 101 that if your OLine is having trouble protecting, you leave a TE in to block.

You're wrong. They had numerous games where Chandler would chip, and Freddy stays in pass-pro all the time.

Yeah, well they had numerous game where they didn't.

Really? I find that hard to believe. They did it a ton in the beginning of the season. I know because I remember distinctly it was the chief reason Seantrel looked awesome. Haven't looked for it in a while.

Edited by FireChan

Really? I find that hard to believe. They did it a ton in the beginning of the season. I know because I remember distinctly it was the chief reason Seantrel looked awesome. Haven't looked for it in a while.

I don't know what to tell you man. Yeah they probably have done it some times this season that you could point to. But I've also seen many instances where they OLine had NO help from TEs at all whild getting blown up. Like yesterday.

Yesterday was the first time all season they've done that. Is that your position?