15 years and counting

Jerry Jabber

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There actually is something sadly ironic about Chris Hogan wearing the number of the playoff drought. Just another $hitty player forced down our throats playing ahead of more talented players by a clueless coaching staff. With predictable results.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics. And yes, I'm telling you what to do.

Thank you.

I'm missing the point of this thread.

Was it so the OP could let everyone know he's an angry Bills fan?

Was it so the OP could point out the blatantly obvious?

Was it a LAMP post?

Was it a dare to start a really stupid thread?

Why was this thread created?

All we need is a QB. Hackett, Marrone, Whaley, everyone would be doing fine with a good QB.

You guys are going to have to listen to me rally EVERY SINGLE DAY for them to pay whatever they have to to steal Phillip Rivers away from the Chargers when he becomes an FA in 2016. It's the only solution.

So let me get this straight.... your plan to build a winning team is to sit back and suck for another season, hope that Rivers doesn't sign an extension, and then in 2016 offer him the highest salary ever in hopes of luring him to Buffalo?

Was it a LAMP post?

So that Proteus could feel better.

Was it a LAMP post?

Not sure. But anyone who hasn't jumped into this pity fest and agreed with OP necessarily condones losing and is soft as baby excrement unlike those grown men who would cry about football. They're hard as nails.

So, now the questions are, will Terry and Kim Pegula want to bring in a new coach that they feel comfortable with, compared to Doug Marrone by whom they inherited?

If Marrone stays, is Nate Hackett's job safe or will Marrone back Hackett like he did with Danny Crossman last season?

Will Bills GM, Doug Whaley, try and trade for Jay Cutler or any other QB?

Who will the Bills sign/draft to upgrade their offensive line?

Will the Bills resign CJ Spiller?

Will the Bills resign Jerry Hughes?

Looks like we'll have to wait until January once the regular season is over with to start getting some of these questions answered. But one thing is for sure, it will be another long offseason for Bills fans. After 15 years, I guess we should be used to this by now.

I think the real question is what will be the structure of the organization moving forward. If Whaley continues to report to russ, and Marrone reports to Whaley...aint nothing changing coaching wise for next year.

:lol:

As if your griping about it will change it. It is what it is. And as soon as you accept what it is, you'll learn to deal with it better.

So what you are saying is making a sarcastic post on a Bills message board is a poor way to handle your frustration with the Bills? Maybe you are just so conditioned to defend the Bills no matter what that you immediately attack anything you perceive as negative towards the Bills.

Trust me I am dealing with this just fine. I am disappointed and nothing more. You just want to project an unstable image so my post will be discredited and the Bills organization looks better. Honestly, I think my post is a perfectly reasonable way to deal with my Bills frustrations. Like I said, you trying to infer someone's emotional state by reading their sarcastic post is nothing more than you trying to discredit the post by attacking the poster.

So what you are saying is making a sarcastic post on a Bills message board is a poor way to handle your frustration with the Bills? Maybe you are just so conditioned to defend the Bills no matter what that you immediately attack anything you perceive as negative towards the Bills.

Trust me I am dealing with this just fine. I am disappointed and nothing more. You just want to project an unstable image so my post will be discredited and the Bills organization looks better. Honestly, I think my post is a perfectly reasonable way to deal with my Bills frustrations. Like I said, you trying to infer someone's emotional state by reading their sarcastic post is nothing more than you trying to discredit the post by attacking the poster.

Now who's wearing a tinfoil helmet? Anyone who knows me knows I've leveled my fair share of criticism of the Bills over the decade and a half I've been posting here. Step away from the keyboard.

Mark Twain once said "It's better to remain silent and have people think you're an idiot then to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

I love how people determine a psychological profile about you and determine your level of happiness in the real world based off a post where you are venting about your favorite sports team missing the playoffs for 15 straight years.

I am a very happy person with a pretty good life but ne and every other Bills fan has the right to vent about this and it doesn't mean we are unhappy people or on suicide watch. That is just you trying to portray someone you disagree with as unstable rather than having an opinion of your own. What you are trying is some passive - aggressive kitty ****.

This is a Bills message board and while the Bills being the Bills will not ruin my day, I think coming to a Bills board to vent about the team extending NFL's current longest playoff drought is completely reasonable. Your passive - aggressive attempt to make me seem like someone who is not in control of their emotions is weak and says a lot about you.

Psychiatry burn!! Op dropping bodies all over the place.

Poor Chris hogans feeling the burn.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I've never seen such impassioned defense of the right to whine. Your post contained nothing to discredit. Its no different than every other thread dedicated to whining about the team. In fact, there is an identical thread whining about the 15 year playoff drought as if we weren't aware. Why does your whining deserve its own thread? Is it more heartfelt and sincere?

I don't think that matters. The highest paid QB right now is Jay Cutler. He obviously doesn't deserve to be.

However, the Bills need a QB. More than anything. Every year they go without a playoff appearance the need for a real QB becomes bigger and bigger. If there's a QB of Rivers' talent that hits FA and you're the Bills, you pay him whatever he wants IF you can even get him. Why? because the Bills would probably be a Superbowl contender, or at least a sure playoff team every year with him.

Or we can just keep doing what we've been doing since Jim Kelly retired in 1996 since we wouldn't want to overspend on a QB.

Cutlers highest paid staus is because he is in year one of his deal. No doubt he will not be next year, or any year again.

The Bills need a QB and a boatload of O-lineman at almost every position. IMO Glenn regressed, Hairston? Who is he? urbik and Pears may not even be in the league if not for the Bills. Williams? LOL! Eric Wood, while being a slightly above average center, is not a liabilty, but it wouldn't be a bad idea getting a decent back up. But Whaley knew this was gping to be an issue during Levitre's contract year. His inability to upgrade the line is a failure on his part. In the past Fitz's quick inaccurate release made the line look way better then they were credited for. Good thing Marrone is a supposed O-line guru. Good Times! The Bills made it to .500 in 2014.

So let me get this straight.... your plan to build a winning team is to sit back and suck for another season, hope that Rivers doesn't sign an extension, and then in 2016 offer him the highest salary ever in hopes of luring him to Buffalo?

No. My plan is to stick with who we have in 2015 and then sign one of the QBs from a much better FA pool in 2016 than the FA pool in 2015.

http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nfl/2016/quarterback/

Now who's wearing a tinfoil helmet? Anyone who knows me knows I've leveled my fair share of criticism of the Bills over the decade and a half I've been posting here. Step away from the keyboard.

Mark Twain once said "It's better to remain silent and have people think you're an idiot then to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Yep a quote that I am sure we have all heard before. Yet another attempt to discredit me through mindless insults.

What happened was I vented my frustrations about 15 years of losing on a Bills message board with a very sarcastic post. You didn't like it and felt the need to try discredit the post by portraying me as being in some unreasonable emotional state over the Bills loss which is just completely ridiculous.

Sorry if you don't like getting called out when you are passive - aggressive towards someone. "It is what it is. You just need to learn to handle it better."

That is some serious passive - aggressive bs there. Sorry if others you use that on let you get away with it. I won't