St. Doug to Michigan?

Kirby Jackson

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WHY? year 2 was an improvement in all but the QB playing behind center the past 3 months

Well, they are offering Harbaugh $8M a year. Marrone currently makes $3.5M. If Michigan offers him $6M it's an easy decision for him IMO. He would almost double his salary and take a more prestigious job.

Well, they are offering Harbaugh $8M a year. Marrone currently makes $3.5M. If Michigan offers him $6M it's an easy decision for him IMO. He would almost double his salary and take a more prestigious job.

Michigan job is not what it used to be Kirby...every job in the SEC just about better than that one. Students not showing up at games, cold weather, hard academics....plus every team on TV now, not like it was 25 years ago when you only saw 3 games a week and Michigam always seemed to be on

And i am not buying the Michigan job is more prestigious than any NFL job.

Edited by plenzmd1

Michigan job is not what it used to be Kirby...every job in the SEC just about better than that one. Students not showing up at games, cold weather, hard academics....plus every team on TV now, not like it was 25 years ago when you only saw 3 games a week and Michigam always seemed to be on

And i am not buying the Michigan job is more prestigious then any NFL job.

Now,

I disagree that it isn't more prestigious (and I love the Bills & hate Michigan). A big part of what makes those jobs is tradition & alumni money. Is ND any good? Texas? Those are still considered way better jobs than somewhere like Ole Miss even though Ole Miss would pound those teams (when healthy). Here is a list of the 10 best coaching jobs in football as of 2 years ago. http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=8733842&src=desktop

While I agree that Michigan isn't what it used to be (and may never be). The job clearly still has appeal.

And i am not buying the Michigan job is more prestigious then any NFL job.

Now,

Depends on how you view prestige- NFL is certainly a higher level but a winning Michigan program fills a larger stadium, probably has a similar (if not larger) national base and gives him more control (something I think we can all agree he enjoys). And might pay him double.

Let Marrone and Hackett go. They have 0% to do with our record. It's all defense and personnel

Agreed. There is by far more talent on this roster than at anytime in the past 15 years.

Marrone's most critical decision was hiring Hackett and that has been an abysmal failure.

Let Marrone and Hackett go. They have 0% to do with our record. It's all defense and personnel

Right. Players don't need coaches. Brilliant observation, Knute Rockne. :doh:

Here's an idea. Let's fire all the coaches and use the extra money to trade for Cutler. Super Bowl, here we come.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I disagree that it isn't more prestigious (and I love the Bills & hate Michigan). A big part of what makes those jobs is tradition & alumni money. Is ND any good? Texas? Those are still considered way better jobs than somewhere like Ole Miss even though Ole Miss would pound those teams (when healthy). Here is a list of the 10 best coaching jobs in football as of 2 years ago. http://m.espn.go.com...842&src=desktop

While I agree that Michigan isn't what it used to be (and may never be). The job clearly still has appeal.

I agree has its appeal, but just seems to me not as big as it once was. I may be wrong, but think ND even has fallen a bit for younger guys. Same deal as Michigan...hard academics, cold weather, etc. Again, not saying its a bad job, but for instance 20 years ago Miles jumping at the chance to go from LSU to Michigan....never happen now.

Depends on how you view prestige- NFL is certainly a higher level but a winning Michigan program fills a larger stadium, probably has a similar (if not larger) national base and gives him more control (something I think we can all agree he enjoys). And might pay him double.

Now that we can all agree on :thumbsup: