15 years and counting

Jerry Jabber

Honestly I am done with this thread and I apologize fir getting caught up in the mindless back and forth but I am not fond of people being passive aggressive while throwing around insults so they don't seem like they are a dick. If you want to be a passive aggressive ahole towards me expect me to tell you so.

............and there's this threads placenta.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

No, it's entirely plausible you were born an idiot...and you deigned us all lucky enough to have our board polluted with your idiocy.

Joe, you know that I'm the only one here who can officially bestow the designation of "idiot" on a poster.

Proteus, you don't know the difference between "birth" and "berth." You're an idiot.

It is just funny how you guys try to team up. You don't like me bashing the current regime so a group of you basically team up and insult. Very mature. What can you expect from a group of Internet tough guys

I love how you make random assumptions about posters here while you whine and cry like a 5 year old who doesn't want to take a nap does the same to you.

It is just funny how you guys try to team up. You don't like me bashing the current regime so a group of you basically team up and insult. Very mature. What can you expect from a group of Internet tough guys

Incorrect. I don't like your whiny thread, I don't like your whiny posts, and I don't like you, whiner. Stay outta Malibu, Proteus!

Yet more insults. So my op was not sarcastic? Saying we did it in reference to missing the playoffs again is not sarcastic?

Gotta love how some only have one defense and that is to make the person they are debating with look dumb with insults and trying to create questions about their emotional state.

O

I wasn't aware there was a debate. You just said stupid things, and we called you an idiot. (Tom, I hope it's ok to call him that, now that you've made the official designation.)

Congratulations Bills fans! We did it! Managed to get to the big 1, 5. That's right 15 years in a row without a playoff birth.

And what do we have to show for it? Absolutely nothing! No 1st round pick. No QB. No offensive line, no qualified offensive coordinator. All in an offensive era in an offensive league.

If we don't find a QB soon, this streak could easily hit 20. So disgusting. I want to be positive about the future of this team but in the end it is 15 straight years.

In the end that is the way I see it. Another season, another failure. I really don't care to hear about any of the positives because ultimately this season was a failure and no matter how good our defense is, without a QB, it is very likely next year will be 16. Then our defense gets a little older and we start the charge for 20 years.

Brandon, Whaley, Marrone to this point are all failures.

This team was better than expected and not as good as we hoped. We had four losses we can live with, but KC, HOU, and OAK are hard to stomach. But similarly, CHI, DET, and MIN were all games we could have very easily lost.

I think this is and has been an 8-8 team from the start. Every 8-8 team should find a way to get to 10-6, but we were not a 10-6 team. This is not a terrible thing. We haven't been an 8-8 team in a while (quality of team, not results), and that is a positive, but we aren't going to be much better than that without solving the QB situation.

Maybe next year's team is a 9-7 team and manages to overachieve and win 10 or 11 on the field with Orton year #2.

We clearly don't go to EJ unless he has shown he is the better QB, and I think what the team sees every week in practice is probably a much greater indicator of things than our hopes and projections. If they think it is close, I wouldn't mind EJ getting a chance to play on Sunday, but not because "who cares, and let's see what we got", but because I think it is plausible that he gives us the best chance to win if he has been improving from the #2 spot.

Next year is EJ and Kyle without our first rounder to step in. It isn't a draft where there is likely to be a great QB ready to step in from the second or third round, so while we can draft a project, being without a first, we probably need to concentrate elsewhere, and try to get as much out of Orton/EJ next year as we can, and evaluate the position more deeply after the 2015 season. Cutler is better than Orton, and there might be a few others out there who are better as well, so I'm open to improving the roster at that position if an opportunity presents itself.

But we aren't going to find an amazing option out there that falls in our laps, we aren't going to draft an amazing QB this year. So doing our best to get better at every single position through roster improvements, coaching improvements, and hard work, and hoping that KO/EJ 2015 can be at least a little better than KO/EJ 2014 is the path we are on.