Cuba

Tiberius

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is sarcasm right??

no, not at all. This shows a cultural change. Trade and openness do that. Like the Italian city states during the Renissance getting access to the Ancient Greek leaning through Constantinople and creating Humanism, Cuba is now a little bit more of an open society

no, not at all. This shows a cultural change. Trade and openness do that. Like the Italian city states during the Renissance getting access to the Ancient Greek leaning through Constantinople and creating Humanism, Cuba is now a little bit more of an open society

What kind of people (referring to the Castro bros.) given the luxury in which they have lived for so long would continue to run the country in the matter in which they do? How can they not wake up one day and realize that the free world is leaving them and their people behind? What have they got to gain at this point keeping things as they are? Even if you are right that their country is a bit more open, they are on a pace which puts them further behind the rest of the world every year. Baby steps will do nothing.

What kind of people (referring to the Castro bros.) given the luxury in which they have lived for so long would continue to run the country in the matter in which they do? How can they not wake up one day and realize that the free world is leaving them and their people behind? What have they got to gain at this point keeping things as they are? Even if you are right that their country is a bit more open, they are on a pace which puts them further behind the rest of the world every year. Baby steps will do nothing.

Gotta start somewhere! And I don't agree that falling behind is the end of the world. Capitalism has a funny way of quickly making last place first. Places that our backward to start to rebuild get the newest technologies. Like Japan after World War Two rebuilt with our help and had the newest technology that they passed us in some areas.

Gotta start somewhere! And I don't agree that falling behind is the end of the world. Capitalism has a funny way of quickly making last place first. Places that our backward to start to rebuild get the newest technologies. Like Japan after World War Two rebuilt with our help and had the newest technology that they passed us in some areas.

You never fail to embarrass yourself.

President Obama rebuked GOP presidential candidate Ted Cruz's proposal to patrol U.S. Muslim neighborhoods as a part of a counter-terrorism strategy as "un-American" and "counterproductive."

"I just left a country that engages in that kind of neighborhood surveillance, which, by the way, the father of Sen. Cruz escaped, for America, the land of the free," President Obama said, invoking Cruz's Cuban heritage in criticizing Cruz's proposal today.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/president-obama-calls-ted-cruz-muslim-surveillance-proposal/story?id=37756098

Exactly!

You never fail to embarrass yourself.

as if...

So you're comparing that to a Stones concert? Well I guess they are getting a taste of our culture. The culture of the rip off ticket price that is.

So you're comparing that to a Stones concert? Well I guess they are getting a taste of our culture. The culture of the rip off ticket price that is.

Yes, culture comes in so many forms. Ticket prices are really not a rip off. The market pretty much sets the price

Fidel Castro lectures Obama after Cuba trip

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/03/fidel-castro-obama-221279

Another Time In Cuba: The Forgotten Saga of Rene Arocha
Townhall.com ^ | March 25, 2016 | Paul Greenberg
President in the wrong place at the wrong time
Canada Free Press ^ | 03/26/16 | Jeff Crouere
Why the pope tried to halt the Rolling Stones concert in Cuba
Yahoo/CSM ^ | March 27, 2016 | Lucy Schouten

Yes, culture comes in so many forms. Ticket prices are really not a rip off. The market pretty much sets the price

No. Anything over $50 to see a bunch of old farts prance around a stage from 300 yards away is a rip off.

BTW I know it was a free concert.

Edited by Chef Jim

What?? $50 at a Stone's show will likely get you a down payment on a T-shirt.

I'm very happy with my $40 ticket and be in front of the stage.

The average state salary in Cuba rose 1 percent in 2013 to 471 pesos ($20) a month

There's nothing more ridiculous than a senile communist.

Yes there most certainly is .... How about the fact that the United States of America can't have a single decent candidate for President..... Hillary and Trump is about as ridiculous as it could possibly be.