Time to label Marquise Goodwin a BUST!

KDIGGZ

With all of the TJ Graham haters the past few years, I'm surprised to see everyone letting Marquise Goodwin slide. They are basically the same type of player, drafted in pretty much the same draft position, but with very different on-field production. TJ Graham had twice as much production as Goodwin at this point in their careers. Graham was never that great of a receiver but the stats don't lie:

Graham: 54 receptions, 683 yards, 3 td's

Goodwin: 18 receptions, 325 yards, 3 td's

Not to mention that every time Goodwin gets hit he gets injured. Is this guy made out of play-dough? If TJ Graham is a has-been then Marquise Goodwin is a never-was. And now that we have someone like Thigpen handling the returns it's even more evident what we were missing out on in terms of special teams play.

I feel betrayed. Goodwin said once the Bills drafted him that he was now going to focus on football and being the best player he can be. He lied: http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2014/7/8/5880103/buffalo-bills-news-marquise-goodwin-2016-olympics

This whole time he has been doing track and field workouts in lieu of football workouts. No wonder he is always getting injured and has never progressed. He seems like a good guy but he is definitely not a football player. If he plans on being in the 2016 olympics then maybe we should just cut him now so he can train full time. I think he's going to have a hard time making this roster next year anyhow as it is.

Bye bye Marquise. We hardly knew ya!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a segment posted here a while ago on how he's taken care of his sister. Seems like a wonderful human being.

His football production and durability, however, are maddening. I don't even mind the lack of 'stats' so much. A guy like Goodwin can draw coverage (without being thrown to) and impact the game. To do that, however, you have to be on the field and not inactive due to injury.

There was a segment posted here a while ago on how he's taken care of his sister. Seems like a wonderful human being.

His football production and durability, however, are maddening. I don't even mind the lack of 'stats' so much. A guy like Goodwin can draw coverage (without being thrown to) and impact the game. To do that, however, you have to be on the field and not inactive due to injury.

Or not inactive due to Lee Smith.

Meh, I always believe you can't consider someone a "bust" when they aren't a 1st round pick.

Goodwin is a track star. He's a speed demon in a straight line but he's not a very good football player. He runs average routes, isn't very fluid in his breaks, has average hands etc. He's just a gifted athlete who isn't good at football. No bigs.

Meh, I always believe you can't consider someone a "bust" when they aren't a 1st round pick.

Goodwin is a track star. He's a speed demon in a straight line but he's not a very good football player. He runs average routes, isn't very fluid in his breaks, has average hands etc. He's just a gifted athlete who isn't good at football. No bigs.

I agree but a description like that warrants a 5th, 6th, or 7th round pick and not a 3rd. A lot of people on this forum have been giving TJ Graham crap for the past few years and he was only a 3rd round pick as well. Seems like there is a double standard for some reason. TJ Graham was probably the better player and we let him walk and we kept Goodwin who can't even stay on the field for an entire game. Maybe it's not a huge deal because we have Watkins and Woods but it would have been nice to have another weapon for our QB's

Or not inactive due to Lee Smith.

That's a fate far worse than injury.

There were several moments during the game Sunday when I shouted out, to no one in particular, "why is Lee Smith a part of any offense's gameplan?"

The completion for zero yards was particularly invigorating.

Edited by eball

I agree but a description like that warrants a 5th, 6th, or 7th round pick and not a 3rd. A lot of people on this forum have been giving TJ Graham crap for the past few years and he was only a 3rd round pick as well. Seems like there is a double standard for some reason. TJ Graham was probably the better player and we let him walk and we kept Goodwin who can't even stay on the field for an entire game. Maybe it's not a huge deal because we have Watkins and Woods but it would have been nice to have another weapon for our QB's

Goodwin can catch without jumping.

When he's healthy.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

According to what? Do you have comparison stats to show that his production is the equivalent to what late round picks, and not third round picks achieve?

Graham got crap for multiple reasons:

1. The Bills traded UP to get him, passing Russell Wilson. That's a tough one to get over.

2. Graham showed ZERO flashes in his limited time, he couldn't track the ball in the air and demonstrated nothing but terrible hands.

Goodwin gets crap for his injuries, which are tough to overlook, but when healthy he's made plays Graham hasn't. He's got far better hands, is faster and stronger, and if it wasn't for this putrid offensive system he'd be on the field more than once every other month with a chance to show what he can do.

For whatever reason you wish to assign to it, Goodwin hasn't been able (or given a chance) to find consistency in his game. Graham had more opportunities than Goodwin has had, and did far less with them.

According to what? Do you have comparison stats to show that his production is the equivalent to what late round picks, and not third round picks achieve?

you don't take a chance on a "good athlete" that maybe will turn into a football player in the 3rd round. the late rounds are for projects like that. 3rd round you want to get someone who can step in and play right away. look at what Preston Brown has done this year for example

If not for his durability, I think he would have caught on more... he showed flashes of goodness when SJ and Woods were out last year, and Hackett had him run actual routes instead of just streaking deep. Oh well.

actually no its his durability the guy is a glass joe