St. Doug to Michigan?

Kirby Jackson

Harbaugh "built" Stanford into a powerhouse? Total BS. His success only began when Luck showed up. I guess Chuck Pagano "built" the current Colts success as well...

Let's deal with Luck at Indy first.

Having the first overall draft pick is completely different from recruiting. It does not matter if 32 teams wanted Luck, only 1 team at time got to choose if they wanted to pick him or not.

In college recruiting, ALL teams have access to a player they covet. The player chooses which program/team to play for.

Which brings us back to the first part.

Harbaugh amassed a 29-6 record at San Diego State. He became the HC at Stanford starting the 2007 season. Luck accepted a scholarship offer from Stanford in 2008.

Who recruited Luck? That would be Harbaugh.

So tell me again how Harbaugh did NOT build Stanford up?

As for Michigan--it's recent QBs have been Devon Gardner, Denard Robinson and Tate Forcier.

As for Bama, everyone wants to play in the SEC.

Once again, when Saban came to UA, recruits that had no interest in playing for UA suddenly became interested in playing for UA because of the HC they hired.

And yes, I am talking about some recruits that had soft commitments outside of the SEC.

Do not underestimate what a HC with a great resume can bring to a college program, especially one like Michigan.

All those problems you think are there, will suddenly disappear.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love? I know Marrone is not perfect but he's the best coach this team had since Wade Phillips, who wasn't perfect either but we (Ralph) made a huge mistake firing him. Don't mistake love with objectivity, which you clearly lack .

Yeah, what a tragedy it would be if Marrone left us. I apologize for my lack of objectivity.