[closed]Why are we looking to sign quarterbacks that are.........

HOUSE

People get rid of Cutler everywhere he goes. He got benched for Jimmy Clausen. I suspect there's a reason for that.

What's the reason? A "can do" attitude? A total team player? Superlative gameplay at the QB position? Leadership skills that make Winston Churchill look like Neville Chamberlain?

No. I think it's because he combines the finest attributes of Joe Montana, Dan Marino, and John Elway all in one magnificent, omnipotent package.

Sign this man tomorrow.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just offer the Saints our 2nd this year and our 1st's in 2016 and 2017 for Brees and Graham. Sign the best lineman you can in free agency and keep the defense together. They say they would never trade Brees, but if they seriously look at their roster and their cap situation, they should definitely consider it. If you give them a great offer for a 36 year old Brees I think they have to consider it. You mortgage the future a lot but for the next two years you are clear Super Bowl contenders, probably favorites.

Edited by Proteus

Huh? EJ is done with the current brain trust running the show at One Bills Drive.

In fact, he's close to being done league-wide. It will take a couple years probably for him to flush clean.

That's what I said. He either wins the job outright next year, or it's over.

Just offer the Saints our 2nd this year and our 1st's in 2016 and 2017 for Brees and Graham. Sign the best lineman you can in free agency and keep the defense together. You mortgage the future a lot but for the next two years you are clear Super Bowl contenders, probably favorites.

lol

If you are going to create a thread like this you should at least provide an alternative to who they should sign and if you can't then what's the point of creating this thread?

The thread police have surfaced again.

Nobody forces you to freaking read it.

What's the reason? A "can do" attitude? A total team player? Superlative gameplay at the QB position? Leadership skills that make Winston Churchill look like Neville Chamberlain?

No. I think it's because he combines the finest attributes of Joe Montana, Dan Marino, and John Elway all in one magnificent, omnipotent package.

Sign this man tomorrow.

Good enough to be an above average starter, but will never be a guy who can carry the team against all odds?

Sign this man tomorrow.

I hope that's sarcasm, because if it isn't, the reason is he is exactly to opposite of everyting you've mentioned. Or maybe you've been overserved. It happens. If it's sarcasm, WELL DONE!

Good enough to be an above average starter, but will never be a guy who can carry the team against all odds?

Benched for Jimmy Clausen. What more do you need to know? People sign him for his physical talent, then quickly tire of him. Jeff George comes to mind. I have zero interest, but if he winds up a Bill, I'm all behind him and hoping for the best!

Benched for Jimmy Clausen. What more do you need to know? People sign him for his physical talent, then quickly tire of him. Jeff George comes to mind. I have zero interest, but if he winds up a Bill, I'm all behind him and hoping for the best!

If you think he's benched for Jimmy Clausen because of his talent or performance, you haven't been paying attention.

How's the view inside that box?

Why would anyone want the first round picks of instant Superbowl contenders? Lots of value in two #30 picks? Trade a ham sandwich for Brees!

If you think he's benched for Jimmy Clausen because of his talent or performance, you haven't been paying attention.

The problem is certainly NOT his talent. It's the other stuff. Teams have been gambling on him and losing for a while. If he were a true Franchise QB, he wouldn't be available. AGAIN. He's a a long shot some team will go for hoping they can get the most out of him, turn him around, because they're desperate. It hasn't worked in the past. I can't foresee the future, but I've been paying attention, and what I've seen concerns me. But again, if it were to happen, I'd hope for the best and to eat some crow (I hear it's just like chicken).

The problem is certainly NOT his talent. It's the other stuff. Teams have been gambling on him and losing for a while. If he were a true Franchise QB, he wouldn't be available. AGAIN. He's a a long shot some team will go for hoping they can get the most out of him, turn him around, because they're desperate. It hasn't worked in the past. I can't foresee the future, but I've been paying attention, and what I've seen concerns me. But again, if it were to happen, I'd hope for the best and to eat some crow (I hear it's just like chicken).

Oh dear lord, of course he isn't a franchise QB. You don't think everyone knows that?

Oh dear lord, of course he isn't a franchise QB. You don't think everyone knows that?

It's hard to tell who's under what delusions. So, are you proposing a trade where we take on his CRAZY contract, or get him after being cut and pay him like Orten, or a little more. (Sorry, you may have covered this, but I can't read everything here.) And to what do you account for his never sticking in one place in a QB starved league? The trend is pretty clear. I'd try it, but only on the cheap.

It's hard to tell who's under what delusions. So, are you proposing a trade where we take on his CRAZY contract, or get him after being cut and pay him like Orten, or a little more. (Sorry, you may have covered this, but I can't read everything here.) And to what do you account for his never sticking in one place in a QB starved league? The trend is pretty clear. I'd try it, but only on the cheap.

I think when you compare Jay Cutler and Kyle Orton, you should bring up "not sticking in one place." Seeing as KO is on his fifth team, and he's been a back-up, not always starting.

I'm proposing we trade pending a restructure, or sign him IF he's cut for a reasonable deal (definitely not $20+ million).

Edited by FireChan

I never compared the two. If I were to do so I'd say Cutler is more physically talented, but Orton is more of a natural leader and team guy. I was hearing today on ESPN from people who actually know him (for what it's worth which could be very little) Cutler just wants to be a QB but has no interest in being a leader. If he were a really good QB, just maybe could I deal with that. The salary as it is is completely insane. I trust Whaley to make the call.

I hope that's sarcasm, because if it isn't, the reason is he is exactly to opposite of everyting you've mentioned. Or maybe you've been overserved. It happens. If it's sarcasm, WELL DONE!

Of course it was sarcasm, and yet ironically, I would like to see him signed. I do think he is only marginally above average...but ironically, that would have made all the difference this year in terms of making the playoffs.

That's what I said. He either wins the job outright next year, or it's over.

lol

Sorry, I think I misunderstood your original comment.

Though I do not think the starting QB job is open for EJ to grab if he can grab it. I think he is done around here.

That assumes, of course, that Pegula doesn't clean house and bring in an entirely new staff who thinks EJ is the second coming of Jim Kelly.

i never thought for a second it was not sarcasm. If it isn't, lord help us.

Thanks for the support, Yolo.

Hey man, watch what you say about Jimmy Clausen. He is one of Thousand Oaks' finest and also a living legend in South Bend.

OK, maybe not.

Cutler would be the only QB I would really want over Orton. But I wouldn't be willing to pay the price to get him. Orton and EJ battling it out is going to be better than any of the free agent QB's out there besides Cutler (Who I think has issues and wouldn't be a fit for the team). As far as drafting out second round pick should be spend along the O-line.