Hackett leaving Henderson out to dry

Bocephuz

I don't know what to tell you man. Yeah they probably have done it some times this season that you could point to. But I've also seen many instances where they OLine had NO help from TEs at all whild getting blown up. Like yesterday.

Yesterday was the first time all season they've done that. Is that your position?

I just told you I haven't looked. I think it's odd that you'd made a sweeping statement that they don't EVER help the O-line when they have done it quite a bit.

Also, you can't chip every down. Some downs you can, but sometimes you need an RB to go the the flat. Sometimes, an O-linemen is gonna need to beat his man ONCE. I believe that we actually adjusted to Mack then Tuck started making waves. It's not possible to help every O-lineman with an RB and TE unless we take Sammy off the field.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what to tell you man. Yeah they probably have done it some times this season that you could point to. But I've also seen many instances where they OLine had NO help from TEs at all whild getting blown up. Like yesterday.

Yesterday was the first time all season they've done that. Is that your position?

they effectively chipped with TE against cameron wake earlier in the year but I really haven't seen it since then. When the ball is snapped I always focus on Henderson on the TV and he has mostly been on an island. When Freddy chips he's usually picking up an inside rusher.. Not helping a tackle

If Marrone wants to save his job, he should start by quickly dispensing with his buddy Hackett before Marrone himself becomes part of a package deal. Not to say this organization doesn't need a package deal, including Orton.

At least Buddy Hackett was good for a laugh every now and again.

Guys c'mon. Hackett just calls plays blindly, and doesn't take anything into account that could disrupt the plays. The opponents coaches are playing chess, and Hackett is playing checkers.

Oakland had the #24th ranked run defense, and the 7th ranked pass defense going into this game. So what game plan should we expect from Can't Hackett? Yep, Bills with 49 passes vs 13 rushes....exactly :bag:

again list out the plays that work with a terrible and unathletic offensive line.....

again list out the plays that work with a terrible and unathletic offensive line.....

4 of the 5 guys playing yesterday suited up for Chan in 2012. Remember the blocking on those beautiful screen plays? It feels like that was 10 years ago, not just 2. They weren't exactly the Washington Redskins' Hogs of the 1980s, but they were a somewhat competent line. Their play on the field yesterday looked like a 3-hour Chinese fire drill. There is certainly a lack of talent missing, but the coaching has a big part to play in this too.