Cuba

Tiberius

Nice move by the president working to weaken the stupid embargo. Cold War ended a long time ago. The Conservo moron Rubio is howling in the wind at this. Would not be surprised if Obama calculated this to give Rubio a little boost knowing how much of a zero he is.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice move by the president working to weaken the stupid embargo. Cold War ended a long time ago. The Conservo moron Rubio is howling in the wind at this. Would not be surprised if Obama calculated this to give Rubio a little boost knowing how much of a zero he is.

And the loosening of the embargo is going to do what exactly to reduce the human rights violations in Cuba? Aren't you libs all about human rights?

LOL.

One would assume, from the OP's standard unintelligent post, that only conservatives were upset with the President's actions.

That is false of course. .................I will include a few more.

There is stiff Democratic opposition from New Jersey Senator Bob Menendez (N.J.), who also is Cuban-American.

In article from Politico on Wednesday, Democratic National Committee (DNC) Chairwoman and Florida Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman-Schultz seemed far from wholeheartedly embracing the President’s decision:

The move puts Democratic National Committee chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz in a bind, for example. She has been staunchly pro-embargo in the past but waited until Wednesday evening to weigh in. Wasserman Schultz said in a nuanced statement
she has “always opposed…unearned changes in the status of our relationship” with Cuba
but “will continue to work with the Administration…to support policies that benefit the Cuban people and do not further entrench the Castro regime.”

Plus, Senator Rand Paul (Republican) has come out tentatively in favor of lifting the sanctions.

And the loosening of the embargo is going to do what exactly to reduce the human rights violations in Cuba? Aren't you libs all about human rights?

Free markets lead to free government. It's a big step in the right direction.

Question back at you. Why leave the embargo in place? What good does that do?

You're an idiot. Still.

And you are basically a worthless pos, so what?

Free markets lead to free government. It's a big step in the right direction.

Question back at you. Why leave the embargo in place? What good does that do?

So lifting the embargo is going to make Cuba a free market? And I never said an embargo did any good. Dictators do what dictators do regardless whether there is an embargo or not or even if they run on a free market. This most likely will change nothing in regard to their human rights issues.

STFU you ahole our foreign policy on Cuba has been 50+ years of failure just like your mothers attempt to potty train you.

Thats right Bobby...................and our President agrees with you......here's what he said today:

"What I know deep in my bones is that if you have done the same thing for 50 years, and nothing has changed, you should try something different if you want a different outcome," Obama said. "And this gives us an opportunity for a different outcome."

It makes you think, Barack....................by the way..........hows that "War on Poverty" coming ?

I prefer the BVI with Cruzan rum and you can stick your smelly cigar up your ass.

I really don't give a flying !@#$ about what you prefer and while tobacco suppositories may be all the rage around SF we still smoke cigars in WNY- but my new name for you will be ass cancer in honor of your tobacco habit.

I really don't give a flying !@#$ about what you prefer and while tobacco suppositories may be all the rage around SF we still smoke cigars in WNY- but my new name for you will be ass cancer in honor of your tobacco habit.

And a Merry Christmas to you too!